• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

what'shisname's bag

Few changes and additions over the last year but I'm defintiely liking the latest setup. I recently took the aftershock out because I can do everything it can do with a buzzz or a zone. Kind of interested in checking out the Quasar and Anode, but overall I'm happy with the bag and feel I've got it covered.

Here's the full lineup all in a Grip. I have a mini version of this in a Spider Monkey as well for quick solo rounds.

CFR PD2 - Utility Slot. Thrown into huge headwinds for distance. Big Hyzer skip shots, spike hyzers, etc.

GL Flow - No wind and tailwind distance shots
Opto Flow - Distance drives when more stability is required

CFR PD - Gale force headwind and overhead shots
SPD - Beefy. Distance headwind situations or when I have to finish left.
SPD - Champystar. Workhorse driver. Beat in perfectly, flies like my PPD with a touch more LSS.
PPD - New. In the bag to season with funsies.
PPD - Beat. Controled Distance shots. My no wind Workhorse driver. Finishes dead straight.

Opto Vision - Fliptastic. Hyzer Flips. Tail wind drives. I love this disc and can't seem to leave it out of the bag. I'm hoping I might be able to replace it with a D FD one day?

CFR FD - Line shaping shots. Stand still driver.
SFD - Still trying to figure out if I need both in the bag. Seem to fill the same role.

Opto Fuse - Beat. My first and favorite fuse. Go to Mid for turnovers, tunnels and touch shots.
Opto Fuse - Newer. Used when a bit more stability is needed.
Z Buzzz - Workhorse mid. Reliable in some decent winds.
Z Zone - Overstable drive and approach shots into the wind. Short Line shaping and overhead shots.
ESP Zone - Same as above with more grip.

M Ion - Light weight one, used for tail wind putts and drives and jump putts.
S Eclipse Ion - Go to Putter for putts and drives.

Any holes or discs I should look into?

Plenty of discs in there but not too bad. You should check out the faster Quasar and as long as you get a turning one and not a freak it could add D for you and the Anode rocks!

CFR PD2 - Utility Slot. Thrown into huge headwinds for distance. Big Hyzer skip shots, spike hyzers, etc.

GL Flow - No wind and tailwind distance shots
Opto Flow - Distance drives when more stability is required

CFR PD - Gale force headwind and overhead shots. Line shaping stuff as well.
SPD - Beefy. Distance headwind situations or when I have to finish left.
SPD - Champystar. Workhorse driver. Beat in perfectly, flies like my PPD with a touch more LSS.
PPD - New. In the bag to season with funsies.
PPD - Beat. Controled Distance shots. My no wind Workhorse driver. Finishes dead straight. This thing is sneaky long and often is out with the big guns when I empty my bag on warm up holes.

CFR FD - Line shaping shots. Stand still driver.
SFD - Lighter version of the CFD. Little bit less stability.

Opto Fuse - Beat. My first and favorite fuse. Go to Mid for turnovers, tunnels and touch shots.
Opto Fuse - Newer. Used when a bit more stability is needed.
Z Buzzz - Workhorse mid. Reliable in some decent winds.
Z Zone - Overstable drive and approach shots into the wind. Short Line shaping and overhead shots.
D Zone - Not as piggish as the Z and used for wind day putter.

M Anode x 2 - Goto circle putter and putter drives. Very versitile.

Seem to be settling in on this lineup. The only question mark I have in my head on it is the Anode plastic. I really wish they came in a base plastic version. I picked up an Opto pure recently and really liked it on the few drives I tried it out on. Very comparable to the Anode. SO I ordered a few EZE Pures and will give them a test run when they come in.

8 molds, not too bad. Really starting to be confertable with these ones other than the putter slot which I'm hoping I can nail down with the Pure. I'd be full in on the Anode if I had a base plastic option to go with.

JR said:
If the EZE doesn't work there are still Zeros around.
They're not running that anymore though are they? I didn't bother grabbing any cause I don't want to get attached to hard to find stuff. I've got enough of a backup of CFR PD's but I'm not looking to get into that kind of shit with any other slots if I can avoid it.

Coming into my 4th year with my bag pretty much settled.

PD2 - C-Line for all out Max D in BIG headwinds. Rarely used but great when needed.

CFR PD - Headwind duty and Overhead stuff. Always reliable. Just put a fresh one in the bag.
SPD - Fresh for long headwind or need to finish left shots
SPD - Beat Champystar - Utility Distance driver
PPD - fairly fresh. Just in there to get beat up to make a backup of my favorite PD...
PPD - Beeeat. All out Max D. Can get it to finish right if needed.

CFD - Line shaping stuff when L-R is needed.
DFD - Brand new to the bag. Maybe a replacement for the Diamond if I get anal about eliminating a mold. Took my beat SFD out to play with this one.

Opto Diamond - Stand still drives, big L - R shots, touch stuff, get out of trouble, etc. Fun disc.

Z Buzzz - 2 of these cause they're great. Workhorse mid.
Opto Fuse - Fresh one for tunnel stuff finish straight shots.
Opto Fuse - Beeeat. L-R stuff, very flippy. Great downwind shots.

D Zone - Pretty beat, almost mid long and will always fade.
Z Zone - Beefy short mid-approach shots
Organic Voodoo x 3 - Putting

8 molds, 18 discs. Not really feeling like there's any major holes and I don't feel like I need to be experimenting with new stuff other than that new DFD I've been longing after for so long. Yay, disc golf!

Whoa! I thought this site had disappeared for good but stumbled back on an old bookmark today and here we are... back in action!

Had a third kid last year and have been super busy at work so I haven't been playing near as much as I'd like to be. Went out the other day into the field and threw some plastic for the first time in about 4 months. Timing's all off on my drivers, but I'm throwing my putters a mids nicely. Getting better results with my FD's than I was with the PD's so I've decided to go basic for a bit until I'm back in the swing of things.

Bag for now:

C-FD2 - Stiff headwinds, overhead stuff.
C-FD - Headwind drives, hyzer lines, need to finish left shots.
S-FD - Goto driver. Turns and then finishes back left.
D-FD - Pretty fresh. Turnover Drives that need to finish right. Big hyzer flip distance.

Z Buzzz x2 - cause they're great. Workhorse mid. One's a 10year buzzz with some emac magic on it from his signature.
Opto Fuse - Fresh one for tunnel stuff finish straight shots.
Opto Fuse - Beeeat. L-R stuff, very flippy. Great downwind shots.

D Zone - Pretty beat, almost mid long and will always fade. Windy day putter.
Z Zone - Beefy short mid-approach shots
Zero Pure x2 - Putt putts putts. Love this putter.
Opto Pure - Putter Driver, approach shots. Dead straight. Perfectly stable disc. Love, love, love this disc!

Had some good success with this setup today. Simple and easy, covers most scenarios. Love my PD's and I'll get them back in there, but I'm going to rock this for awhile until it's clicking again.

Latest posts