• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

what'shisname's bag

what'shisname

Double Eagle Member
*Updated bag, top of page 2* 09/14/09

Being a newb, I hope it's cool to post this here.

I've been playing DG for about 4 or 5 years now, mostly pretty casually for fun with some buddies but I am in a local leauge as well now. Mostly I play because it's a good time and it gets me out in a park for a couple hours with some good people. Lately though I've really been trying to step up my game a bit and make some improvements. I've been reading and watching videos online and trying to incorporate/fix things in my own game. Anyway, here's what's in my bag lately. Any guidence/opinions on what I can change up to help out my game would be appreciated. I throw a mix of RHBH and sidearm depending on the hole/lie. My longest drive is about 350 sidearm, 315 RHBH.

Star TeeRex 168 - (used mostly for a few specific right to left shots)
Champ Boss 175 - (mostly forehand drives though I seem to be getting a bit better results with it on the bh throws lately)
Star Destroyer 169 well worn - (long and straight lines sidearm or bh)
Star Destroyer 169 newer - (a little more fade. go to sidearm disc)
Elite Z XL wt. unknown nicely broken
ESP XL 171 brand new
Champ Sidewinder 150 very beat
Champ Valk 150 -
Elite X Buzzz very beat - (straight as an arrow, can turn it right when needed)
Elite X Buzzz newer - (more fade than the beat one)
FLX Buzzz
2 x Wizard - (both different levels of beat for different putter drives)
Voodoo - (just started putting with this one this year. LOVE it! I'll probably replace one of the Wizards with a new Voodoo soon)

I'm trying to figure out the understable discs again since I believe I've got a bit of OAT happening now from trying to get the high speed discs to fly nice. They work so nice for me on the forehand though so I don't want to get rid of them. I can't throw an understable disc sidearm to save my life at the moment though I'm working a bit more on that now.

I threw a buddy's ESP Avenger the other day and absolutely loved it. Would it fill a bit of a hole in the bag? I've also been wondering about the Teebirds, any need for those or does the XL have that covered? I don't really want to carry too many more discs than I already am.

Thanks for any feedback. This site's a goldmine of information, I've used the review site for years now and never stumbled into the forum until this last weekend. It's just what I've been looking for. 8)

In my opinion, too many high speed drivers. How much different is a destroyer to you then your boss? Esp with your distance.

Drop:
Teerex, Destroyer, and the Boss. Use a Valk for your primary driver, hug your XL and learn it. Sidewinder is good for rollers/Annys, rest is fine. Drop the high speed crap and learn the fundamentals with controllable discs.

thanks for the feedback.

I've been toying with dropping the teerex and maybe even the boss from my bag, but there's a couple shots on my local course that I use them for (tomahawk and a sidearm shot). I also use the boss into strong headwinds on a long hole with a huge OB line down the right of the fairway.

I hear what you're saying about the controllable discs though and that's definitely my focus on my BH throws, but the high speed discs work so well for me on my FH and I can't throw the understable stuff FH very well yet so I'll keep them in the bag for sidearm stuff.

How would you compare a Teebird to an XL? Are they similar or should I seek out a teebird to try out?

what'shisname said:
How would you compare a Teebird to an XL? Are they similar or should I seek out a teebird to try out?

A teebird has much more high speed stability meaning that it is less likely to flip in the early portion of the flight. Teebirds have a good bit of low speed fade when new. Dx teebirds will eventually loose their low speed over-stability and become straight and loooong.

Before I continue I just want to ask you a few questions.

What are you goals in playing disc golf? Recreation? Win some plastic? Win some cash? Win Worlds? In answering this question this will give us a bit of an understanding of what you are trying to do and what you want to do in the future, which will allow us to customize some advice to your specific goal(s).

BeSquared said:

What are you goals in playing disc golf? Recreation? Win some plastic? Win some cash? Win Worlds? In answering this question this will give us a bit of an understanding of what you are trying to do and what you want to do in the future, which will allow us to customize some advice to your specific goal(s).

