• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] What X is it??

Wheat

Bogey Member
One of my KC pro Roc's is not stamped with the "Ken Climo ..x PDGA World Disc Golf Champion" saying on the bottom, and because of that I have no idea of what time roc it is. I am probably the only person in the world that doesn't know the answer, but I'm curious...any help would be much appreciated.

I've thrown a few buzz's and they didn't strike my fancy, however, my roc's have never let me down.

I also have a KC Pro Roc like this. I bought it new a year ago from Play-It-Again but have no clue what "time" it is.

I have both a Roc and a Buzzz. The former I got at an Ice Bowl last year, and the latter I got at an Ice Bowl this year. In my limited experience with both, I've found the Roc to be extremely versatile, and the Buzzz to be extremely straight.

I get the impression that, while every Roc mold is slightly different, they're all a bit overstable but very controllable, especially as they "beat in". So unless you're trying to identify whether it's a collector's item, identifying the exact run of KC Pro Roc might not make much difference.

Climo won # 11 in 1992. He won # 12 in 1996. Somewhere in-between Innova must have figured Climo was done winning World Champoinships and they released some KC Rocs that did not have any "(insert # here) Time PDGA World Disc Golf Champion" on the stamp. They are commonly called "Zero X" KC Rocs. They were released in '05-'06 and chronologically fall between the 11 X and 12 X.

Thank you three putt, I knew you would know.

and no thanks shazaun.

The KC Roc identification is going to get sketchy, as they are now doing custom stamps on the KC Rocs. What you have is going to get harder to identify if it has a custom stamp.

BTW, I picked up a KC Roc this weekend with a full color custom stamp. It was very flat on top like a Ching Roc in the KC Pro plastic. I have not had a chance to throw it yet, but I'm figuring KC Roc + Ching Roc = $$$. Anybody looking for an extra stable Roc might want to keep an eye out for one.

Once you are as old as I am, all the years run together. It should have been 2002 and 2006, since in the 90's it was just Climo-Climo-Climo-Climo-Climo-Climo-Climo-Climo-Climo-Russell. That's fun...you don't even have to look it up.

I didn't even catch the typo, just skimmed right over it and my mind read it like it was 2002 and 2006. ha