• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where and what do you write on your discs?

I ink every disc I get, pretty much. Bro. Dave or BrotherDave and my cell # alongside the inside of the rim, neat and small. It's almost a superstition b/c I've lost more uninked discs than not. Besides, even if you find my disc and decide to pilfer it, you should be honored to have something bearing my mark. ;)

I'm actually more surprised by the number of discs I've tried to return but never got phoned back. :confused: I guess those were "lost" on purpose.

based on conversations i've had with another disc golfer who puts his gf's name down on discs.. from now on i will put a girls name on my discs with my phone number.

based on conversations i've had with another disc golfer who puts his gf's name down on discs.. from now on i will put a girls name on my discs with my phone number.

When my gf buys me discs she puts her name and my number. Needless to say those are the only discs I've ever lost and been called back about. All the rest with my name where stolen.

BD said:
I'm actually more surprised by the number of discs I've tried to return but never got phoned back. I guess those were "lost" on purpose.

For real. Man, I call on every disc I find and more than half the time I get no answer, no voicemail, or no callback. Sometimes on sweet discs. :confused:

What the hell is the point of inking your discs if you're not going to claim them when people call you to return them? :doh: :confused:

I had someone's who's first ace disc I found. It even said on the back "This was the first disc I aced with, I'd appreciate a call." Called him immediately, no answer, texted him, said he couldn't meet up today but tomorrow he could. Texted him tomorrow, no response. Waited a week, called him, nothing. Thought that was odd. I've had tons of people not pick up but that guy knew I had his first ace disc and apparently just didn't care.

Name and # in fine Sharpie on inner rim. Reapply as necessary. I dye some, and don't expect those to come back.
I've had exactly one text on a lost DX Wraith. I replied, thanking them for the courtesy. I text to every one that I find. It's only right. I carry and use a retriever, so that occurs often. Only returned a couple.
Ink all over is ugly. I won't throw that. Didn't you want it back?

Initials and cell # on the inside rim.

Last disc I found had a phone number written in big letters on the underside in what looked to be very fresh ink. Call the number, guy picks up, ecstatic. "No one's ever called me before!" I assume he meant returned a disc. Heh. Dude shows up to mi casa the next day, I hand him the disc, he hands me two 24oz. Racer 5s. That's good Sonoma County IPA for you non-Californians. Mmm hmm.

Called another guy up about a Sidewinder I'd found on top of a basket. No one was even around to claim it at the course. Guy didn't have a local area code, but I rang it up anyway. He was in the Pinto Lakes area, said he hadn't seen that disc in a lonnng time. Keep it, he said.

Golf people are good people.

I write free new disc as reward if returned to: then my name and number. I usually give someone 20 dollars if they return a ce disc of mine, most others a free disc of there choosing out of one of my sales boxes.

I don't like my name and number on the rim so I put it in the Innova stamp on champ disc so you cant see it from the top but you can when you flip it over its there. Its kind of my signature around here.

On my star cros its just written on the underside.

I ink right on top.
Discs usually land facing up and the intent of the rule is to prevent confusion
. Once a disc has made my bag a have no intentionbof trading it. The discs in my bag are so sweet that a buyer would look past the ink.

^This
Name and PDGA number on rim... TPRO on top of all discs except putters... ill get it back if someone who knows me finds it, otherwise its gone. H*ll I only look for discs a couple of minutes anyways.... Just plastic.

i write on the bottom of the flight plate

i write my last name in capital letters, but small, right above where the name of the mold + weight are inked (on innova discs) so its int he middle of the disc. under that i write my phone number. then, off to the right, i'll draw the hiero symbol (current avatar) and write either "FUNK" or "MEDIFUNK" on it. some discs have "treehanda" written on them, as was a nickname i was given that sort of stuck in a couple circles of friends

basically, all of my discs have at least the heiro symbol on them so you can tell whos it is

Name, number, and scaled weight on the rim. I have called every disc I've found with info on it and I have NEVER had anyone return the favor. Haven't gotten a call ever on a lost disc. Just the wrong people finding them I guess. I have a friend that on more than one occasion has seen someone playing with one of his discs and walked up and snatched it right out of their hands. None of them ever say anything! I'm still waiting to do the same thing on a brand new pink Zone that was accidentally dropped and left by a practice basket 30 feet from a disc return box. As*ho*es!

Name and Ph#, on the rim.
Apparently, I must be writing it in an unknown language, because nobody seems to be able to read it.
Maybe that explains why the last three discs I've lost were never returned.:\

i'm telling ya, put down a sexy girls name and you'll get way more callbacks.

My nickname and DGCR#. I've only truly lost one disc and that was at Paw Paw on The Whippin Post. A fellow DGCR member found it and sent me a PM. I thanked him and let him keep it.

Latest posts