• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What was Your First Ace?

Texconsinite

Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
I almost nailed my first Ace the other day the first time playing at Spring Valley DGC in Spring, Texas. Hole #9 is about 200ft with a quick Blind dogleg right. I annyed my White Wolf off the tee, and it followed the corner beautifully. Just tried to get it around dogleg, but ended up landing directly in front of pin. A few feet further and it was there.

I guess I am curious where everyone nailed their first ace, and how they did it. Every disc golfer loves to talk about their successes, so tell us about them

Mine was at Baker Farm on hole #8. I threw my DX shark and it flew like a bullet.. flat, straight and right into the basket. Length on the hole is 197ft. and it's pretty much a straight shot to the basket. I had gotten close to acing that hole several times in the past but the stars must have been aligned that one day :)

Here's the hole:
8cb724d8_m.jpg

Hole # 11 at Lafluer's Bluff in Jackson, MS. Around 200 feet. The is a natural path with the basket on the side of a hill up to the right. I threw a cheetah with a nice right turn on it(backhand) and as it died it faded just a bit left into the basket. A couple of years later I aced the same hole again with an almost identical shot, except with a Dragon the second time.

Still looking for my first ace.

Playing four months now and I haven't had one yet. My best run was the 230' QVCC Valley Classic #18 at Texas States this past weekend. My hyzering 180 Star Shark missed by what had to be about a foot. Ended up down in the ditch and I punked out on the ~12' steep uphill birdie putt too :( Sad, sad hole for me.

Oh yeah, Ace Pot for the tourney was $950. Two guys split it. One hit QVCC Links #4, don't remember the other one.

Last edited:
1st ace

I've only hit one, about 2 months ago on a 260 ft hole 7b at Wickham Park in Melbourne FL. Hit it while playing with 4 other course regulars, with a 171 gram champion Beast. It was about the best feeling in the world :)

My first was on hole 7 at Iroquois Park in Louisville in 1983. I think it was about 180. A downhill shot and you had to hyzer round a clump of trees. Ching!

My only other ace was on hole 4 at Iroquois which was shorter back then as I recall. Just a straight shot down a tunnel of trees - maybe 160.

I haven't had a basket ace since but I went from 1984 to 2005 without playing. I have had some object course aces since then but I don't count them.

played today and almost had 2 Aces at Archusa Water Park. On #1 and #5 I hit the basket off the skip but neither went in. Both times the disc was still rising and hit the bottom of the basket.

I hit my first last weekend at Peaks View Park in Lynchburg, VA. It was hole #3, which is pretty much a straight shot 180 feet hole. I used a DX Eagle. I've come close to aceing the hole before, but this time I finally got it.

It was the greatest feeling ever. I've been playing a little over two years!

My first ace was also with a dx eagle. It was hole 6 at Industrial Park in Searcy, AR, a wide open 240 footer. It happened in my third week of playing and I was all alone. I sat at the tee box for like 10 minutes not knowing whether to celebrate or start crying that I was the only person on the course. So the question is, if you hit an ace in a field and nobody is there to see it, did it really happen?

I say it counts. I mean,why lie about it. I have 5 aces and I was alone for 1 of them. I know it was an ace,whether anybody else does or not.

My first and only

I have also only had one ace. It came at Sharp Springs in Smyrna, TN on the pro hole 3 (over the pond). I was using a 10x KC Pro Eagle 174g. It is a gentle hyzer out over a pond and back into a landing area on the other side. The pin was in the short location right on the bank. It is about 265 maybe. Well, I threw it too high, or so I thought. I really thought that I had lost a good disc in the drink and it fadded off slightly to the left, but was falling like a brick from the sky and it may have hit some chains, but it looked like it almost fell straight into the basket. I had one witness, my buddy that I always play with, so we both signed the disc and it's hanging in my office...in fact I can see it right now. I hated to retire it because it was a trusty driver but I learned from my buddy. He has one ace. 3 days later he lost the disc in the drink on a different hole. Mine has not been thrown again since.

My first ace was also with a dx eagle. It was hole 6 at Industrial Park in Searcy, AR, a wide open 240 footer. It happened in my third week of playing and I was all alone. I sat at the tee box for like 10 minutes not knowing whether to celebrate or start crying that I was the only person on the course. So the question is, if you hit an ace in a field and nobody is there to see it, did it really happen?

Yes, it counts, but it's not near as fun. I'm glad I had two witnesses!

Hole 12, 490', Gran Canyon, Brooksville FL, FLASH 175g
2005 Best Shot Doubles Championship

I threw a huge hyzer off a 50' cliff that opens up to a grassy field and somehow my disc managed to find the basket and stick.

Ken Climo congratulated me after the round, which made not being in the Ace pot(290$) all worth it!

My first ace was about an hour ago. Hole #3 at Hobson Grove in Bowling Green, KY. 265 ft. blind basket. I made the throw on the line I wanted and had turned to walk off the teepad when I heard CRASH!!! So I ran over the hill and saw my disc in the basket. It likely skipped but I'm not sure. Had a witness and took a pic of him standing by the basket also, just in case.

Here's a pic of the Star TeeRex before removing it from the basket:
IMG00057.jpg

Nice shot!! One of my aces was off the skip. There's nothing like hearing the sound of chains from the tee.

Edora Park, Ft. Collins, CO #4

dcc26514.jpg

Four years playing (possibly to the day), playing by myself but some locals saw it. Probably in the 263 ft long position right at the end of the concrete. It was one of those that just felt perfect on the release... and didn't feel real until I pulled it out.

I am still waiting on mine as well. The closest I ever got was #9 at Mac Gregor Park in Houston, TX. Hit the rim of the basket. I think the hole is about 220 feet.

My first ace was on hole 16 - Pin Placement B - at my home course in San Diego, Morley Field...It was 240 feet and I threw a 150 gram Champion Leopard...I was so stoked and fortunately someone was there to witness it....

I hit my first ace after a couple months of playing and it just started a snowball of aces after that. My first ace was 220 ft. I threw a 171 champion orc forehard and it just slammed the chains and stayed in.
Here's the hole:
zzzz.jpg

I aced it 2 more times shortly after.
I also aced this hole with a skip ace soon after my first ace:
zzzzzzzzzz.jpg

Both of those holes are at Greenway DGC in Oregon.
I also aced this hole while visiting family in Arizona:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=JdX2OJ3E3vM
(Vista Del Camino Park)

since last fall, no more aces but lately I've splashed the chains and 5 different holes ranging from 220-405 ft.

Latest posts