• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

When is World's Biggest Disc Golf Weekend 2011

I am going to have a local Boy Scout district to have an event for the World's Biggest Disc Golf Weekend, but when is going to be?

call the number on the web page. looks like it will be April 30th May 1st 2011. they will update the webpage with order info by the end of February.

Crap. I already have a course reserved for another tourney that day. How does this WBDGW thing work? What's the point of it?

The World's Biggest isn't what it once was. It started back in '91 or '92. I still have a few discs with stamps of those events.

The goal of the world's biggest is for local clubs and/or courses to hold a 'Disc Golf Day' where those of use that play will bring someone who hasn't played to the course that day. Not sure what the cost is now but back when it started $10 got you a Disc and a T-shirt. The goal was to grow the sport but give incentive to bring new people to play.

I ran the world's biggest for the Mighty MFA the first two or three years the World's Biggest was held.

The fact that this thing is supposedly in less than three months and they haven't updated the website kinda tells you this "event" has lost it's mojo.

Judging by the healthy growth we've seen in recreational play these days, I'm not even sure its needed anymore.

Maybe it should be used for local clubs to bring out "Power Brokers" on the County/State level of government. To get more courses built in areas,cities/towns and State parks, that don't have courses?

I emailed them: "Say, y'all gonna update the WBDGW site so we know what's happening in 2011? Just wondering ..."

and they said: "Yes...it's coming...couple more weeks"

So there :D

I think it's going to be the global thing CGK is doing. It's sometime in August.

The World's Biggest is a John Houck project started 20 years ago. The Global Challenge is a PDGA effort. Unrelated.

The World's Biggest is not a tournament, its a way to get all your friends and relatives out to the course to try the game. I don't think it is as big as it once was...but then I live in an area that hasn't run a World's Biggest in quite sometime. When I lived in Minnesota, the MFA ran several World's Biggest across the Twin Cities.