• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Whats the joke with this shirt

_.-Dut-._

Double Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
Ive seen this shirt, I dont get it. Did I throw the UFO? Is the UFO and my frisbee both a disc so its funny? Im totally at a loss to what this shirt implies or what is funny about it.

picture.php

Idk if its meant to be funny. I think its just somebody being creative relating disc golf with UFO's.

It's from X Files...UFO looks like a disc...photoshop in a guy and a basket...badaboom. Not supposed to be "funny", but instead a nerd-homage to disc golf as well as X Files. Pretty straightforward.

Lived in a communal house[the "Ponderosa"---philosophy majors who "ponder"] with some Reedies[Reed College trustifarians] who were X-File nerds. They had no domestic, social or work skills, and as far as I could tell, no understanding of the world around them.

Lived in a communal house[the "Ponderosa"---philosophy majors who "ponder"] with some Reedies[Reed College trustifarians] who were X-File nerds

What a bizarrely specific characterization of a group of people

Remember---"philosophy" majors. They were specifically bizarre characters. Although it was more an indictment of Reedies than X-Filers.

Yeah I believe it. I just got a kick out of the way you said it. Sounds like a very strange crew.

If you have netflix and aren't watching all 9 seasons of x-files, then you are wasting your money. Don't be scared, you can watch it and still have friends.

If that's more than a 60' putt, then me believing i'm going to can it would be almost the same as me believing in UFO's.

BTW, I didn't say if I believed in UFO's or not! ;)

If you have netflix and aren't watching all 9 seasons of x-files, then you are wasting your money. Don't be scared, you can watch it and still have friends.

Not to mention they're halfway through a six episode season ten airing Monday nights on Fox...

The third episode of X-Files was not very good Monday night. The show used the exact same forest scene from the first episode. Talk about a low budget (Kinks reference). The highlight of the 3rd show was when Skully was getting a little aroused.

I want to believe that my putt will and can go in ! I think it's cool/funny I don't see what's not to get.
I take it as, He's putting a UFO, something that only SOME people believe in. Also a putt is always shakey for all DGers, and we 'WANT TO BELIEVE' that the putt will go in. Also not everybody knows about disc golf, kinda like not many people know about UFOs

I want to believe that quality putts are out there somewhere. Unfortunately good putts are only something of legend, only something I have seen in grainy videos where I am left wondering if it is a hoax of video editing or not.

Latest posts