• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Whats the best job for a Disc Golfer

Im a food processer for a ice cream factory go in at 6 off at 230, the hours are sweet and weekends and holidays off. Plus your get used to waking up early and makes going to early tourneys easier.

I work as a coffee roaster/delivery driver of said coffee & my hours are nearly the same.(6:30 - 3:30) Weekends & Holidays off. Very conducive for disc golf during the week & early rounds on the weekends. Free coffee is a plus also.

Win tournaments. Then don't work at all, just pay your bills with your sponsoships $ and your winnings. Or sell drugs. Or claim you're crazy and collect social security. Rob banks. Produce counterfeit money. Gamble. Become a real estate tycoon and hire employees to do your work.

I work at a map making company which is REALLY laid back. Just so long as I get my 40 hours in a week they are happy. So I try to get in by 7, and out by 330. All afternoon to hit the courses.

What I do.... Carpenter. I do hammer pound drills all day long.

good point, jobs that can get you in shape would be good for disc golf no matter what the hours.

i work facilities maintenance at a bus company and occasionally have to lay pavers (which are a B!***) but if that was my full time job i'd be ripping discs a mile.

I got to play a lot when I was serving tables/bartending. The schedules are fairly flexible so you can easily get in a round or two before/after your shift. And, on those days when you just really want to throw but you have to work, there's almost always somebody looking to pick up a shift.

But, I would have to imagine that some sort of traveling sales job would be the ultimate DG career (aside from being a touring Pro of course). Somewhat flexible schedule, paid travel, and the opportunity to play courses around the country/world? Yeah, sign me up.

I think this guy wins the best job for a disc golfer....Have you made any films on a course yet, lol?!? That would be one way to get the sport out there jk

You mean you haven't seen "Bang the Chains" or "Grip It and Rip It?"

thought id update yall, im going to be delivering pizzas in the downtown san jose area next week :D i figure thats pretty conducive to throwing frisbees.

actually pizza my heart has their own disc. no joke.

You gotta work the night shift doing pizza delivery, Most money. Late night drunks are always good tippers. Your day is free for disc. The problem is going to bed 1/2 hours after work. If the pizza place closes late, midnight- 2:00.

Best job is to be the stay at home dad with no kids, marry a chick who is a workaholic who has daddy issues. Treat her like crap and golf all you want. Dont forget to order all the plastic on her credit cards.:hfive:

Latest posts