• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What would you pay for used baskets pulled from a course?

SteezeOG

Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi
Was out practice putting with a friend while I get over this long cold at Jones Park. He said some of the DD guys had taken the old baskets from Jones West and put all 36 of the baskets used for the ball golf temp courses at the GBO on the 36 pin spots at Jones West. Awesome right? World's courses will have some sweet nearly new baskets. What about those 18 discraft baskets though? They still got life right? That's what I hope to find out. What is being done with those and if I can maybe purchase one at a nice used price.

So I'm curious what's fair for a $400+ when new basket that has been out there over a decade and is worn? Maybe they're spoken for and are going to another course or are already disposed of I don't know but if someone like DD posted they had 18 of these for sale at $50 plus shipping or like $80 fedex ground to your house you'd buy at least one right? :\

if it were me personally i probably wouldn't want to pay any more than like $100 local pickup. you'd have to rig some kind of base unless you're gonna permanently install it in your yard, which will have extra cost involved either way.

if it were me i'd use the old baskets for a new course going in, but that's just me.

Id definitely pay 50 to pick up local and I wouldn't think a hundred would be unreasonable as long as there were in decent shape. It wouldn't cost much it cement it in, it would just be a little annoying mowing around it, but no more than a tree.

If they are discraft Chainstars, they're probably built to last. I'd say $150-$200 is fair for a pick up price. But I haven't seen these in person. For $50 each I'd buy all 18.

Auction last year for old beat up Machs with no poles, and I expected to pay about 80 a piece - I don't remember exactly, but they auctioned for like $150 a piece...NO POLES!!! There were several of us at the auction wanting some, but this took all of them (15 I think) for that price!
That was WAY too much!

Sean - I wondering if they are just temporarily using the new Muni and CC targets and will still keep using the older ones when needed.

But to answer the OP, they are worth $150 at least (IMO), but I would probabaly only pay $100 if it were me (married with children)

If you do ask about them, see if they have some temporary bases or permanent pole anchors

looks like the answer is 100 in a heartbeat....150 and might take a while to sell them all!

yes i would do it for 125 if local pickup.....rust would only take a few minutes to remove.

Sean - I wondering if they are just temporarily using the new Muni and CC targets and will still keep using the older ones when needed.

But to answer the OP, they are worth $150 at least (IMO), but I would probabaly only pay $100 if it were me (married with children)

I thought so too but my buddy Jim was told they were running into problems storing those 36 baskets they used on the temp courses so they used them to replace these and the disc catchers on the east course will be replaced sometime next year. So I'm thinking 18 of these will be staying there for good. I guess new temp baskets will be used for the temp courses come world's.

To answer some of the other questions yes they are the chainstars and not too worn. You can obviously tell they are used and some have chains needing a little work but they're basically lifetime baskets with half their life still to go. I'd love to see two new nine hole courses in town but I think that's reaching. If I can get one in my backyard for practice and nostaglia though I'm game. Seems most of you thought like I did on price. Anything under $100 is fair.

the older chainstars are awesome. the newer ones are thinner metal and feel cheaper. I'd buy a used old one.

I paid $100 for a really old mach 3 (like 20+ years old, in OK condition) -- and I wish I'd gotten more at that price. Under $150 is a good deal.

Just looked back, and the OLD broken down Machs with no poles from Arboretum-Spiker auctioned off for $140 a piece. Personally, I would never pay that much, but the auction went that high, so more than one person was willing to pay that much!

Just looked back, and the OLD broken down Machs with no poles from Arboretum-Spiker auctioned off for $140 a piece. Personally, I would never pay that much, but the auction went that high, so more than one person was willing to pay that much!

That's ALOT!

You aren't kidding birdman! I went thinking I would spend 75-80, but when I saw they had no poles, I thought 50-60. There were about 5 of us bidding on them, and I talked to several of the other guys. No one ever thought they would go that high!

That is very high for having no poles. These are certainly well used but most all are no graffiti, intact chains, and no rust. I might stop at DD on my way to play and inquire about these.