• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What the hell is a "Cubby" ace?

REDARMY

Double Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
i've seen some of the guys videos and have seen 'cubby' aces in a few sigs around here, whats the deal?

An ace where you sit at a short hole and empty your bag trying for an ace (preferably with a camera running)

Why all the hate? His videos probably get a bunch of people hooked on the sport.

WillA Carpenter is trying to call them Pink Aces, it might catch, but I think the Term "Cubby ace" will be added to our vocab list.

I would have like 300 aces at that hole by now... 57 feet shouldn't even count, I practice putts from that distance quite a bit

Same here. At my practice field, I make shots from that distance and longer all the time.

hahaha i wonder what he would say if he read this. i agree with all of you guys though

Why all the hate? His videos probably get a bunch of people hooked on the sport.

totally. if it appeals to some people that havent played out there or encourages people to play, i'm all for cubby. he's an avid disc golfer that plays day and night rain or shine...and films it.

anybody ever met him? playing that much you would think somebody here would have encountered him out on the course?

Yeah who really cares if he films it and posts it . . . it doesnt mean that they are considered valid good aces . . . they are simply put cubby aces and I have now added my cubby aces to my signature for all to track!

if u cross reference the holes that he got aces on with this site, they are not all super short holes. i think the latest video he put up is actually a 300ft hole. there is still no doubt in my mind that he empties his whole bag and then some when he goes to make a video tho.

i wish i could find a course somewhere that has absolutely no traffic so i could record myself throwing 40 discs at a single basket. it would be fun as hell

57ft should be listed as a par 1 or 2 all the way...

I don't see it as hate at all really. I believe calling it a "cubby ace" makes a very clear distinction between a legitimate ace and what some people want to be an ace.

what if he uses this site haha

Supposedly he does have an account on this site. Here's a thread where he chimes in with his thoughts:

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11324#post11324

Whether it's really him or not is anyone's guess. I do believe it's him. It's too bad he didn't lay down the facts on his hundreds of aces and how they were obtained. Based on what little commentary he put up, it sounds like he really doesn't care what others think of his "accomplishments." Which is they way it should be. If he wants to believe that he's accomplished something than who are we to try and take that away from him. He only has himself to answer to.

I do think it's a wonderful thing that he may be inspiring people to try disc golf. That's great and I give him props for his endeavors. However, I also believe it's important that people understand what an ace is by definition. There is no room for interpretation when calling an ace.

Last edited: