• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

When to hurl someone's disc somewhere?

Sorry I didnt include the calling "fore" in a timely manner in my initial question. EVERYONE hits a tree and catches a bad bounce or has a bad shot (me especially). But man from what some of you guys have said with wives and children/young family members, jesus sh*t would hit the fan. Even the dogs. You think its easy to hurt a grown ass man? Forget about children, women and puppies. I mean if I ever had my head in the clouds and accidently drilled someone I would be sprinting up to make sure that person was OK and if I could do anything to help, etc.

Sorry I didnt include the calling "fore" in a timely manner in my initial question. EVERYONE hits a tree and catches a bad bounce or has a bad shot (me especially). But man from what some of you guys have said with wives and children/young family members, jesus sh*t would hit the fan. Even the dogs. You think its easy to hurt a grown ass man? Forget about children, women and puppies. I mean if I ever had my head in the clouds and accidently drilled someone I would be sprinting up to make sure that person was OK and if I could do anything to help, etc.

you can play behind me anytime. well, as long as i dont get checked out:mad:

i find it interesting that a month or so ago i was reading a thread about 'when it's acceptable to throw a disc at slow players ahead of you'. and now i'm reading a thread about 'when it's acceptable to throw away a disc that has been thrown at you'.

i find it interesting that a month or so ago i was reading a thread about 'when it's acceptable to throw a disc at slow players ahead of you'. and now i'm reading a thread about 'when it's acceptable to throw away a disc that has been thrown at you'.

hahaha i was gonna ask that question yesterday - when a group finishes but won't move to the next tee.

its Ok if its an absurdly long wait. Of course this would be preceded by plenty of yelling "LET"S GO" or SLOW PLAY WILL NOT BE TOLERATED

Just dont fire away 3 seconds after you hear the chains.

not ok to toss at people that are putting and still finishing out the hole even if they are slow. If the course isnt packed they'll let u play thru on the next hole . if it is packed just take it easy and slow down.

I definitely get all this from growing up playing golf at a country club.

In general it's never ok to throw into a group.
And it's never ok to pick up someones disc.

If you get thrown at, go talk to them, maybe they're one of those 'douchebags' just because they never learned. Talk nicely to them, and try to teach them proper dg play. This way the sport will grow to the right people and everyone will have a good time.

Gonna have to go with XXXInnovaXXX on this one, doing something like hucking the disc across the highway would be loads of fun but people just get even more upset. In my experience, politely telling them their throw nearly hit you, your friend, wife, kid or whoever generally gets a "Dude, I'm sorry" response and the problem is ended. If that doesn't work........I'll have to figure that out when it happens.

Gonna have to go with XXXInnovaXXX on this one, doing something like hucking the disc across the highway would be loads of fun but people just get even more upset. In my experience, politely telling them their throw nearly hit you, your friend, wife, kid or whoever generally gets a "Dude, I'm sorry" response and the problem is ended. If that doesn't work........I'll have to figure that out when it happens.

paintball or airsoft gun?

I always told myself... if I got hit and there was no FORE called... that disc was going bye-bye. As far as I could throw it... into the most unforgiving brush I could find... or over the fence of the park - Gone forever.
DSCJNKY

I'm with this group.
It's NEVER okay to pick up someone else's disc.
Control your temper and let them know it was not good to throw into the next group. If they keep at it, let them play through or leave, or skip a hole. Have fun. Only you control your anger.

I'm with this group.
It's NEVER okay to pick up someone else's disc.
Control your temper and let them know it was not good to throw into the next group. If they keep at it, let them play through or leave, or skip a hole. Have fun. Only you control your anger.

Yea otherwise you are just going to ended up falling into that group of (you know who I am refferring to). It is really annoying yes, but although sometimes I wish I would do it, I don't because I wouldn't want someone to do that to me.

i prolly wouldnet throw there disc, unles they were trying to hit me or something, then i prolly would.

If someone throws on you repeatedly, just let them play through and explain golf etiquette to them. Some people are just that dumb that common sense doesn't tell them throwing on someone is a no-no.
However...if the disc hits me or especially if it hits my wife who is with me on occasion...it's on.

I really have a tough time understanding the logic of: "just let them play through..." Letting a group play through is a courtesy afforded to groups playing faster (when there is room ahead to make a difference). I just can't understand extending courtesy to a group that is not observing the most basic of courtesy, keeping everyone safe on the course...

Again, I've never had this happen in disc golf. Most folks in DG await the group ahead to finish the hole even if the hole is so long the folks can not reach them. In ball golf it is way different. The only accepted courtesy is awaiting for the group ahead to "be out of range." Thus, I've been involved in a bunch of situations on the links where groups got hit into. Usually, its clear it was a mistake and doesn't happen again.

However, I have seen numerous times where (in BG) a group decided that they are entitled to play through and get mad at the group in front. I have been in groups where this type of talk began. This leads into a "let's go ahead and hit, that'll speed 'em up" mentality. Thus, the reaction of throwing their ball in the lake by the receiving end...

In any golf, there is absolutely no reason to let a group through if you are already jammed up. If I'm in a 4-some and have been waiting on a 4-some (who are waiting), there is no reason to let a 2-some (or worse a single) play through. There is a similar scenario on difficult holes that play slow (i.e. a long par 3 in BG). On many occasions, this has resulted in the small-group getting angry at me. Usually, any attempt at explaination is fruitless. So, if these types of folks hit into my group a second time, there is no further need for discussion. Ball into lake!!!

I really have a tough time understanding the logic of: "just let them play through..." Letting a group play through is a courtesy afforded to groups playing faster (when there is room ahead to make a difference). I just can't understand extending courtesy to a group that is not observing the most basic of courtesy, keeping everyone safe on the course...

VERY good point :D

Usually, if someone throws on me... and if there is no FORE call... I yell FORE back at them.
It's when it hits me that the disc is getting chucked. Hasn't happened yet... but when it does...

And... I should say that I have been hit. But, that guy called FORE... so I wasn't mad.
DSCJNKY

The first time I get thrown on (as long as the course isn't completely crowded) I'll let them play through, and while they do I'll let them know what the etiquette is as far as not throwing on people and asking to play through if you're in a hurry. If it's a crowded course where playing through isn't really a good option, I'll wait for them and have a little chat about etiquette. If it doesn't sink in, I won't feel too bad about kicking their disc under leaves or into the schule.

you shoud mash they nuts and live up to your moniker ; )