• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What style(s) are you good at?

Which style?

• RHBH

Votes: 136 84.0%
  • LHBH

Votes: 16 9.9%
  • RHFH

Votes: 76 46.9%
  • LHFH

Votes: 8 4.9%
  • Other

Votes: 26 16.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

timray109

Which throwing method are you good at? Not the one you use the most, but all of the ones that you can generally end up were you want to be.

I was forehand dominant for many years. But my backhand has gotten to the point that I'm equally confident in that now.

I can comfortably throw backhand & forehand with about equal accuracy but my backhand gets more distance than my forehand. I also throw tomahawk a few holes a round & I find it useful for a lot more than getting over obstacles. I can't thumber well at all though...:wall:

RHBH & RHFH, thumbers, FH & BH rollers. The people who designed the courses in my area made sure there are a wide variety of challenges, so I practice all the shots. RHBH is certainly dominant though.

bh & fh both have d, accuracy and consistency. OH at approach distance is pretty solid, and I got some rollers and turbo putts up my sleeve.

Started RHFH and attained good accuracy and distance but had to learn RHBH for extra distance and windy conditions. I've also begun to use a thumber more and FH/BH roller shots. My next hurdle is a really good anhyzer shot - it feels weird but looks really nice when they pan out just right!

Always been RHBH dominant. Used to suck with RHFH, and only used it when RHBH seemed like a piss poor option. Still better RHBH, but my FH is pretty serviceable and getting better. Recently, there have been there are times I could have done either off the tee, and was glad I went with RHFH, so it's definitely working into my game.

Didn't see it was multiple before I voted. But tomahawks and RHBH for me.. I just put RHBH.

I can comfortably throw backhand & forehand with about equal accuracy but my backhand gets more distance than my forehand. I also throw tomahawk a few holes a round & I find it useful for a lot more than getting over obstacles. I can't thumber well at all though...:wall:

Switch tomahawk and thumber in the above paragraph and this is my "style".

95% LHBH for drives, RHOH for the other 5%, 70/30 LHBH/ RHFH for approaches, RH turbo putt, LHBH for regular putts

In tournaments I still throw almost exclusively rhbh (air/roller). Some approach oh, turbo, and fh rollers; with just a couple rhfh thrown in. Mostly because I don't have the time to warm up everything I'd like to (I try to have confidence in a throwing style before the round if I'm going to use it in round). Every once in a while I'll throw a fh drive, but I usually have to know I'll need it before round.

In casual rounds, I'll throw rhbh, oh (thumber/tommy), rhfh, turbo, lhbh, rollers (bh/fh, thumber, thumb) and expect them to be in the fairway. My lhfh is going 1000% further than 2 weeks ago, but is still very bad.

What can I say ... some times it gets boring to work on rhbh. Also, my Dr. told me I should be working my left shoulder muscles.

And also; am I missing anything?

Latest posts