• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Whats in your bag 2007

I've been playing for a year now as well and through tips on here and working hard in the field I've improved my game by dropping all of those high speed discs and sticking with my teebirds and slower, exception of a dx valk for wide open D. Been noticing a lot better accuracy, throw the shortest disc you can and your D will improve right along with your accuracy.

diskgopher said:
I love this website. I always learn a lot reading it. I should lurk less and post more.

lurk.gif

Finally I have a reason to use this smilie

It's always nice to see what others are throwing, it gives you ideas for discs that you normally wouldn't try.

bucknuts said:
1 fairly new Star Beast for straight or curve S shots
1 seasoned X-XS for longer turnover/thumber shots
1 seasoned X-XL for fairway/roller/tommy shots
1 fairly new Z Flick 150 class for utility/forehand/tommy shots

1 new X Stratus for mid/fairway right shots
1 new Crystal Buzz for mid over stable shots
1 seasoned Z Buzz for mid/flick over stable shots
1 fairly new X Buzz for straight shots

3 Banger GTs (beat in, seasoned, new)

Thanks...

maybe beat up a d buzzz for your annies... i think that stratus is gonna be too fast/glidey for a lot of stuff... however, a beat banger gt would dot he trick too probably. id suggest maybe dropping that beast for something discraft makes thats similar (wildcat maybe)... lowering the different types of plastic will give you a more consistent shot as well as lowering the number of molds. not too important, but your bag looks good as-is so i thought id mention it.

My bag has changed quite a bit in the past month. I have discovered the rogue and rediscovered the Avenger

174g Z-Predator (Headwinds...overstable pig)
172g ESP Surge (Moderate headwinds where I need a little more distance)
171g Pro Rogue (Straight up bombs)
172g FLX Avenger (Overstable Primary driver)
173g X-Avenger (Straight Primary driver)
172g ESP Avenger SS (Understable Primary driver)
171g X-Tracker (This is my long buzzz...kind of like what the leopard is to most roc throwers)
171g X-Xpress (Roller)

172g Z-Xtreme (Spike Hyzers and Thumbers)
176g Z-Wasp (Moderate Headwinds)
177g Z-Wasp (Straight with a left fade)
177g D-Buzzz (I carry two of these...Dead nuts straight and Anhyzer all the way)

172g Cam Todd Challenger (I carry two of these...all putting)

Haven't posted mine in a while.

SS Wizard (broken in)
S Wizard
M Glow wizard (beat)

Bottom Stamp Roc (beat)
BS Roc x2 (broken in)
BS Roc (new)

Champ Sidewinder (BEAT)
Star Leopard (170 broken in)
Star Leopard (175 new)

Champ Teebird (broken in)
Champ Teebird (new)

Pro Wraith (beat)
Pro Wraith (broken in)
Pro Wraith (new)

Champ Firebird (new)

171g SS Wizard - Main putter / straight to hyzer approach disc
165g dx Aviar - jump putts, long putts, very versatile approach disc

161g dx Roc - finesse approach / turnover driver
172g dx Roc - long approaches / straight off the tee

171g z XL - the best premium plastic fairway driver ever made / roller / control thumbers

168g SOLS - bombs / turnovers / distance roller
175g SOLS - same with more stability
174g SOLF - beat to hell super controllable D
175g SOLF - I think it actually weighs a lot more...bombs in the wind

169g z Predator - overstable mid / tumbers / spikes / hyzers / wind disc

On windy days Ill add a max weight wizard and a newish 176g kc pro roc. I really think Im gonna like this setup. It has been very consistant lately.

After playing on some other courses not in Springfield... I have decided on the following....

In a GBDS Squirrel Monkey w/ Quads, two water bottles, two towels, Golden Retriever, GDS Small Zipper bag, Club Stamped Mini and my Club Bag Tag...

