• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

what to use for tube for cart...

chumley

I'm going to modify a golf push cart and I can't figure out what to use for the tube...I need something I can cut a section out of that the discs will fit in. I've seen some pictures online but I need to know where to find the tube/pipe. Thanks in advance.

I'm using the tires that were on the cart when I bought it. They're solid foam so no need for tubes.

Lol, I guess I should've been more descriptive...some people use a large plastic tube (9 or 10 inch diameter) to mount where the bag would go and then cut out the front to put discs in. Thank you though.

Sorry. Talk about a swing and a miss! :doh:

If you want a tube, you could buy a concrete footer tube. It's cardboard though so you'd have to figure out a waterproofing solution. You could also build one with sheet metal.

I mounted a shelf, put the bag on it, and clip the straps into the piece that holds the top of the golf bag. I've also seen them with a piece of plywood mounted flat on them and a bag hung on that by the straps.

I looked at the concrete tubes at Lowe's but they didn't carry the right size...may have to fabricate one out of sheet metal like you said.

Harvel.com has any size pvc you need. Or you could just buy a Ridge Roller from me :)

I've seen carts with that corrugated black tubing. I don't recall if it was 6"or 8". Slice it down the middle then either cut some wood or plastic circles or just use old discs at the top and bottom to stretch it to the right circumference and viola, disc tube. The corrugated aspect of it gives you many "slots" to slide your discs in.

If you dont want to order online, there are dedicated plumbing supply stores all over the place that will have a much broader selection than lowes/depot. Also I would recommend abs over pvc. Its easier to cut, its much lighter, and its more flexible.

I used conduit on this bad boy I made. Cheap and rust resistant. Kinda on the weaker side, but it works for what I need it to do.

CueUryj

5 gallon bucket

I use a 5 gallon bucket with lid for the base/shelf on the bottom of the cart. Whichever backpack I am using for that round rides on top of it. Pretty simple to strap the bag to the cart plus the bucket is an excellent cooler, trashcan, large clothing storage, etc. The bucket is secured using the straps already on the cart.

After a round it all breaks down nice and tidy.

I like the idea of a bucket for drinks and trash. The cooler I've been using under my bag is small and works itself out of its straps. I wonder how well the bucket would work in its place.

image with bucket

Here's the closest pic I have of the rig
2r7r7sk.jpg

Apologies for taking the thread off track. I have seen the tubes before and they look very useful. I have limited trunk space. Need to break down the rig as small as I can get it.

I have limited trunk space. Need to break down the rig as small as I can get it.

I own a MINI Cooper and have a 60lb disc dog so this was a big concern of mine as well. I built mine to add as little as possible to the existing design. The plus to that is that I can leave pieces at home when I don't need them. As it got cooler here, I didn't need to keep my water on ice so the cooler started staying home, and I put the water bottles in the designated pockets on my bag.

I received a seriously old skool golf pull caddy like cast aluminum style but super legit construction. Going to play around a little bit this summer but the thing is pimp'n!

2 wheel

Just a word to the wise.

I have been playing golf for over 3 decades. Very early developed back issues so I've been using carts for nearly 30 years. Those old solid 2 wheel bag boys were sweet but you do want to get in the habit of pushing rather than pulling them. Keeps you upright and centered. If you pull they will torque your lower back slowly but surely.

Just a word to the wise.

I have been playing golf for over 3 decades. Very early developed back issues so I've been using carts for nearly 30 years. Those old solid 2 wheel bag boys were sweet but you do want to get in the habit of pushing rather than pulling them. Keeps you upright and centered. If you pull they will torque your lower back slowly but surely.

:thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:

Thanks! Pushing always feels like it provides more control.