Primarily i'm playing for myself and just want to improve in general. I play in a weekly league and I guess I'd like to improve and start placing better in that as well. I've got a high handicap at the moment and if I could just get a consistent round together on league night I could easily cash it but I always seem to have a hole or two blow out on tuesday nights and end up out of the money.

I don't have enough free time right now for tourneys but I hope to play in 2 or 3 next summer. Again, mostly for fun, but it'd be nice to place decently in them if possible.

what'shisname said:
BeSquared said:

Primarily i'm playing for myself and just want to improve in general. I play in a weekly league and I guess I'd like to improve and start placing better in that as well. I've got a high handicap at the moment and if I could just get a consistent round together on league night I could easily cash it but I always seem to have a hole or two blow out on tuesday nights and end up out of the money.

I don't have enough free time right now for tourneys but I hope to play in 2 or 3 next summer. Again, mostly for fun, but it'd be nice to place decently in them if possible.
Ok, very good. It seems like a small gap in your mental game perhaps? No worries there, that will come the more you play in competition. A couple things to just help your game in general, go out and play some rounds and use nothing but your buzzz and wizard. This will increase your overall game dramatically. Even today I will go out once a week and use a roc/aviar. This is a great exercise that will teach you control, accuracy, and line shaping.

From what I understand is you drive farther with your sidearm, this is very common. A side arm generates more spin and is easier to snap than a backhand. The con is the physical toll is takes on your body. Most arms/shoulders cannot take extended pressure and snaps like that. Having said that you will find yourself lacking in consistancy due to minor pains, OAT (off axis torque), fatigue, etc. For -me-, throwing backhand takes less energy, syncs with my body better, and makes the disc more controllable. So, perhaps working on extending your BH distance might be something to work with. There are -INIFINITE- topics on this board to help with that, along with videos.

Now, having said all of that, take it with a grain of salt. Hope it helps you. The main problem I see is never in the bag/equipment. Success with your equipment comes with confidence. Confidence is created by repeated success. If you have a piece of equipment that you love, a disc that flies great, use it. But also keep in mind that a bad outcome is not always the fault of the disc.

Hope this helps.

BeSquared said:
what'shisname said:
BeSquared said:

Ok, very good. It seems like a small gap in your mental game perhaps? No worries there, that will come the more you play in competition. A couple things to just help your game in general, go out and play some rounds and use nothing but your buzzz and wizard. This will increase your overall game dramatically. Even today I will go out once a week and use a roc/aviar. This is a great exercise that will teach you control, accuracy, and line shaping.

From what I understand is you drive farther with your sidearm, this is very common. A side arm generates more spin and is easier to snap than a backhand. The con is the physical toll is takes on your body. Most arms/shoulders cannot take extended pressure and snaps like that. Having said that you will find yourself lacking in consistancy due to minor pains, OAT (off axis torque), fatigue, etc. For -me-, throwing backhand takes less energy, syncs with my body better, and makes the disc more controllable. So, perhaps working on extending your BH distance might be something to work with. There are -INIFINITE- topics on this board to help with that, along with videos.

Now, having said all of that, take it with a grain of salt. Hope it helps you. The main problem I see is never in the bag/equipment. Success with your equipment comes with confidence. Confidence is created by repeated success. If you have a piece of equipment that you love, a disc that flies great, use it. But also keep in mind that a bad outcome is not always the fault of the disc.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply.

One of my main problems in league definitely appears to be a mental one though it really shouldn't be since I play outside of league with a lot of those dudes and do much better. I have been getting better on that side of things though recently so I'm sure I'll get the mental thing eventually. I'll definitely throw a mids/putter round into my regular rotation.

I hear what you're saying on the FH and focusing on improving my BH technique is definitely my focus lately. Well that and putting. I'm sure I'll always use the sidearm where it makes sense and it hasn't bothered me so far in terms of pain.