168g Tsunami
171g DX Wraith
150g DX Wraith
3 x 17* [ish]g DX Gazelles in staggered stages of wear
168g X Xpress - BEAT to Death
2 x 177g DX Rancho Rocs - Beat and Seasoned
172g DX Classic Roc -Putt and Approach

Utility Discs:
150g Z Flick
164g Champion Roadrunner

Avengers out - OLF in
Bag currently

2 Z preds 167and 174
SOLF 172
3 MOLF 166 working on beating two of these bad boys in
1 OLS 171 working on beating this in as well
3 dx gazelles around 171 (gazelles are too sweet I feel like i have control of the entire flight, big hyzer, anny the whole way, hyzerflip flat, hyzerflp late turn)

the OLF's fly so sweet, they seem to fly like a new dx teebird but faster. I can't wait to see how straight they will be after getting beat in a bit. The OLS is a little to stable out of the box for a turnover/roller/anny disc for me but I'm hoping that it will get beat in sooner or later. Untill that point I think i'm going to carry my old supa beat x avenger for that slot

4 rocs:
180 glow roc from 1988 that probably weighs 5 grams less or so now
new 177 ontario roc
newish 175 dx roc
180g super roc

3 wizards:
1 sorta broken in 175 S for driving (might replace with new 175 medium)
1 turbo beat 175 SS for touch up shots and turnovers and such
1 chalky firm 167 for putts

I'm sortof having a love hate relationship with the ontarios I just got. They have a really sweet flight but sometimes I have grip issues with them for some reason. Additionally, I can throw my regular old dx rocs farther. I do like the fact that ontario rocs sorta fly like a roc with a seasons use on it, i'm looking forward to seeing how long it takes them to be turnover discs.

I'm sortof having a love hate relationship with the ontarios I just got. They have a really sweet flight but sometimes I have grip issues with them for some reason. Additionally, I can throw my regular old dx rocs farther. I do like the fact that ontario rocs sorta fly like a roc with a seasons use on it, i'm looking forward to seeing how long it takes them to be turnover discs.
My ontarios fly much farther than the ranchos I have. WAY more glide try beating the crap out of them and hyzer flipping them. They do make a great turnover disc when seasoned. I have three in my bag at different stages of wear.

174 ProD Banger
174 ProD Banger

174 KC Pro Roc
170 KC Pro Roc
177 dx Viper

171 Pro Firebird (FL)
161 dx Firebird
170 dx Firebird
170 Star Firebird

172 Pro Wraith
175 Pro Wraith
172 Star Wraith

ZAMson, How does the EXP compare to the Firebird as a thumber?

ZAMson said:
Fritz said:

You should see my thumber before you ask me that :) Ok... but I do play with people who are good.

I really don't know... I have minimum thumber distance, so I only throw barrel-roll thumber approaches, and I've had Firebirds and EXPs for that.

EXP is very Banshee-ish, same top, lower-profile bottom... so I'd put EXP between Banshee and Firebird on the thumber scale.

We have a Team pro, Mike Olse, who throws the hell out of some thumbers, and he's all EXP. Lots of two-fingers too, and that's all EXP.

Biggest thing might be the plastic... a regular Pro-plastic EXP might be kinda meh next to a Champ Firebird, but a CE-plastic EXP will rock.

I use a Star Firebird for my thumber. It's pretty sick. Once it hits, it slams and stays, I was considering getting a SEXP to try as a thumber.
I gotta start playing more Millennium so I can go for a sponsorship when I got pro :p
That and I want to make love to my SOLF and I'm assuming I'll do a threeway with the MOLF when I get my hands on one :lol:

Fritz said:
ZAMson said:
Fritz said:

You should see my thumber before you ask me that :) Ok... but I do play with people who are good.

I really don't know... I have minimum thumber distance, so I only throw barrel-roll thumber approaches, and I've had Firebirds and EXPs for that.

EXP is very Banshee-ish, same top, lower-profile bottom... so I'd put EXP between Banshee and Firebird on the thumber scale.

We have a Team pro, Mike Olse, who throws the hell out of some thumbers, and he's all EXP. Lots of two-fingers too, and that's all EXP.

Biggest thing might be the plastic... a regular Pro-plastic EXP might be kinda meh next to a Champ Firebird, but a CE-plastic EXP will rock.

I use a Star Firebird for my thumber. It's pretty sick. Once it hits, it slams and stays, I was considering getting a SEXP to try as a thumber.
I gotta start playing more Millennium so I can go for a sponsorship when I got pro :p
That and I want to make love to my SOLF and I'm assuming I'll do a threeway with the MOLF when I get my hands on one :lol:

ok. now its gone to far.

ZAMson said:
Fritz said:

Maybe we can get your restraining order on our letterhead..

ROFLMAO!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

are the SEXP ready for purchase yet?
OR should I get a Millennium EXP1 to try out?