• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What the hell is a "Cubby" ace?

If the thread is deleted you can say I told him I would eat his first born child, you do not have my quote or my context.
I would have loved to have told cubby my feelings about his aces in the past, but not right before he is about to play in the world championships. Never the less I have become more openminded about his contributions to the sport and no longer had the urge to insult him infront of 4 strangers before his most important tourney of the year. Excuse me for maturing, you should try it yourself.
You probably have tried to call me a douche before, but who is trolling to call me names while I am trying to make amends to all of the cubby fans I have attacked.

If the thread is deleted you can say I told him I would eat his first born child, you do not have my quote or my context.
I would have loved to have told cubby my feelings about his aces in the past, but not right before he is about to play in the world championships. Never the less I have become more openminded about his contributions to the sport and no longer had the urge to insult him infront of 4 strangers before his most important tourney of the year. Excuse me for maturing, you should try it yourself.
You probably have tried to call me a douche before, but who is trolling to call me names while I am trying to make amends to all of the cubby fans I have attacked.

:thmbup:

I have yet to see a video where there is a disc on the ground somewhere. If he walks back and forth to get the disc out of view, he wouldn't be so round. Show me a video where something doesn't look right. As for the second part of your post, you're an idiot.

Takes one to know one. Apparently you didn't understand what I was working towards there.. it was that you are gullible.

And 400 Cubby aces is still impressive. I can't take that from him. I don't even have 1. But I do have a tournament win. If he gets one, I hope he films it and exposes everyone to serious and competitive play so that people can see there is more to the game than playing a day-long game of catch with one basket 100' away.

it was that you are gullible.
Prove me wrong then you can call me gullible.

And 400 Cubby aces is still impressive. I can't take that from him. I don't even have 1. But I do have a tournament win. If he gets one, I hope he films it and exposes everyone to serious and competitive play so that people can see there is more to the game than playing a day-long game of catch with one basket 100' away.

What makes you so special that you can say a guy, who you know nothing about, is a liar? BTW, look at his PDGA page. He's got way more wins than you and is rated higher than most of the people on this board. He's also been playing a long-ass time.

I'm sure he's a nice guy and a good golfer, BUT...

...he still makes disc golf look bad. :\

A guy makes disc golf look bad because he throws a lot of discs at a basket?

Tar and feather time!

Beer cans, cig butts, drunk kids, property destruction, weed, litter...Cubby. All those things are what are ruining the sport.

I wouldn't say ruining, especially not in Cubby's case, but I'm not convinced he's helping either.

It's not "Cubby hating," it's just looking at it at face value. Take a step back and pretend you're a random guy that's never heard or seen disc golf before. You see Cubby's youtube vids and what you see is a rotund guy wearing an old, stained shirt and sweatpants professing to have a gajillion aces. Not only does he look like a slob, but he makes it look like any out of shape slob can dominate this sport. Whether he likes it or not, he's an ambassador to the sport b/c his vids give the game so much exposure.

If you were hiring a guy for the job of "disc golf ambassador," who would you most likely hire? Cubby in his stained sweats or someone like Feldberg with his dri-fit polo and nice ball cap?

I wouldn't say ruining, especially not in Cubby's case, but I'm not convinced he's helping either.

It's not "Cubby hating," it's just looking at it at face value. Take a step back and pretend you're a random guy that's never heard or seen disc golf before. You see Cubby's youtube vids and what you see is a rotund guy wearing an old, stained shirt and sweatpants professing to have a gajillion aces. Not only does he look like a slob, but he makes it look like any out of shape slob can dominate this sport. Whether he likes it or not, he's an ambassador to the sport b/c his vids give the game so much exposure.

If you were hiring a guy for the job of "disc golf ambassador," who would you most likely hire? Cubby in his stained sweats or someone like Feldberg with his dri-fit polo and nice ball cap?