As for your comment on equipment and confidence, I totally agree and that goes for any sport really. I'm a terrible instructor in general but when friends or family ask for ski tips "confidence" is always my answer. I'm positive that a lack of confidence is my main problem in my short game. I get ready to putt and start thinking about all the similar putts that I've missed before instead of the good ones.

Okay, so in my quest to find some more understable and lower speed discs I've ended up with too many new discs in my trunk and now my bag is a bit of a revolving mess. I have been making some nice progress on my drives though and am happy with the results from throwing a lot of the new discs I've been trying. Settling on the drivers is my main problem right now as I seem to be getting nice results with a large group of them. On the flip side, I've been very happy with my mids and putters and other than the buzzz slot which rotates a bit, they've been pretty constant in the bag.

For reference I'm throwing BH about 300' power maxing out around 350-360' now.

So as of today, here's what's in the bag:

Drivers:
172 - Champ Starfire - (For headwind drives and big hyzers)
169 - Star Destroyer - (Huge FH D, nice reliable BH with a bit of a head wind or when I need to not go left)
173 - ESP Surge - (Straight Big D, Easy to control in no wind)
167 - Star Orc - (BH/FH Control Driver (not as much D as the Surge for me))
172 - Opto Striker - (A little more Fade and a little less D than the Surge. Should probably take this out but I love the Opto plastic)
172 - Opto Vision - (Turnover shots to the right, nice hyzer flip D with open fairways)
150 - Champ Sidewinder - (Turnover shots to the right, downwind and hyzer flips)

Fairway Drivers:
173 - Z Stalker - (Straight lines with little fade)
170 - Z XL - (can't decide between the XL or the Stalker)

Mids:
172 - Opto Core - (loving this one more and more. little more overstable than my buzzz)
169 - ESP Buzzz - (Swap this out with a crystal and/or a Z buzzz now and then)
170 - ESP Impact - (mid shots to the right and low clearance upshots)

Putters:
174 - SS Voodoo - (Go to putter. love it.)
171 - SSS Voodoo - (little bit stiffer but more of the same)
170 - E Wizard - (putter drives. I'm learning to drive my voodoos now though and I can see dropping the wiz in the future. Though it was my very first putter and I can't seem to keep it out of the bag for long.)

Any help with that mess? Overall I'm happy with my improvement lately but I can't seem to settle on a my bag. :?

Besquared, me and this guy are practically the same with all the overstable and fast discs. He probably gets more D than I do. I'm referring to your answers here and taking them as if you put them in my thread, even tho you didnt :(

Confidence is key too. When I was averaging anywhere from 2 to 4 down and hitting 6 down for my best scores, I was playing about 4 to 5 times a week, sometimes multiple rounds. So I knew my discs a lot better. I took 5 months off over the winter, and then played sparingly in the spring. It was like I had to relearn my motions and discs all over again. I could still do it, but it wasn't there the way it was before.

I know I'm not going to improve playing 2 rounds a week, mostly friday and sunday.

And I 2nd the idea of playing with just a mid and putter. I've learned a lot about what I can do with my Wizards as far as short drives and upshots.

Its getting better, lets see here...

Drivers:
172 - Champ Starfire - (For headwind drives and big hyzers) Not a huge fan but it is a good wind disc. I prefer the Firebird myself, but to each his own
169 - Star Destroyer - (Huge FH D, nice reliable BH with a bit of a head wind or when I need to not go left) Ehhh esshhh mmmm with your distance I think the Surge will fly with more predictability. I Throw around 360-390 golf with 410 max field D and I still dont use anything faster then a Valk/Striker
167 - Star Orc - (BH/FH Control Driver (not as much D as the Surge for me)) Since the surge seems to fly further for you without loss of control, drop the Orc
172 - Opto Striker - (A little more Fade and a little less D than the Surge. Should probably take this out but I love the Opto plastic) Less D then the surge, perhaps, but better in the wind and more versatile imo
172 - Opto Vision - (Turnover shots to the right, nice hyzer flip D with open fairways) Overlaps with the Sidewinder, I like the Vision better myself.
150 - Champ Sidewinder - (Turnover shots to the right, downwind and hyzer flips) See above

Fairway Drivers:
173 - Z Stalker - (Straight lines with little fade) I threw the Stalker and I was pretty impressed. The problem was I was already blinded by Teebirds and they overlapped too much.
170 - Z XL - (can't decide between the XL or the Stalker) Keep one of each in your bag and see which you use more, there is your answer.

