• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What would you do?

Zach, share his number here, or on the Twin Cities Disc Golf page. Somebody will make it their purpose to out the dude and find out everything about him, his girl, family, kids, etc and he will end up begging for mercy :)

Frustrating enough to lose a disc, more frustrating when a bag of vinegar and water finds it and trys to play games with it's rightful owner :/

I would do this but I would leave his girl and family out of it but as for him let everyone know what kind of person he is. I know alot of people here will think I am a d*** for doing this but a guy in a group of four pick up my disc I just caught it out of the corner of my eye. I waited for them to catch up to me.when I ask him for my disc he didn't know what I was talking about but I could see it on their faces and hear it in their voices so I just reached into his bag and pulled it out and showed him my name and number on it. If you were there to witness it you would know it wasn't a honest mistake. The worse part was I almost felt guilty talking it out of his bag but he wouldn't show me his golf disc's

The only time this happened to me, was when I got a call from a Bayside DGC (Sufflok VA) regular that he found my favorite LE ESP 2nd run Comet. Since I'm from Wilmington, NC, I got his address and sent him a self-addressed, stamped padded mailing envelope for the disc. All he had to do was stick it in the envelope, seal it and mail it. Still took him like two months.

Didn't read this carefully but did you offer to send him $4 via PayPal to cover shipping ?

Update. The situation has somewhat been resolved. I convinced him into sending it now (or so he says). So now I just have to wait and see if he was honest or if he just said he would send it to get me off his back. I'm not going to believe anything until the disc is in my hands as I have been down the "I'll send it bro" road before on this same disc. Thanks for all of the help everyone!

It's weird that he called you, but didn't want to return the disc. I guess he didn't want to pay the shipping for no guarantee in return.

I think alot of people call assuming the disc was lost by someone local (fairly easy to return), then when they find out it's someone 200 miles away, their commitment changes. Most disc golfers don't want to spend $5 on pay2play, let alone cough that up for postage to ship a lost disc.
I shipped a disc back to a guy once that never even thanked me. A local Portland, OR. pro known around there.

This is my philosophy, take it or leave it.

If I find a disc, I call the #. If the dude is still at the course I tell him what hole I am on and he can meet me up. If he has left the course I give him the option of driving back to meet me before I finish my round, otherwise I will leave the disc at their chosen spot on the course. That would be a pro shop if available, otherwise I will stash it under a garbage can or something so the owner can track it down. If the person is out of town well good luck. I'm not taking on an errand to return it. I will offer to stash it at the course but otherwise too bad.

I don't know about you guys, but at my worst calculation my time is worth roughly $30 an hour. If you expect me to take time to return your disc understand that I am losing a minimum of $30 an hour to get this piece of plastic to you. Not only that but I place a high intrinsic value on my time and with a job + 3.5 kids there is no way I am embarking on a post office visit unless suitably induced.

If I find a disc, I call the #. If the dude is still at the course I tell him what hole I am on and he can meet me up. If he has left the course I give him the option of driving back to meet me before I finish my round, otherwise I will leave the disc at their chosen spot on the course. That would be a pro shop if available, otherwise I will stash it under a garbage can or something so the owner can track it down. If the person is out of town well good luck. I'm not taking on an errand to return it. I will offer to stash it at the course but otherwise too bad.

I don't know about you guys, but at my worst calculation my time is worth roughly $30 an hour. If you expect me to take time to return your disc understand that I am losing a minimum of $30 an hour to get this piece of plastic to you. Not only that but I place a high intrinsic value on my time and with a job + 3.5 kids there is no way I am embarking on a post office visit unless suitably induced.

I'm going to respectfully disagree that having you post here for an hour is worth anything close to $30

This same thing happened to me. It turned out the guy "lost" my disc after he called me. Whether its true or not I did feel some sort of satisfaction getting the call. better than laying in bed thinking of my lost disc out in the cold dark night or in the hands of a non-calling thief.

LMAO. I have the identical approach on the first paragraph, but it's not because I don't want to be inconvenienced or my time is valuable. I will simply forget/procrastinate and it will stay in my trunk, so I take on the trash can approach so I'm not breaking a promise. I ask the exact same of people who call me. They sometimes offer to meet up, and again I get all lazy unless it's something really special. I just tell them to put it under a trash can. I have done that at least 3 times with 0 follow up. I wonder if they are still there.......

On that 2nd paragraph, I just find it hilarious that you quantified the value of your time. :clap: I'm not a supernatural/karma guy, but it gives me the fuzzies if I can make someone happy by returning their disc. Unfortunately, I learned my need for those fuzzies goes away quickly, so I stopped making promises.

Zach, share his number here, or on the Twin Cities Disc Golf page. Somebody will make it their purpose to out the dude and find out everything about him, his girl, family, kids, etc and he will end up begging for mercy :)
Eek.. I know you have good intentions here but I don't think going balls deep and doxxing somebody over a $15 Destroyer is really warranted.

Now if it was a pop-top marbled SDS, my opinion might be swayed...

On that 2nd paragraph, I just find it hilarious that you quantified the value of your time. :clap: I'm not a supernatural/karma guy, but it gives me the fuzzies if I can make someone happy by returning their disc. Unfortunately, I learned my need for those fuzzies goes away quickly, so I stopped making promises.

I am all for warm fuzzies, but with almost 4 kids I care less. My kids don't eat fuzzies (unless I'm not watching closely enough).

Frustrating enough to lose a disc, more frustrating when a bag of vinegar and water finds it and trys to play games with it's rightful owner :/

Lol this is an appropriate response to you?? SMH :wall:

Uh....

raw

First of all, YOU lost the disc and YOU didn't find it. If someone finds it and feels the need to contact you and get it back to you, it's a good thing on their part and a bonus for you. Losing discs is part of the game. I tend to agree with one of the other posters that the guy probably wasn't willing to go out of state with his efforts. Who knows.

I often rake the lake at my local course looking for discs over the past couple years. Spent money making the rakes and spent many hours doing it. To this day, I haven't thrown ANY of the discs I've found and I have never accepted any form of payment for returning them. I've never sold any either. I have several times stopped playing my round to fish freshly thrown discs out and/or to walk to the road to meet up. I have fun finding them and enjoy getting them back to many of the cool people that PREVIOUSLY owned them. Is it a karma thing? not really dude. Just a nice thing to do some times. I'll also mention that I have never had one of my own discs returned to me. Doesn't mean that I quit putting my number on my discs or start whining on a public forum about them. I'll also say, that I have returned discs to many people who didn't deserve my time and effort. People that act like it was my responsibility to get their discs back to them. People that tell me they'll do this or that to meet up and get the disc and never show or constantly change the plan. People that go on and on over the phone about how someone else didn't do this or that with their other disc they lost. Makes a person not so keen to help real fast. Being from out of state, if you didn't offer to send him a return box to his house or whatever, then you don't deserve to get the disc back either. Finding a disc on a course and returning it is NOT about doing the right thing or not. It's simply being extra nice if it happens.

So, to answer your question. I would stfu and move on. lol

Last edited:
SonicGuy, how exactly do you have 3.5 kids? Does this mean your wife/girl is preggo or something? I'm so confused...