• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Whats your favorite short and technical courses?

RootsDiscGolf

Bogey Member
What is your favorite short and technical courses? Why? Photos? and links to reviews?

I am working on designing as you all may know, but I am just trying to get comparable courses to see what I need to do to make it enjoyable to play. I am walking the land tomorrow and working on some lines and throwing some discs.

Thank you!!

Noble DGC
Dolese youth park

For shorter, but technical, Little Axe DGC

Earlewood in Columbia, SC

Old school course, lots of fun, every hole's different. Big hills, huge trees, not a lot of underbrush. Showing wear and tear from its popularity, these days.

Timmons Park, Greenville, SC

Earlewood's cousin

Earlewood in Columbia, SC

Old school course, lots of fun, every hole's different. Big hills, huge trees, not a lot of underbrush. Showing wear and tear from its popularity, these days.

Timmons Park, Greenville, SC

Earlewood's cousin

Good calls :thmbup:

I'd also throw in Sertoma Field in Walhalla, SC

Reedy Creek.
It's opened up over the years due to heavy play (by UNC-Charlotte crowd?).
Still, a lot of fun and shot variety.

They added the Stout layout quite a few years ago, but I just stick to the old layout.

You can attack the old layout with a Roc (mid-range) and a putter.
Really, every hole is Birdie-able--just not gonna happen.
Straight, uphill, downhill, sidehill, left, right.
Fun course.

Most technical short course I ever played is Summit. Fairways that are about 2 ft wide for example...

I prefer short technical courses. Watervliet has the Flaherty course, a niner with two tees making it possible to play the nine and then again from the other tee...feels like an 18 hole.

Big fan of Plantation Ruins at Winget Park in Charlotte. I bet Old Tom agrees. (Hi, Tom! Loveyoumeanit!)

Every shot in the bag, and aesthetically pleasing. Clean and green. Very wooded, with its share of open shots, but not really a grip-and-rip course. Great place to work on mid-ranges and putters, and to learn that a driver is not necessarily the right choice for teeing off - no matter how long the hole is.

Most technical short course I ever played is Summit. Fairways that are about 2 ft wide for example...

OP was looking for best short, technical courses we've played, not ridiculously tight. Summit's too plinko like.

Summit is the only true technical course... it's just short of simply throwing discs in the woods... A two foot fairway is the bottom barrel of what constitutes as a fairway...

Oh... Heh... Yeah, I get it now ;)

Johnny Sias' course is technical and amazing. I have a picture of a tree branch from one tree literally growing into a nearby tree...also there is a 19th century graveyard on top of a hill deep in the woods. That's hella technical.

Yes, I did say hella.

not sure what constitutes short, but these are my favorites technical courses under 5000 ft.
Inverness - shorts
IDGC Headrick - shorts
Rollin Ridge - Orange tees to Orange baskets

Latest posts