Mids:
172 - Opto Core - (loving this one more and more. little more overstable than my buzzz) Hmm I love the Core, do you see any overlap between this and your buzzz?

Putters:
170 - E Wizard - (putter drives. I'm learning to drive my voodoos now though and I can see dropping the wiz in the future. Though it was my very first putter and I can't seem to keep it out of the bag for long.)

That's my review.

Seneca_22 said:
Besquared, me and this guy are practically the same with all the overstable and fast discs. He probably gets more D than I do. I'm referring to your answers here and taking them as if you put them in my thread, even tho you didnt :(

Confidence is key too. When I was averaging anywhere from 2 to 4 down and hitting 6 down for my best scores, I was playing about 4 to 5 times a week, sometimes multiple rounds. So I knew my discs a lot better. I took 5 months off over the winter, and then played sparingly in the spring. It was like I had to relearn my motions and discs all over again. I could still do it, but it wasn't there the way it was before.

I know I'm not going to improve playing 2 rounds a week, mostly friday and sunday.

And I 2nd the idea of playing with just a mid and putter. I've learned a lot about what I can do with my Wizards as far as short drives and upshots.
You have to keep your mental game in tact. A lot of emphasis is put on the equipment, which in many cases may not be the culprit. Sure, you shouldn't be throwing that Boss on a 250 foot hole however in the long run its the mental game that will win your tournaments. A good mental game and confidence is worth more then 25 of the best discs in premium plastic. Be willing to rework your physical game along with your mental game and the equipment will come.

BeSquared said:
Its getting better, lets see here...

Drivers:
172 - Champ Starfire - (For headwind drives and big hyzers) Not a huge fan but it is a good wind disc. I prefer the Firebird myself, but to each his own
169 - Star Destroyer - (Huge FH D, nice reliable BH with a bit of a head wind or when I need to not go left) Ehhh esshhh mmmm with your distance I think the Surge will fly with more predictability. I Throw around 360-390 golf with 410 max field D and I still dont use anything faster then a Valk/Striker
167 - Star Orc - (BH/FH Control Driver (not as much D as the Surge for me)) Since the surge seems to fly further for you without loss of control, drop the Orc
172 - Opto Striker - (A little more Fade and a little less D than the Surge. Should probably take this out but I love the Opto plastic) Less D then the surge, perhaps, but better in the wind and more versatile imo
172 - Opto Vision - (Turnover shots to the right, nice hyzer flip D with open fairways) Overlaps with the Sidewinder, I like the Vision better myself.
150 - Champ Sidewinder - (Turnover shots to the right, downwind and hyzer flips) See above

Fairway Drivers:
173 - Z Stalker - (Straight lines with little fade) I threw the Stalker and I was pretty impressed. The problem was I was already blinded by Teebirds and they overlapped too much.
170 - Z XL - (can't decide between the XL or the Stalker) Keep one of each in your bag and see which you use more, there is your answer.

Mids:
172 - Opto Core - (loving this one more and more. little more overstable than my buzzz) Hmm I love the Core, do you see any overlap between this and your buzzz?

Putters:

That's my review.

Thanks again for the comments. I knew you'd be against the Destroyer being in there and actually until this week it has been out of there nearly all summer. I put it back in recently more or less for one or two shots on my local course. Particularly the one here:

park96-07.jpg

The line of lights on the ridge is the OB line all the way down to the big evergreen at the end of the ridge. You can see the basket right at the bottom of the ridge past the last light post. There's a bit of wind around here and it's often strong and it comes predominately from the downtown skyline there straight up the hole.

