• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

When your course is overrun by yahoos

I had a situation with a guy about a year back that got unruly because he was walking his dog IN THE ROUGH...we didn't see him or feel the need to yell FORE when the hole looked completely empty. He came at us until he realized that I played sports and did this thing called weightlifting occasionally and he looked about as big around as Reese Witherspoon. He chilled out and left, but he made sure his dog crapped on the next tee box....

I putt with distraction just fine...after all, GGP's urban course, and it wasn't I who was putting at that particular moment. But what this guy was doing was way more than distraction. He was literally shouting at his friend without thinking about it. Then of course what he did afterwards was ridiculously out of line.

This is why I think people should be kicked in the junk if they cary more beers than discs on the course. :p

This is why I think people should be kicked in the junk if they cary more beers than discs on the course. :p

Violence begets more violence.

This is why I advocate creating sick mountain courses in remote areas...so that the yahoos don't even bother showing up! (and if they do, they lose their only disc on hole 2)
;)

This kind of **** doesn't happen to me. For. A. Reason.

I'm 6'3" 300lbs...and my hobbies include power lifting and looking really mean when you piss me off.

In all reality...I'm a teddy bear. I'm cuddly. I'm a lover not a fighter. But let's remember...a momma bear is just a cuddly fuzz bucket until you mess with her loved ones. I'm the same way.

I work at a Denny's. More specifically I am the ONLY overnight server at Denny's in Canandaigua, 5 nights a week. I've had guys get in my face, screaming, wanting to fight...but as soon as they actually upset me to the point that I'm ready to fight back...they don't have to be asked to leave, they're already walking.

If this guy was in MY face, I would have been...angry. And homeboy wouldn't *like* me when I'm angry.

\/\/

I have noticed that usually the jack asses don't come around till after 2pm, so if you can play before then, you will have a better chance at not running into them.

Indeed. And they won't play in rain or snow, nor will they usually drive 15 minutes further to the big boys' course nearby. (And if they do, there's a lot more room to avoid them in).

Two things to consider: 1) fighting on disc golf courses is bad publicity. 2) most people need a good asskicking. In this situation, I think 2) outweighs 1) personally.

WillCarpenter said,

"...And homeboy wouldn't *like* me when I'm angry...."

You got that off of the Incredible Hulk/Bruce Banner didnt you?

Last edited:
WillCarpenter said,

Heh...if you roll 6'3" 300...you may as well be the hulk.

Sometimes its a good idea to put down the disc bag, and pick up a video camera. Tell the TDD's you're making a documentary and to not mind you. Just act natural. I think you could have a field day at some courses without leaving the parking lot.

Then show your documentary to some of the big wigs in the local DG club, perhaps followed by the parks dept., possibly later the police if needed.

This kind of **** doesn't happen to me. For. A. Reason.

I'm 6'3" 300lbs...and my hobbies include power lifting and looking really mean when you piss me off.

In all reality...I'm a teddy bear. I'm cuddly. I'm a lover not a fighter. But let's remember...a momma bear is just a cuddly fuzz bucket until you mess with her loved ones. I'm the same way.

I work at a Denny's. More specifically I am the ONLY overnight server at Denny's in Canandaigua, 5 nights a week. I've had guys get in my face, screaming, wanting to fight...but as soon as they actually upset me to the point that I'm ready to fight back...they don't have to be asked to leave, they're already walking.

\/\/
Are you saying you are a momma bear or a waitress? :p
Now I know where to find you when I head home for thanksgiving, I am going to ask to be served a grandslam on a champion Orc.

WillCarpenter said,

You're right! He also posted this:

The "stolen bag on eBay" thread has brought up some GREAT topics! One that makes a lot of sense seems to be that people want their own DGCR numbered patches.

I don't know where you could get these without having to get either DGCR patches with a "blank spot" to have them embroidered on your own time...or have to special order them one at a time from some third party dealer for a TON of money.

But maybe somebody here has some connections? Or an embroidery stitching sewing machine?

I just ordered a FADE Tourney bag and I want to put my info ALL OVER that thing. I want my DGCR # and my GRDGC # and if I get a PDGA # I want that on my bag too...

In fact I should just put a list of "personal stats" on the back:

Name: Will A. Carpenter
Phone #: 585 xxx xxxx
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 315lbs
Hobbies: Disc Golf and POWER LIFTING
Temperament: Calm funny guy, turns into the hulk when you F*** with those he cares about, and these discs are part of his family.
Shoe Size: 14-15 wide, big enough to tear your arse right in half.

\/\/

That was from http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showpost.php?p=165014&postcount=1

That cracked me up the first time I read it and it still makes me laugh.

To the OP, I think you should have recorded that idiots behavior and then posted the video on YouTube for all the world to see.

Yeah! Hey WillA...

You should get a custom made DG shirt that shows the Incredible Hulk (the Lou Ferrigno version) straight RIPPING through an Innova Disc-catcher in the woods!

Also, change your avatar to this:

ferrignohulka.jpg

My "If I were a little less sane" solution:

Step 1) Subdue the aggressor.
Step 2) Tie aggressor to tree in heavily wooded area of course off the beaten path.
Step 3) Return the next day.
Step 4) Ask aggressor, "Now, are you done being a douchebag?".
Step 5) (If answer is yes) until, make amends. (If answer is no) add more tape, add sweat rag gag, and repeat steps 3-5.

He then picks up a stick the size of a baseball bat and a rock and begins to come at us.
At this point you simply call the police. GGP is in the middle of a city, it wouldn't have taken long for an officer to show up.

Latest posts