• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What type of DG'er are you?!?

What do you say when your competitor's/friends are putting?

• "You got this"

Votes: 137 88.4%
  • "Miss it, Miss it!!!"

Votes: 18 11.6%

• Total voters
Hear hear!

I'd rather experience good golf than misfortune...
even while said good golf can be my misfortune, on the scorecard.
:\

I can't lie and say that I don't think to myself how nice it would be if this guy misses his putt but I will always congratulate a nice shot or putt even if it is the one that puts the nail in my coffin...besides, I am the one that dug the grave so its not like it is their fault if they do better.

I never hope anyone misses a shot, that's bad karma. When I'm playing in tournaments, I try to play against my rating. Sure it would be nice to win something, but as long as I'm shooting my rating or better it doesn't matter how my score compares to everyone else's.

Whatever I may be thinking, I always encourage the people I'm playing with and congratulate them on great shots. That doesn't mean I'm not hoping that guy misses his putt so that I can stay in the lead, but it seems rude to me to say that out loud...

I say, "You got this." But really it's just reverse psychology. You know... pump em up so they have farther to fall. That way it's harder to get up.

In reality I like seeing good shots. I don't care who shoots them. But, if it's the last hole and I'm up by one, and they have a twenty-five birdie putt to tie... reverse psychology all the way.
DSCJNKY

I have been the victim of such mind warfare......

I was playing a round with some friends, and had an awesome drive. I was sent for a fairly easy birdie, when one of the guys walked by and said "Looks like you got a bird comin". After that, I struggled to just keep +1 on the damn thing.

For the rest of the day, if I fubared any shot, I would look at him while pointing at my disc and say, THAT'S YOUR FAULT TOO!!!

It was all in good fun, but reverse psychology definitely works.

im quite keep to my self go for ace when not playing tournament have fun and once its not fun i stop doing it

Latest posts