When the wind's up a bit I'll throw the destroyer and be confident that it'll come back at the end and land safe. I don't mind being a bit to the left down around the corner there either so that my upshot's not straight along the OB line. Heavy wind's i'll throw the Starfire. If the winds are light or not existent I throw the Surge. Kinda rare, but if there's a tailwind I'll throw the sidewinder or Vision.

So there's that kind of shot I use it for and for really long FH shots, it's the longest disc I can throw. That said, my elbow's been bugging me this summer so i've really been putting the focus on the BH drives, but there's those perfect holes that just lend themselves to a nice FH drive so I find myself using them sparingly.

whoa. bit of verbal diariah there, sorry about that. As for the rest of your comments:

I think I might swap the Orc out for a different Surge and see how that goes. I've been leaning towards dropping the SW as well because it's a little unreliable. I do find the Core overlaps a bit with the buzzz, but for me it's longer than the buzzz and more overstable. I'd definitely grab it over the buzzz in the wind.

wow you are like a combination of me and JR but with pictures......scary

get an X XL and you will understand what that disc was designed to do
get a cyclone
get a DX Roc (yes i said it)

if an FB and an SF are overlapping you need to disc down broseph.....try an Eagle after you get used to the Cyclone.....if you don't like the stalkers you can send me a PM and i will provide you with a mailing address for a disposal site my house

for right now i would put away everything faster than what you call fairway drivers

and since your elbow is giving you a fit it is usually a sign that you are torquing the disc and that you need to work on your form and that means you are only allowed to carry a putter....i don't care which one

keltik said:
wow you are like a combination of me and JR but with pictures......scary

get an X XL and you will understand what that disc was designed to do
get a cyclone
get a DX Roc (yes i said it)

if an FB and an SF are overlapping you need to disc down broseph.....try an Eagle after you get used to the Cyclone.....if you don't like the stalkers you can send me a PM and i will provide you with a mailing address for a disposal site my house

for right now i would put away everything faster than what you call fairway drivers

and since your elbow is giving you a fit it is usually a sign that you are torquing the disc and that you need to work on your form and that means you are only allowed to carry a putter....i don't care which one

I don't really know what your first comment is referring to but I suspect the answer lies in the technique forum and JR's Off Axis Talk Monster title.

I've never thrown a FB before so I couldn't tell you how it would work for me. My SF only gets used in wind and for shots where I need it to go over far left.

As for the elbow... It was really bothering me this spring and I hit these forums up for some research which has led me to concentrating on the slower speed discs and working on my BH. It feels a whole lot better now and doesn't bother me at all when throwing BH. I'll throw the occasional FH drive that bothers it and it's always a terrible drive that hurts it.

It's been a while since my last putter only round though so I should probably do that again.

So I lost my Starfire so I had to fill that hole in the bag and I've settled down a bit on some other slots. I think I'll stick with this one for awhile since I think it's got most slots filled. I won't be able to stop trying out the odd disc here and there though and I'm doing so right now in fact but at least I think I'm settling down on some of the basics.

For reference I seem to have plateaued around 300'-330' for distance with the odd drive getting out further up to 350-60'.

Overstable Driver:

168 Star Teerex (headwind and big S distance)

Distance Drivers:

173 ESP Surge (My longest driver)
171 ESP Surge (New)
172 Opto Striker (More overstable for me and a bit shorter than my Surge, use it for head winds and hyzers)

Control Drivers:

171 ESP XL (Great for dead straight drives or line shaping)
174 Elite X XL (A little bit more overstable than the ESP)
172 QJLS (Trying this one out. Seems to be pretty similar to the XL's, maybe a bit more distance)

Understable Drivers:

171 Opto Vision (Nice long turnovers with a bit of fade back at the end)
165 ESP FLX Avenger SS (Turnovers with no fade back. I'd use it for rollers too though I suck at them)

Mids:
172 Opto Core (Bit more overstable than my buzzz with a bit more distance)
169 ESP Buzzz (Dead nuts straight.)
170 ESP Impact (More understable than the buzzz)

Putters:

174 SS Voodoo (Goto putter, love it.)
171 SSS Voodoo (Backup/practice)
170 E Wizard (Get out of trouble shaping putts. Putter drives.)

what'shisname said:
*Updated bag, top of page 2* 09/14/09

Being a newb, I hope it's cool to post this here.

