• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What was your first driver ever?

Hellweg

Par Member
Mine was a blue 150g dx sidewinder, i pretty good first disc i would say, although my second was a star wraith...

I feel so dissapointed I cannot remember my first driver or my first disc for that matter. Its been a long time.

Actually, the more I think about it, I think I had a starter pack years ago that came with a Stingray and Aviar, and not sure what the driver was. Was either a Leopard or a Gazelle. And it was weird because they were all around 170 weight.

Anyone remember what was in that starter set with the Aviar and Stingray about 7-8 years ago?

my very first driver was a discraft comet, it is still a main staple in my game now used as a very straight shootin' mid........................

First Fairway Driver: DX Leopard 150g
First Distance Driver: Star TeeRex 170g (from a friend, didn't know it was probably too fast for me then)

In 1984 there weren't any "drivers". I bought an Aviar at a tournament and got hooked. Next was an XD, almost a driver. Then a Lightning, the only one they made. I guess it was the P-40. Beveled edge, super stiff. Ha there it is, my first real driver!

150 Champion Valkyrie, came in a starter pack. Could throw it fair, but felt too light. Now have a 167 and love it. 150 in wife's bag, now.

I feel so dissapointed I cannot remember my first driver or my first disc for that matter. Its been a long time.

Actually, the more I think about it, I think I had a starter pack years ago that came with a Stingray and Aviar, and not sure what the driver was. Was either a Leopard or a Gazelle. And it was weird because they were all around 170 weight.

Anyone remember what was in that starter set with the Aviar and Stingray about 7-8 years ago?

the only drivers i have ever seen or heard about are the leopard or cheetah in the starter pack

the only drivers i have ever seen or heard about are the leopard or cheetah in the starter pack

Any more thats what I see, but I also see Sharks now instead of Stingrays. I know they had leopards back then in those packs but something is telling me that Gazelles were also available.

Dont think they came in a box either, but for some reason I am picturing like a big plastic pouch that hang on a peg hook.

Latest posts