• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where and what do you write on your discs?

I write name, e-mail and (sometimes) #. I also write aces on flight plate (at that point I won't be selling or trading it away).

Regular bag discs, name and number inside rim.
Glow discs, either around the entire rim in dark ink or on the flight plate. Basically somewhere I can see it without picking up the disc so I don't accidently pick up someone else's disc.

So many chuckers don't even bother to call and just steal your disc, so recently I haven't even bothered writing anything.

I guess I've been fortunate to have only lost one disc. But also tenacious since I've hacked through the razor grass searching for my wayward discs. Found others in the process (returned to owners). That really sucks that peeps just make off with your discs. Have you caught anyone with one of yours?

Doesn't seeing the ink through the flight plate bother you when you look at a clear disc?

Definitely on this. I didn't know any better and I have a couple of champ plastic discs that I scrawled my name/# and disc weight on.

Clear Disc:
I write name|#|weight, twice on opposite sides of the inner rim

Opaque Disc:
Big sharpy in center, name|#|weight

I find myself constantly having to go back and reapply faded ink on the inner rims of my discs

Plastic type and weight in the little circle around the nipple. If it doesn't have a flight rating on the top, I write it on the back below the circle around the nipple.

Name and number on the rim, and a custom dye so I know it's mine. I have gotten back 3 discs this year from checkers that don't call, but I can tell its one from a distance away. Love the look on the faces when I come to grab my disc. One kid had two of mine so I got him to give them back and took two of his for two weeks to teach him a lesson. He has turned out to be a great ambassador of the sport and fun to shoot with.

I write my user name, email address and disc weight on the underside of the flight plate with a dark-coloured Sharpie marker.

I'm not fussed if my disc is marked all over with ink, it doesn't affect my play.

I used to write on the rim, but it would wear off and then I'd have to keep re-writing.
Now around the nipple in the middle, I write; first, last, weight (after weighing myself) and PDGA number. All in a circle. Under that is my cell#. I have had discs returned. Even had a chucker call me and return a CE FX! He got a CryZtal Buzzz in return (he picked it). I'll also put aces on the underside; course name, hole #, distance and date. Also the amount of money won (if a tourney ace).

opaque discs I write on the back of the flight plate name and number

clear discs i write the same on the rim.

Man, you shoulda made this a poll where you could click multiple options..
Inside rim; name, phone, email, weight, PDGA #
I started doing the email thing when I tried to call a guy and his phone number didnt work, so I emailed him and returned the disc.

When I first started playing...I would put my name and number on the flight plate. Then lost two and never heard anything for about two months. Then someone called me that lives about 2 hrs from me wanting to return then disc. Just told them keep it and thanks for calling.

Now I just put my initials on the rim...and I dye my discs now. Lucky I don't lose to many if any discs any more.

I always put my Name, E-Mail & City on my disc. Some of my favorites have reward info if returned.

It depends on the plastic to where I ink my disk...

If it's a DX or Star disc I'll write large on the plate because someone is less likely to try and keep a disc if the info is easy to spot from a distance. I used to draw the same graphic on underside but I haven't done that for years.

Clear plastics I'll ink the on the inside or bottom of the rim.

I hope a cop finds your disc(s):doh: ..hilarious though lol

I'm in Cali so not a huge prob and my Dad's a cop lol. He never says anything to me but I know deep down I am pissing him off.

Last edited:
I don't ink any of my discs anymore.

If I'm unfortunate enough to lose one, I have no delusions that it'll be returned just because my name and number are on it.

You find it, it's yours.

I usually start with my initials in silver Sharpie when I'm testing a disc, then I add my email if it's staying in the bag. After I know it's staying for good and it's nice and seasoned I let my two year old scribble on them. No one wants to keep that but me.

I ink right on top.
Discs usually land facing up and the intent of the rule is to prevent confusion. Once a disc has made my bag a have no intentionbof trading it. The discs in my bag are so sweet that a buyer would look past the ink.