• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Whats your headwind driver?

I threw Starfires for a while, too. If I loose my SOLF I'll probably go back to them.

consider a Z Surge. i think its way more versatile than my Starfire was and given a little more time to asses the surge i may consider it to be better than my SOLF.

Depending on the hole, I usually throw a gator, banshee or teerex into strong headwinds. If it's just a mild headwind, I'll stick to my usual plastic and just put a little more hyzer on it or use the wind to flip a stable driver.

Proto Star Xcali.
I'm weak, but I can put everything but the kitchen sink into it, and it flies low and far into any headwind.

Surge or Force for a drive, Force for straight ahead Surge for S curve. Upshort I switch to the Zone.

When i first started playing disc my disc of choice for a headwind has always been a destroyer or wraith. I still have a couple Wraiths but no destroyers and recently i feel like i have nothing to throw if a headwind 5mph+ comes along.

What disc do you throw in a good headwind? (strictly talking headwinds here, slam the disc into the dirt kinda headwind)

Do you use an overstable or understable disc and does weight come into play when throwing into the wind?

An understable disc into a headwind is ALWAYS a bad idea. I personally wouldn't throw anything less than a max weight wraith into a headwind, but it would definately be a flip hyzer.

For "slam the disc into the dirt" headwinds, I throw a CFR Destroyer, max weight, or a Star XCaliber, max weight.

As someone earlier said.... Firebird for controlled drives, Xcaliber/Boss for distance.

Latest posts