• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's the best part of your game?

I'd say three things. Good max D, as fluent in FH as I am BH for the most part, and I've got a very long putting range. I can putt from a standstill to around 60-70', and jump putt well past that....and make some of those too :)

What game? :(
I guess the best part of my game is mental. I don't let bad shots get to me.

For some folks, the best part of their game is scorekeeping...creative scorekeeping. :D

Hmmm ... I think I'm above average in all aspects of my game, both mental and physical. Pretty much any RH shot there is, I can do ... other than chickenwings.

... and while I'm above average with everything, I am by no means excellent at anything. Biggest next steps for me would to gain consistency by playing as often as possible compared to 1-2 rounds a week, and overhauling my BH technique which would easily give me 50'+ of controlled distance.

Putting from just outside the circle. From 10m-45ft I am solid. Other than that I can throw pretty far. I'd say the weakest part of my game is upshots from about 150 feet away.

Im a jack of all trades, master of nothing. Mental is my most glaring weak spot since I don't play many official tournaments.

I throw putters and mids well, for approach shots and for drives. Putting is definitely the weak spot in my game.

Normally I find my strength is to throw all the lines both FH and BH out to normal to longish distances.

When I have had great tournaments my strength has been clearly mental game which to me encompasses two things: using those variety of lines mentioned above to minimize mistakes but be aggressive when possible..... and to stay focused on each shot in a pragmatic, positive, results driven way.
My exact score as I go always escapes my mind in these rounds as it seems to get clouded out by a relaxed aloof focus and confidence. It really is a great feeling; hard to force but at the same time it can build it's own momentum in tourneys once I've got it going.

Right handed I'd say approaching because of the variety of throwing styles I've taken the time to learn. Now when I throw left-handed approaching is the worst part of my game. Something about powering down lefty leaves me lacking control. Putting is my best attribute throwing lefty. Might even be better than my right inside the circle.

Having the best drive with the worst score on a hole.

I've been working on my backhand for drives and approaches and definitely feel like it's taken my game to the next level. I was a FH thrower, almost exclusively, for about 9.5 years! So having a diverse lineup of throwing techniques is my strong point right now.

Having the best drive with the worst score on a hole.
From another thread...
Lol. I played second tourney as a pro last weekend. Doing well, not great, but on a roll, 6 holes left, got a good shot at cash if I finish strong, throw my Tresspass 15 ft short on a 390 ft tailwind shot. Wind picks up as I get down there and I air ball the putt in a crossing tailwind sending it down a step drop, headwind tosses my uphill comebacker because I'm frazzled by the first miss and leaves me with a 30 footer which of course I miss and I four putt to take a 5. First four putt maybe in my tourney history for me. Welcome to the pros kid :( ;)
:\

I played second tourney as a pro last weekend. Doing well, not great, but on a roll, 6 holes left, got a good shot at cash if I finish strong, throw my Tresspass 15 ft short on a 390 ft tailwind shot. Wind picks up as I get down there and I air ball the putt in a crossing tailwind sending it down a step drop, headwind tosses my uphill comebacker because I'm frazzled by the first miss and leaves me with a 30 footer which of course I miss and I four putt to take a 5. First four putt maybe in my tourney history for me. Welcome to the pros kid

A huge difference between a pro & an amateur is knowing when to layup. I heard a top pro say this once (can't remember who) & I find it to be very true. I'm not saying your a bad player I'm just saying maybe you should learn when its better to just layup instead of going for it. I know laying up has saved me a lot of strokes especially on "death putts"

I hear you but it was 15 ft and just a bad putt. I would never lay it up even in a 25 mph tailwind. At worst you have to hit metal at that distance. The next three shots were just bad mental game. I can usually handle fierce winds to at least two putt but after a big mental error I wasn't able to re-focus to recognize the combination of headwind, uphill and nerves. I wouldn't lay that up but if I was in a better headspace I would have been sure to miss low.

Either way it happens and I'm happy to learn from mistakes.

welp, i had the opportunity to test my mental fortitude today and i suppose i'd list that as another strength.

played my first ever league today, really small, but still. anyway, bought in at intermediate and bought in for CTP for 3 different holes. took a freakin' SIX on a par 4 (and i could have easily gotten par), then proceeded to win CTP on the next hole, deuce it and the next 2 for birdie. i was SUPER nervous on every single one of my putts, even from less than 10 feet out, but once i heard one of the guys on my card typically finishes top 3, my competitive nature started to just drive my performance and i wound up winning the intermediate category. it was awesome.

except on putts, anyway.

it was super small potatoes, but a big deal for me. :thmbup:

My ability throw accurately from 200' up to about 375' is probably my best skill (past 375' it becomes a distance drive where I begin to lose accuracy). So I guess I can call this driving I feel like no matter what shot shape is required under 350' I should put inside the circle with a great deal of consistency.

Latest posts