• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What was the first course you ever played?

Fairfield Park DGC in Round Lake, IL was my first.

Although I did not live in the area when I first started hukin plastic at metal, I am very happy to call Fairfield my home course now while watching the re-design up close and personal. Assuming everything goes as planned, I will have a top notch course in the neighborhood sometime next year! :thmbup:

1st true course was Herman Michael Park in Bishop, GA.

I played "frisbee golf" at Palomar College in San Diego (just some lines painted on trees/poles/corners of buildings) and on a "private" course somewhere in Cali that had wagon wheels mounted on posts w/ ropes tied to them back in the '80's.

Richmond Hill in Asheville, NC. Its not hard to see how I got hooked after that. I've heard they redesigned the course after I played there, haven't been back to see it since. I was given one disc, not even sure what it was, some driver. I'm guessing this was back in 2008ish.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=453

Lake Lowndes State Park, Columbus MS. (circa 1998)

Played that course over 50 times before I tried a different course.

First course with baskets played:

Pensacola - Mobil KOA Campground, 18 DGA Mach 1 baskets.

DGA event in 1977, had to join to play (#553).
women got upset that men did not play with shirts, so they went without for the final round.
Course pulled - go figure!

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=72

Highland Road in Baton Rouge with my 7 and 6 year olds. Looking for something to do we saw "Disc Golf" in the newspaper and went out to see what it was. Guys coming off the course gave my two sons, but not me ,(Ha) each an old disc. Bought our own Sharks the next day and the rest is history.

A temporary set up in a local park. (Maybe set up by Ed.) There weren't pole holes back then. You holed out by throwing through a Hula Hoop. It kinda sucked because you had to line up your putt with the plane of the hoop.

Latest posts