• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Whats the next evolution of the game?

eday1022

Par Member
We have had the "Pole Hole" Basket, evolution of Disc technology, major tournament series (PDGA), and most recently the Backpack bag My question is what do You think will be the next big thing with the sport, rather equipment or part of the game its self?

I think there will be more pay to play courses and ball golf courses adding baskets to take advantage of the growth of the game.

Hoverdiscs. Obstacle-avoidance programming. Sapience-detecting airbags. Crossbow retrievers. Disc conversion kits. Instant disc golf courses.

Hey, you asked. I have a fertile/fermented mind...

I was thinking the same thing, Keen and Vibram have both made slight pushes to take over the market. Would love to see a shoe that would last a good while.

Hasn't Keen already discontinued there Disc Golf shoe?

Hopefully it's some sort of high quality video!

Hasn't Keen already discontinued there Disc Golf shoe?

Hopefully it's some sort of high quality video!

Yes they did. It did not hold up well at all. A good disc golf shoe design will not only be about the rubber on the bottom...

A boom in scholastic competitions.

Collegiate disc golf is small but growing quite rapidly now. High schools to come, as a club-level sport.

And youth leagues.

Defense...

you said putting was to easy well in the future, you're opponents can block anything inside of 30'

Technology: My home course is working on adding QR Codes to all the Tee Pads which connect the player to a map of the hole with tons of information about distances from all sorts of locations on the hole.

discs with a small GPS chip would be awesome. could track a lost disc and show exact distances of throw. would integrate with phone. I envision it kind of like the running shoes you can plug in after your run to load data.

Television broadcasting of the sport more widely is soon to come in my opinion. The PDGA got that deal with Beach Sports Network, there is a small broadcaster here in Columbus that shows it, the next step would be regional fox sports picking it up.

Television broadcasting of the sport more widely is soon to come in my opinion. The PDGA got that deal with Beach Sports Network, there is a small broadcaster here in Columbus that shows it, the next step would be regional fox sports picking it up.

The spin tv is a good step into that direction. I have a feeling they are testing the waters of youtube viewers before trying to step up and supply full broadcasting for a major tournament.

Defense...

you said putting was to easy well in the future, you're opponents can block anything inside of 30'

I'm still campaigning for the exciting "defense with a disc" version, where you can play defense but only by throwing a disc at your opponent's disc, ground-to-air-missile style.

I'm still campaigning for the exciting "defense with a disc" version, where you can play defense but only by throwing a disc at your opponent's disc, ground-to-air-missile style.

This. And you get stroked if you're standing closer to the basket than the thrower.