• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where are you going in 2022?

Lined up my New England roadtrip.

Sat 24t (ON): Stones Throw
Sun 25th (VT): Black Falls + Smuggs Brewster & Fox
Mon 26th (ME): Sabattus Eagle & Hawk, Pineland Patriot
Tue 27th (NH): Salmon Falls, Woods at Beauty Hill Lynx, Otter Creek in NH

Head to DC to visit daughter...
Wed 28th (PA): Tyler East/West + Muddy Run
Thu 29th (DC/MD): Patapsco??
Sat 31st: RFK Popup?

Hopeful I'll be able to get 3 rounds a day in, with days getting shorter and being much further east in the time zone. Will need to get some early starts.

nice trip planned. I think all of Sabbutus is worth playing as well as Pineland and Beauty Hill

I played Diavolo outside of Raleigh today, it's in my top 10 and wondering why I haven't heard much about it from others?

I played Diavolo outside of Raleigh today, it's in my top 10 and wondering why I haven't heard much about it from others?

Shhh! You not supposed to say that!
You don't want everyone flocking there! :doh:

That's the raison d'être for homer reviews, where meh courses get 5's, and "reviews with an ax to grind," where great courses get 2's and 3's.

Gotta throw the dogs off the scent, by routing people to mediocre courses, and away from the great ones. ;)

nice trip planned. I think all of Sabbutus is worth playing as well as Pineland and Beauty Hill

I hit everything I originally planned on, plus these:
Sabattus-Owl
Pineland-Minuteman
Woods at Beauty Hill-Cougar
Two Mile Run Extension ... best niner I've ever played.

19 courses in total. I'm wiped.

Looks like we will be taking a van trip to Texas this fall. . .

Whoops, looks like we are heading to Wisconsin instead. Heading north just in time for short days and cold weather is not ideal, but I hope to hit some good courses along the way.

I will probably start a dedicated thread because folks have offered excellent suggestions on previous trips . . . :)

My road trip in the last week: Devou in KY (near Cincy) - walked it but didn't play, posted pix here though.
Harmony Bends in MO yesterday, Foundation in Centralia, IL today, a Peoria course tomorrow and Camden II on Thursday.
1500+ miles so far and then back to the east coast next week via a route TBD.

Headed up to Green Bay Sunday to bag some courses if anyone wants to play a round.

My road trip in the last week: Devou in KY (near Cincy) - walked it but didn't play, posted pix here though.
Harmony Bends in MO yesterday, Foundation in Centralia, IL today, a Peoria course tomorrow and Camden II on Thursday.
1500+ miles so far and then back to the east coast next week via a route TBD.

Added Boylan Acres (Arduous) and Caeser Ford the last 2 days, I'm exhausted.

I'm limping my way to 200 courses played (7 left) and have a few days off in the coming weeks. Probably going to bag some local crap 9ers (they keep popping up!) to get close and then hit something good for #200.

Contenders for #200 (roughly in order of driving time):
Rogers Lakewood
Lake Arvesta
Wilderness
----------- Below this line, we are getting out of day trip range. These will likely need to wait for 2023.
Wildcat Bluff
Eagles Crossing
Harmony Bends

Weather forecast will play a role in decision making, but Wilderness is my top choice at the moment. I don't know how I've neglected to play Rogers Lakewood for so long, but it will probably need to wait.

I'm limping my way to 200 courses played (7 left) and have a few days off in the coming weeks. Probably going to bag some local crap 9ers (they keep popping up!) to get close and then hit something good for #200.

Rogers Lakewood
Lake Arvesta
Wilderness
----------- Below this line, we are getting out of day trip range. These will likely need to wait for 2023.
Wildcat Bluff
Eagles Crossing
Harmony Bends

Weather forecast will play a role in decision making, but Wilderness is my top choice at the moment. I don't know how I've neglected to play Rogers Lakewood for so long, but it will probably need to wait.

the bottom list looks better

the bottom list looks better

100% agreed. Just not sure an overnight is in the cards.

Top 3 are the best ones I haven't played within comfortable day trip range. Wilderness at about 6 hours round trip is pushing it, but likely worth it. Wildcat would be an 8 hour round trip.

Arvesta is tempting because it's 4 hour round trip and a long course that I wouldn't likely play on a family trip.

Rogers Lakewood
Lake Arvesta
Wilderness
Wildcat Bluff
Eagles Crossing
Harmony Bends

I am thinking bout tryna get to EC before the end of the year as well... Wildcat will be in its 30 hole winter layout if you make it over there. A lot of shorter holes but still has plenty of teeth out there, unlike some courses that go into a super short winter layout (looking at you Camden II).

Some good tips there. I wasn't aware of the winter layout at Wildcat or that Camden II goes all shorts for the winter. You probably saved me or another bagger some serious disappointment.

Set a personal best in 2022 by hitting 65 "new to me" courses so far (9 of which were highest ranked in their state, or tied for it).

Hitting another four before the year ends when I head back down to see Mamma Bogey (including highest rating in FL: Green Gauntlet). Won't have much free time this trip, but....

Thanks to Wells' post about Moose's review of the linked course, I realized this could be a quick and interesting detour off I-75. :)

....and a great way for me to push my total to 70 for the year. :D

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/mobile/reviews.php?id=13610&page=1&sort=date_desc&mode=rev#91636

Last edited:
Whoops, looks like we are heading to Wisconsin instead.

We did travel to Wisconsin, bagging 10 courses before Spousal Unit broke her leg in Milwaukee. :eek:

Consequently we drove straight back home to MD. And no, I was not willing to ask her to sit in a cold car with a broken leg while I bagged courses on the way home. :rolleyes:

So 70 new courses this year, which was less than I had hoped but still my second-best annual total. Looking forward to 2023. :D

So 70 new courses this year, which was less than I had hoped but still my second-best annual total. Looking forward to 2023. :D

That's cool and everything. The question we all want to know is how many NEW courses did red dog bag this year? :D

How's the spousal unit healing up? It was a pleasure meeting Mrs. Monocacy. She was a gem.

That's cool and everything. The question we all want to know is how many NEW courses did red dog bag this year? :D

Heh. Red Dog probably bagged 60 courses last year, for a lifetime total of 191 courses in 34 states. Her 2023 goal is to pass 200 courses and 38 states. :D

Red Dog was disappointed to miss some good courses last year, including Sabattus - Eagle and Owl in Maine, and Lake Marshall - Lions, Forest Valley, New London Tech, Walnut Creek, and a couple others in Virginia.

How's the spousal unit healing up? It was a pleasure meeting Mrs. Monocacy. She was a gem.

Mrs. Monocacy is on the mend, thanks for asking! She got a bunch of new hardware in her leg, which made for a pretty wild X-ray and may complicate going through airport metal detectors. :rolleyes:

Latest posts