I've been playing DG for about 4 or 5 years now, mostly pretty casually for fun with some buddies but I am in a local leauge as well now. Mostly I play because it's a good time and it gets me out in a park for a couple hours with some good people. Lately though I've really been trying to step up my game a bit and make some improvements. I've been reading and watching videos online and trying to incorporate/fix things in my own game. Anyway, here's what's in my bag lately. Any guidence/opinions on what I can change up to help out my game would be appreciated. I throw a mix of RHBH and sidearm depending on the hole/lie. My longest drive is about 350 sidearm, 315 RHBH.

Star TeeRex 168 - (used mostly for a few specific right to left shots)
Champ Boss 175 - (mostly forehand drives though I seem to be getting a bit better results with it on the bh throws lately)
Star Destroyer 169 well worn - (long and straight lines sidearm or bh)
Star Destroyer 169 newer - (a little more fade. go to sidearm disc)
Elite Z XL wt. unknown nicely broken
ESP XL 171 brand new
Champ Sidewinder 150 very beat
Champ Valk 150 -
Elite X Buzzz very beat - (straight as an arrow, can turn it right when needed)
Elite X Buzzz newer - (more fade than the beat one)
FLX Buzzz
2 x Wizard - (both different levels of beat for different putter drives)
Voodoo - (just started putting with this one this year. LOVE it! I'll probably replace one of the Wizards with a new Voodoo soon)

I'm trying to figure out the understable discs again since I believe I've got a bit of OAT happening now from trying to get the high speed discs to fly nice. They work so nice for me on the forehand though so I don't want to get rid of them. I can't throw an understable disc sidearm to save my life at the moment though I'm working a bit more on that now.

I threw a buddy's ESP Avenger the other day and absolutely loved it. Would it fill a bit of a hole in the bag? I've also been wondering about the Teebirds, any need for those or does the XL have that covered? I don't really want to carry too many more discs than I already am.

Thanks for any feedback. This site's a goldmine of information, I've used the review site for years now and never stumbled into the forum until this last weekend. It's just what I've been looking for. 8)

Whoa.... I just came back here to look for my first bag post for shits and giggles and I can't believe how things have changed. I also can't believe that it's been less than a year! None of these discs are in the bag anymore and the majority of them have been traded away. Anyway, here's the latest lineup:

C-PD - For headwinds, overhead and sidearm shots. Starting to play around with some rollers as well.
S-PD - Big Hyzers and Sidearm shots
P-PD - Goto distance driver. Laser straight with predictable fade at the end.

CE-JLS - Workhorse driver
MJLS - Understable slot. Anyhyzers and turnover shots. Downwind driver.

Opto/GL Core - Goto mid range. Disc gets a lot of tee shots as well. Does whatever I need it to.
Opto/GL Fuse - Tunnel shots, anhyzers, turnovers, downwind, etc., etc. Loving this disc.
Z Drone - Big headwinds, hyzer approaches, get out of trouble shots.

Ion - Putter drives and putting
VP - Putter drives and putting

I use both putters depending on the scenario. That's pretty much it these days, though if it's really windy I'll throw a champ Firebird or an XXX in depending on how I'm feeling and if it's wet out I'll swap the Ion out for a Voodoo generally. I took the Vision out recently as I'm finding it harder and harder to get the right hyzer on release.

