• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's your roller disc? (all distances)

(150 Class) Champion Valk

Sometimes my Elite-X X-press as well.

(Backhand of course.... I havn't learned the forehand roller yet)

They must have some nicely mowed courses in CA :p

Do you have a video of you throwing rollers? I'd love to see your form, I'm still learning them.

heh, no we don't really have any. All my local courses are hard pack dirt and rock. I've only rolled on the field as there's no where on the course to make use of them.

I prefer a beat DX Stingray for turnover rollers or any type of Viper for a cut roller, but I only use rollers to get out of trouble on the course.

Beat DX Cheetah primarily when I roll, which isn't that often in this area.

Working on a Champion Sidewinder, hoping for some extra distance.

And an Aviar when I have to in order to get out of trouble from in the woods.

The only reliable roller I have in my arsenal is a forehand cut, which was easy to learn, just start flipping discs with really bad form, and bingo!, you gotta roller.

I use a Star Monarch, it stands up nice and it always cuts and never turns away, so I can predict where its going.

Roots are the worst hazard with rollers, they kick a disc in unintended directions. The only good ones are just before the basket, so they kick the disc up and in.

Sidewinder & Stratus for normal long rollers and for sharp short turns I use the Blitz.

For my rollers I use mostly a beat up Avenger SS, sometimes a Banshee if I need a very specific line, if I was carrying a Condor I'd never need to use the banshee though.

\/\/

Stingray, Cheetah or Wraith (all seasoned to beat) work best for me (backhand rollers).

Latest posts