• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's your "bread and butter" disc?

rhinos00

Par Member
Pardon me if this question had been asked a billion times, but I'm sorta new here and am interested to see which discs people consider their "bread and butter" disc.

By "bread and butter" I mean the disc you absolutely look forward to throwing every time you're on the course. It's the disc you know like the back of your hand and the disc that you would possibly cry over if you lost it.

For me, my bread and butter discs, are my beat to crap 175 SS Wizard and my 176g Nebula. Do I care if I have a ****ty drive? Hell no because I get to use either of these two discs and know that I can get it pretty close to the pin on the next shot.

my two Kc Pro gazelles. lovvee them i'll drive, approach, and, fairway with these things. if i was playing a 1 disc tourney i'd take one of them. hands down.

gotta go with the 'pothbird.

picture.php

perfectly slow-seasoned 175g 11x champ teebird. thrown about half of my drives.

my two Kc Pro gazelles. lovvee them i'll drive, approach, and, fairway with these things. if i was playing a 1 disc tourney i'd take one of them. hands down.

Sort of how I feel about the Wizard except that I know I can't drive my Wizard worth crap (really gonna have to work on this).

When I go to play, I look forward to throwing the Nukes, Z and ESP. But the disc that I really rely on these days is the FLX Drone. I didn't think the Drone would become this important... but it did. I smashed the chains on a 35' flick-putt with it today.

Sorry - couldn't add the pic with an edit.

The pink Challenger - that's my baby (and my workhorse). Pic's about a year old - seen a lot of action since then.

Attachments

• putters.jpg
    putters.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 69
you guys who are talking about their putters as their "go-tu" discs dont understand the concept of a "go-tu" disc.

inconceivable_means_02.jpg

you guys who are talking about their putters as their "go-tu" discs dont understand the concept of a "go-tu" disc.

I think I understand the intent. My Challenger is my 2nd shot most of the time - unless my drive has me putting for birdie, my 2nd shot's gonna be with my Challenger. I don't putt with it, and my bread would be butterless without it.

I disagree. My wizards get thrown for probably half of my drives, most of my approaches, and all of my putts. If I had to play with just one disc, I'd pick a wizard every time. To me, that makes it my go to disc.

actually, i'd have to say my beat in DX teebird (currently), i know thats a pretty common one.

yep^, although, I have a feeling that my champ teebird that is coming in the mail will replace my beat dx one as the disc I look forward to throwing. Is it weird that I already have a plan for its virgin flight with a bunch of witnesses?

Worn champ orc, fuschia pink, cigarette burn on the underside, and I wouldn't change a thing. Traded for it best trade ever because not I would easily trade 3 disc if I lost it. It has never left my bag, other have come and gone but this one shall stay.

I disagree. My wizards get thrown for probably half of my drives, most of my approaches, and all of my putts. If I had to play with just one disc, I'd pick a wizard every time. To me, that makes it my go to disc.
:thmbup:
I love my wizards to but i'd say my go to disc would be the buzzz.

Latest posts