• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] When to go all in on new putters?

pacanova

Birdie Member
I've been putting with XG Rhynos for the last couple seasons but I've recently picked up a couple HB Panzers and really like the feel of the plastic. I kind of want to get rid of the XGs and stock up on the new putters but I'm not really sure. Should I just pull the trigger? How long do you wait to invest in your new putter stack?

Why wait? Feel and confidence are important. Besides, now that you've been toying around with other putters your Rhynos secretly hate you. They can smell the Panzers on your fingers. PM me if you want to sell those XG's.

I go slow. I mean, I only need one putter to putt with, and I only need that one putter to practice with, right?

I check the store/disc golf websites when I'm looking around to see if there are any neat putters of my chosen type, but that's all. I'm up to four Magnets now :p

I invested pretty heavily with each putter I tried until I fell for Wizards, but I didn't get rid of my previous molds. I would hate to try to go back to a previous mold and not like the current plastic blend.

Get two or three of your new found putters and sit on your old ones til your sure. I would trade or sell my old ones right away.

I would hate to try to go back to a previous mold and not like the current plastic blend.

this happened to me. :wall: Took a longgg time I find "the" one after that but am always playing with new/different putters too for fun. My favorite class of disc molds to throw for sure. Some great new plastics out on the market lately.

Don't get rid of your babies though. it will haunt you forever.

I've got a 8 XGs right now but I really hate tracking them down when I get the itch to get a new one. It really is nice that I can get Panzers pretty easily right now. I think I just need to do it and not look back. Maybe just hang onto my go-to.

If you like the Panzer & have the cash get a few of them but keep your XG Rhynos for the time being. IMO its best to putt with molds & plastics that are currently in regular production. Doing that makes it easy to get replacements & then you don't have to shell out a lot of money for CFR/OOP discs. If you save your XG Rhynos you can always go back to them if you really think they're a better fit to your putting style. If you do decide to stick with the Panzer then you won't be beating up your Rhynos & they'll be worth more money down the road, if you do decide to sell them. I recommend you find a mold & plastic you like & stick with even when your having a bad putting streak. Stick with one disc, learn it in all conditions & practicing with it. This will allow you to trust your disc, gain consistency & confidence. Changing putters frequently can only cause inconsistent putting & questioning if the putter your using is the right one. Get a few Panzers & if you like them then get a stack of them for putting practice & backup putters.

I buy five wizards from gateway once a year and then use them all season and i use all five at the same time so they beat in slower. I'd say get the panzers if you like the feel better.

Latest posts