I guess I'm old school ....lol...I get your point but I still think Cubby is great for DG

If I was a typical player I'd be intimidated watching all those PDGA tour videos...Cubby screams good times

Me personally, I don't care what an athlete looks like, I care what he does. I'm always more apt to root for the John Dalys or David Wells'es of the world but most people prefer the Tiger Woods or Kobe Bryants. That's why sports like basketball and football tend to get more fanfare IMO. People don't watch bowling and go, "Oh man, if I got in shape and worked out I could play at that level!" They go, "Holy crap, Jordan dunked from the free throw line, that's impressive. I wish I could be that good."

I understand that cubby can't just change his personality and body, but I agree that he could be a tad classier with his clothing. And if I wanted someone to be an ambassador for something I do, I'd like for them to have a strong command of the English language. I don't know if Cubby has that or not, but I'd want someone who sounds very intelligent when they talk (whether they are or not). That is what the US president is for, right?

I'm sure he's a nice guy and a good golfer, BUT...

...he still makes disc golf look bad. :\

Beer cans, cig butts, drunk kids, property destruction, weed, litter...Cubby. All those things are what are ruining the sport.

A guy makes disc golf look bad because he throws a lot of discs at a basket?

Tar and feather time!

When is the last time any of you had a good time on the disc golf course???

It isn't always about tourneys, it isn't always about the top pros, it isn't always about parking a hole for a duece . . . sometimes it is just about fun. I make fun of the local guys thta always go for aces because that isn't tournament disc golf (unless its an ace race), but in the end if that is what they get out of disc golf . . . so be it. Have fun no matter what you do and you will be with this sport for a lifetime. If you stop having fun . . . it's time to quit, so do what is fun to you but dont criticize people for what is fun to them!!!

I am sure you guys haven't thought this deeply about Cubby or what he does, but I think I bring up a good point.

Sometimes I go to certain leagues just because the ace pool is high and it is a short easy course. I still have only hit 2 league aces (One for $62, and another for like $45) and no tourney aces, but it sure is fun when you do it. Remember that feeling????? However you get that feeling . . . embrace it, but don't knock other people down for what they think is fun!!!! I believe I have matured because I used to make fun of Cubby . . . but not anymore!

I understand that cubby can't just change his personality and body, but I agree that he could be a tad classier with his clothing.
For DGM he dresses very nice. Can you blame a guy for throwing what he's comfortable in?
And if I wanted someone to be an ambassador for something I do, I'd like for them to have a strong command of the English language.I don't know if Cubby has that or not, but I'd want someone who sounds very intelligent when they talk (whether they are or not). That is what the US president is for, right?

How does he talk that makes you think he can't speak good? He does good for DGM.

I would hire me for any promotional videos,flowing locks and all.

they sell,what can I say.

Hello all, I'm new to disc golf and this forum. I've played 20 years of ultimate and some of that translated over to disc golf. However DG is not ultimate and I've had the disc golf bug since I started last fall. I'm competitive and getting better and have asked a lot of top players in my area for help. I've also read tons on technique and disc articles, spent hours on the practice field, bought a digital video recorder to film my form, and watched numerous videos of guys a lot better than me and for fun many that are worse. A few months ago, I came across several of Cubby's filmed aces. I must have watched 20 of them as well of one vid where he filmed one of his rounds... the guy throws with both hands, pretty cool in my book.

I clicked on this thread because I saw "Cubby Aces" in signatures like the OP. IMO as a new guy that hopes to one day move up I think Cubby is cool and if someone is worried about the image he's projecting... please its disc golf. I believe very few will ever waste their time watching his vids saying "I'll never make Tiger Woods money throwing plastic" unless they're already hooked on DG like us. You should see the some drunk redneck ball golfers around here teeing it up with drivers on short par 3s. They've got beer bellies so big they almost fall over reaching down into the cup... but golf sponsors look the other way.

Have you seen Ian Poulter? If not google his pics and tell me he's not got a set.

Got my answer and variety is the spice of life.

Latest posts