• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] What's your favorite plastic for a Buzzz?

pjizel69

I currently have an Elite Z Buzzz and am loving it. I am tempted to try out either an ESP or FLX Buzzz to see if I like it more. What is everyones favorite plastic for the Buzzz?

Probably ESP. I still need to get one in CryZtal and an X one to know definitively which I prefer.

Toss up between the Z and ESP FLX. Depends on the situation. In the woods where I need not a huge deflection of a tree the flx is great cause it hits and drops for the most part. Wide open or for more shear power I use the Z. Both are great though which is why I carry both in my bag and have a back up for both.:)

I use a white 174 flx and a blue ~173 cryztal. I can really dig in on the flx with a power grip and get some distance. The cryztal is super dependable. If I had to pick one...flx. I also have a ESP and z and have had x and d. If you get z make sure it has a flat top.

i've thrown all of them and they're great for different things

elite z is my favorite for windier conditions

esp is my favorite for turnovers and hyzer flips

Like my ESP Buzzz. Never thrown a Cryztal Buzzz, but I have a Cryztal Challenger - don't think I'd like my Buzzz quite as much in that plastic.

I throw the Z for strait shots and the ESP for gentle anny shots.

If I could grab only one, it would be the Z.

THREAD JACK

Please also include your favorite weight as well. I'm in the market for another Buzzz, and I'm curious what everyone's throwing.

I have an ESP, 173g, but I've never thrown it in a different kind of plastic. The ESP is sweet though.

Mine is in X plastic. Cheaper, grippiest version.

If I get real attached to it I might get it in FLX for durability. I am so far not a huge fan of the Z plastic but got a Flick comming for that to give it more of a try

i had an x buzzz but i knocked a tree pretty good with it and it got a little deformed, i then got a cryztal buzzz(173-178) and have so far really liked it. is there a difference in flight for the plastics? i've heard in innova plastic the champion was more stable then the other plastics and i was wondering if it was similiar for discrafts plastics

173-179 CryZtal buzzz is my go to midrange for straight or anny shots. I have a really over stable FLX it really weird all my other FLX are understable must be a goofy run.

I don't understand when they have a range of 6 or 7 grams. Is that just being lazy? Are some of them 173 and some of them as much as 178? I traded a clear 173-178 CryZtal Buzzz because I had just gotten an orange one and liked the color better, and figured it would be the same otherwise. I was able to throw the clear one much more accurately, even though they are technically in the same weight range. I suspect there was a difference.

My CryZtal Challenger's too have a range, only 3 grams though, 172-174. Still don't understand it, but it makes less sense that all 3 of my CryZtal Buzzz's are 173-178 and both of my CryZtal Challengers are 172-174. I've never seen different for these discs.

I only have the X plastic of the Buzzz. Just liked the feel of it. I am seriously considering getting the ESP FLX to use when I disc in the winter. Not sure how I am going to like it, but why not give it a shot, you never know.

Latest posts