I'm really liking the setup at the moment and I think I'll keep it the same for the rest of the season to really give it a solid run.

what'shisname said:
C-PD - For headwinds, overhead and sidearm shots. Starting to play around with some rollers as well.
S-PD - Big Hyzers and Sidearm shots
P-PD - Goto distance driver. Laser straight with predictable fade at the end.

CE-JLS - Workhorse driver
MJLS - Understable slot. Anyhyzers and turnover shots. Downwind driver.

Opto/GL Core - Goto mid range. Disc gets a lot of tee shots as well. Does whatever I need it to.
Opto/GL Fuse - Tunnel shots, anhyzers, turnovers, downwind, etc., etc. Loving this disc.
FLX Drone - Big headwinds, hyzer approaches, get out of trouble shots.

M - Ion - Putter drives and putting
VP - Putter drives and putting

Still loving this setup. I had a River for a week and unfortunately lost it on a great looking drive, it must've glided a lot further than I thought and gone down the steep embankment behind the target. I really liked it though so I've ordered a couple more to test out. They'll be up against the JLS's though for a spot in the bag so it'll be a tough fight to kick them out.

I haven't had an XXX or firebird in the bag for a couple months now and haven't missed them at all. The C-PD's been doing great for me for the overhead shots and headwinds. Can't get enough of the PD's in general!

Well, the Rivers won the battle, at least for now and have replaced the JLS's in the bag. I'm also trying out a Zone at the moment in place of my Drone. I added my Organic Voodoo back. To me the voodoo and the Ion are pretty much interchangeable in terms of feel/shape but the Ion's better for driving and approaches where the Voodoo's grip wins for me in the putting department.

C-PD 175 - For headwinds, overhead and flick rollers.
S-PD 165 - Big Hyzers and Sidearm shots. This one's starting to beat into where it flies a lot like a new P for me. It's the nice champy red DGR and I have 2 more on the way. Starting to compete for my favorite driver slot.
P-PD 171 - Seasoned Pink DGR. Goto distance driver. Laser straight with a tiny bit of fade at the end. Can get some great anny's out of it, definitely my favorite driver.
P-PD 172 - Fresh. Used for when I need more HSS and to beat in a replacement.

Opto River - Turnovers and downwind drives

Opto/GL Core 177 - Goto mid range. Disc gets a lot of tee shots as well. Does whatever I need it to.
Opto/GL Fuse 174 - Tunnel shots, anhyzers, turnovers, downwind, etc., etc. Loving this disc.
FLX Zone - Trying this out for big headwinds, hyzer approaches, get out of trouble shots. I like the feel of it more than the Drone and it's a bit more controllable.

M - Ion 174 - Putter drives and approaches.
VP 174 - Overstable Putter drives and approaches.
Organic Voodoo 174 - Everything in the circle.

So Spring is finally starting to show around here and I've been able to get out into the soggy, partially snow covered fields for some work with bag again. This is my setup in my Spider Monkey, I have a few extras in the Simian when I take that out but these are the basics. The core of the bag is still the same but there's been a few tweaks...

C-PD 175 - For headwinds, overhead and flick rollers.
S-PD 165 - Champy Star for big hyzers and sidearm shots. This one's beat in perfectly, hands down my favorite driver.

S-TD 168 - Relatively new addition but it immediately kicked out the PPD's and the JLS/River. Really loving this one for big annys, down wind and deadnuts straight shots.

GL Pain 177 - Perfect compliment to the Fuse. Handles some decent headwind and is very predictable for me.
Opto/GL Fuse 174 - Tunnel shots, anhyzers, turnovers, downwind, etc., etc. Loving this disc.

ESP Zone - Love this for approach hyzers, short distance headwind shots and get out of trouble shots.
M - Ion 174 - Putter drives and approaches.
Organic Voodoo 174 - Everything in the circle.

I do throw a Vision in once in awhile as well but I can get by without it and I'm testing out a couple Flows and they do seem to get me some extra D over the PD so we'll see how that pans out.