• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What would you do if there was no disc golf?

wolito

* Ace Member *
Silver level trusted reviewer
Imagine if you will that for whatever reason, disc golf ceased to exist! No courses or discs anymore! What would you do? Besides feeling depressed to the point of suicide as you contemplate no more throwing plastic, how would you fill up your spare time? Are there other hobbies that you would devote more time to? Or would you just give up on life and sit around drinking beer all day? Would you maintain some level of fitness in life by picking up a different sport? Myself, I would hope that I would remain active by biking and hiking more and just enjoying the outdoors. Share your thoughts.

disc doggin, that whats made me try disc golf, but if i wasn't obsessed with disc golf i would be out racing my motorcycle more and working on my landrover, spending more time with the gf and dogs too...

Before there was DG there was "target Frisbee". A game we used to play in the old neighborhood. We had two 4x4s on top of which we would place beer cans filled with rocks. Knock them off and the first one to 10 wins.

Spend more time and money on stuff like this:

20' tall, 11" diameter and flew to 8000' AGL. The propellant alone cost $1k. That was a group project - I could NEVER afford to fly something like that on my own. My stuff is usually a lot smaller:

3774199521_743307304c.jpg

7.5' tall, 4" diameter on a motor that produces 150 pounds of thrust. :) Makes me smile every time.

-Dave

Last edited:
If there were no disc golf, it seems logical to assume there would be no DGCR, so with both of those missing from my life I'd probably be sorting my 20 years' of stamp collections and lamenting about how there's nothing to do. I might join a curling team, too...

Spend more time and money on stuff like this:

20' tall, 11" diameter and flew to 8000' AGL. The propellant alone cost $1k. That was a group project - I could NEVER afford to fly something like that on my own. My stuff is usually a lot smaller:

3774199521_743307304c.jpg

7.5' tall, 4" diameter on a motor that produces 150 pounds of thrust. :) Makes me smile every time.

-Dave

Does the government not classify that as a weapon of mass destruction? We aren't even allowed bottle rockets in NC! :mad:

I'd pull a Forest Gump and let my beard grow and run across the country.

Heh, I lol'ed at that one. I'd concentrate on my campaign to marry the world's tallest midget.

Nah, I'd probably just play pick up ball some more.

I played the hell out of Tennis for 12 years. I would search out courts the way I now search out courses. The reason I live in the apartment complex that I do, is because they have a Tennis court. I have 6 racquets, a Wilson Tour Bag, a practice basket, and I at one time had over 90 tennis balls. I still like to play once in a while, but Disc Golf is my first love.

Latest posts