• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What's your go to fairway in a headwind?

I'll usually disc up a speed or two in a similar mold and reduce power for a headwind. I do this for any distance.

In a mild headwind Teebirds and C-line PDs work fine for me.

For a serious headwind, I'll throw:

Firebird, XXX, or Banshee for shorter shots

Enforcer, Scythe, PD2, or Boatman for longer shots

3rd run C-PD, S-PD, and European masters G-Line. The c-pd is the most overstable but doesn't seem to fade left in headwind. It's not as trustworthy as I would like. Should I try a JL PD or just add a predator back to the bag and not worry about the extra mold?

its one extra mold, are you that much of a fraidy cat to add a mold...? or is it going to throw your whole game out of whack cuz its too many molds to "remember"?

in all seriousness, get a damm pd. or sfb. fb has the same wing as the pd

z predator. I carry 2 - one is many years old and flies relatively straight for a predator, the other is essentially brand new. or if the wind isn't that bad, one of my variety of PDs.

Not sure how wraith, destroyer and the others suggestions in the speed 10 and above are considered fairway drivers... Anyway, for me, if I want a straight flight, I use the Servo, if I want somewhat of a big fade finish, I use the resistor.

Brinster bird

Couldn't agree more. My AJ star can hold her own and finishes a little straighter. Regular JL Champs work great as well.

PDs are also very reliable. C Lines for more beef and s line for control. Great mold and gets love on here for a good reason.

If its "I probably shouldn't be playing" windy the Firebird gets the tap or I disc up

Banshee. But truthfully if you are turning a fresh *pd in a headwind you might want to do some fieldwork and clean up your form. I had one and it was beefcake when fresh.