• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's with disc golfers and fancy zipper pulls?

And with only 20 posts, tombrinkman, you could use a dash of style. I suggest you get some zipper pulls. :D :p

Point taken :D I actually have a Grip A-Series sitting under the xmas tree. We're putting paracord in the all the grand kids' stockings and putting them to work -- I should have a new set of zipper pulls before New Years ;) If you can't beat, join em.

It's just expression of individual style with a dash of added functionality.

:thmbup:

With a lot of all Black and Black/Gray bags out on the courses it is good to add a little bag swag and personalize your bag to your own tastes. My all Black Grip (L) was a little boring and needed some color to liven it up. Some colorful zipper pulls and bag tags have done just that for me.

Also nice during Glow rounds to be able to locate the pockets. I bought some zipper pulls with the glow-in-the-dark ends on them so I can easily locate and access my zipper pockets in the dark.

^^ I thought you were schizo until I realized there's a Golden Thrower, and Golden Tuna.

there will be A LOT MORE all black and black and grays after the fire sale. i highly suggest pulls so you dont grab the wrong bag.

Never seen the birdie beads before. I'm guessing the beads are a tight fit on the cord and you slide a bead away from the group to keep track of birdies. Seems simple.

^ Right. Generally they have two sets of different colored beads. One side for birdies, one side for bogeys.

The last time I saw this must interest in zipper pulls, it was from my 10-year-old granddaughter and her friends during summer camp ;) But in all seriousness, is there a practical reason for all this paracord and lanyard?

idk if you ae new to DG or not, but much like the 80s (& early 90s) "extreme" sports scene....disc golfers love to individualize and colorize their gear. one of my favorite things about our grand community.

If you ain't carrying a bag full of custom dyed discs, a chartreuse shirt, and bag pulls, I don't think you're playing the right game.

I'm waiting for my 4 year old to bedazzle one of my grip bags.

A friend of mine likes to poke fun at my paracord zipper pulls, then I just mention all the hundreds of dollars he has spent customizing his 4wd truck with nothing but aesthetic frills (no function, just frills)... Shuts him up pretty quick.

As for people judging me by what I have or don't have on or in my bag, or people saying zipper pulls are or look "stupid".... How's that saying go?... "Those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind."

If you ain't carrying a bag full of custom dyed discs, a chartreuse shirt, and bag pulls, I don't think you're playing the right game.

does it count if I am wearing neon green or orange too?

Do you rock it?

hell ya dude i rock them. and my shirts are collared too. i do need to pick up a bright yellow collared one tho. now if Grip would just do an 80s theme bag I'd be in heaven.

hell ya dude i rock them. and my shirts are collared too. i do need to pick up a bright yellow collared one tho. now if Grip would just do an 80s theme bag I'd be in heaven.

My backpack is neon orange and grey, and is patterned in 8-bit styling. You're totes jealous.

Necessity and functionality are not synonymous terms. Just because you set your bag down doesn't mean you don't also keep the bag on. If a tee is backed up or there's a long walk between holes, then the bag stays on my back for stretches. Also, I'm assuming you don't set your bag down when you walk to every other player's lie. If you out-drive the group, you've got 3 other players to wait for to take their second shot.

And I'm sure your Sesame Street skills of counting are so revered locally that they stopped requiring you to use score cards in tournaments. But for most of us, we still use cards or phone apps or birdie beads during casual rounds because it's one less thing to worry about and we can just play. But you keep counting on your fingers every other tee to make sure you didn't lose your place; I won't hold it against you. :hfive:

I guess I just don't need the stuff I carry around as much as others. I might grab a granola bar once/round max, but I'm not constantly digging in my bag for anything. And, if I do want something, like a granola bar, I just wait until the next time I do need to set the bag down. My discs, water & phone /scorecard are all I need to be accessible on a regular basis, which can all be grabbed from my Flak3 while it is still on my back.
Sadly, I'm better known for the my pristine scorecards than any other part of my game. Anyway, since I have a scorecard app on my phone or write on one in tournaments, I have no need for the birdie beads

If you inspect you're Flak3 closely, you'll see that attached to the zipper mechanism, is a metal tab, which allows you to pull your zipper shut, or open, as you wish. Grip bags have a cord loop instead of the said metal tab. DD Rangers have a 3" long piece of webbing, doubled over around the metal tab.
The usefulness of having something to grasp, greatly assists in the operation of a zipper. Much like having a handle on a knife, it makes using it, much less awkward.

I'm waiting for my 4 year old to bedazzle one of my grip bags.
Send it my way, and I'll bedazzle the $#!+ out of it. Then you can strategically dazzle your competitors.

Latest posts