• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's in your "to-dye" list for dyeing?

BennettUA

Lefty Activist
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I'm finding time to get back to dyeing again(hopefully...), and have lots in the pipeline.
Got a few Beatles discs to do -- another Abbey Road, and some of the Fab Four.
Also gonna do the Bengals logo on an orange Starfire for a Cincy buddy.
Bob Marley on a disc I just dyed red, yellow, and green.
I really wanna do some Simpsons discs -- I have some ideas for Homer and Mr. Burns.
Gotta do another Thin Lizzy disc, my brother threw my first dye over a fence into the Lost World. I think this one will be a mask of the logo in white, and the rest of the disc black.
I gotta do a "trainwreck" disc for another bud, but I don't know where to begin with that.
Headless horseman too.
And I can't stop laughing anytime I look at the "panda with pistols" stencil. HAHA!!
Last one in my list is a Clash disc, can't decide if I want to do an album cover, or just Joe Strummer, or the whole band, but that's a lot of hair and clothes detail to cut by hand.

Sooooooooo -------- what's on YOUR to-dye list? I heard Indiana Jones, lots of Star Wars, Dead, etc -- list 'em up!

I know some have been done by others, but I'm planning:
Venom on my Venom (if anyone has some good source of Venom's head, let me know. been having trouble finding a good image)
Mario 1up mushroom (on my white meteor - have to check how beat it is first). Gotta show some 8bit love.
Captain America shield on an Avenger
This on a Reaper for my buddy:
o106dg.jpg

Not sure which disc yet for this one, maybe a buzz:
2z59i7b.jpg

been thinking about these 2 for awhile. the girl would go good with Madame Diablo.

Attachments

• bonded2.jpg
    bonded2.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 63
  • bonspeedboys_fanshaw_roth_art.jpg
    bonspeedboys_fanshaw_roth_art.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 49
- A Volkswagen logo for my father in law, and a VW Rabbit for my brother in law. (They're fanatics).

- The One Ring inscription on a star or champ Roc. (See the Roc thread for why)

- A Buffalo Sabres logo on a clear evo Sabre. (I did one on regular evo last year, and it looked hot for a few weeks until the edges blurred badly. Maybe the clear will hold dye better.)

-Southern Tier Pumking on an orange disc. (Best fall beer EVAR).

Greenman and Wildcard from the Sunny in Phili show. Wildcard on a roller disc, not sure what to put Greenman on yet.

Taking on the task of DG Cowboys Hot Rod would give me nightmares or keep me up two days straight!

I need to dye my own discs... I have an orange apache and have no idea what to put on it... so far my best ideas are an Apache Helicopter or a stencil of Geronimo... was tecumsah apache?

this one is for the trees...."I want the gold"

Attachments

• industrial-backhoe_~u10690994.jpg
    industrial-backhoe_~u10690994.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 29
I have a long list of discs that I want to dye.

Sonic the Hedgehog on my blue Surge SS
Vader on either my white surge or aviar
A pack of zig zags
Caterpillar from Alice and Wonderland
Felix the Cat for my buddy whose last name is Felix
Hannibal Ector
Scarface
Johnny Chimpo from Super Troopers
The Chicago Cubs logo for myself and a Sox logo for my brother
some opitcal illustions that I think would be cool placed on a round object (in this case a disc)

I have an alice in wonderland and a wizard of oz series that I have been waiting to do... probably going to be a putter, mid, fairway, long range set