• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where are you going in 2022?

Sandpoint ID? This is news to me :popcorn:

There's going to be a second course at Caliber at some point, not sure if you heard. I don't know when it'll be completed, but something to keep in mind. I think I told you, but there's a Makoshika upper too. It was tone poles last I heard, but supposedly will be baskets at some point. And if you're driving over there you best plan for the X this time.

That being said, none of that is going to live up to that epic central WI trip :p

im still in the works of tryin to find camping up there but its looking lovely

ive been talkin to paul and he said i can play that one too but its going to be rough as hes still putting the finishing touches on it (honestly ill probably like it better if it plays a rougher)

wut no i didnt hear about makoshika having tone poles when was this installed and is the map on udisc i didnt see one on here listed

haha the x is going to break up the drive and i thought about playin makoshika again since i love the experience

kinda shot myself in the foot as i hit up most nd courses so i cant break up the drive up 94 now by baggin new courses right off the interstate

Mostly staying local but probably make more of an effort to play the mountain courses more than I have been.

Later in the year when winter sets in my wife and I may pick a warm destination to get away and play but we don't plan things out that far ahead.

Hopefully to visit my youngest daughter and her family at Ft. Riley, KS. I'll plan a couple of extra days so I can stop by Emporia, visit Dynamic Discs shop and play some of the courses.

Oh wow I am really stoned I totally thought you were from Green Bay because of your profile pic lol. I was gonna ask about that private 9er called Buckrub.. do you really have to be a PDGA ranked player to play there? And yea, I definitely am gonna make my way out west eventually. Probably gonna start bagging all the courses in south west Wisconsin even though there don't seem to be that many then work my way up to Menomonie/Eau Claire area.

If you ever swing up towards Green Bay, I'd gladly show you around. I'd be down to meet at the Ridge or Winter Park. Green Bay's best course is Pamprin followed by Pinecrest. I have a private course https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=3471 and have done a bit of designing around my home area that I'd happily show you around as well. Options are almost endless.

If you ever swing up towards Green Bay, I'd gladly show you around. I'd be down to meet at the Ridge or Winter Park. Green Bay's best course is Pamprin followed by Pinecrest. I have a private course https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=3471 and have done a bit of designing around my home area that I'd happily show you around as well. Options are almost endless.

Hell yea man. I was gonna PM you eventually about your private 9er. I'm making a trip to Curiousfarmer's course down south west in March so definitely wanna try to play all the private owned courses in the state this year.

Thanks, biscoe! Montross BBQ joint is apparently closed at present. Added Dr. Ho's Humble Pie (great name), NN Burger, and Two Fish Bistro to the itinerary. Also hoping to hit HammerDown Barbecue in Aldie. Have you ever tried ZZQ Texas Craft BBQ in Richmond?

I prefer Waller Mill to NQ but both are worth playing and not far apart.

Definitely plan to hit Waller Mill and New Quarter, maybe add Hampton 9 if time.

Barbecue Exchange a few minutes away in Gordonsville is top notch

Barbecue Exchange is definitely on my list.

Roanoke/Lynchburg- lots of good courses in that general area with even more on the way.

Even more on the way? Do tell, if you can. Any likely to be playable this year? :D

wut no i didnt hear about makoshika having tone poles when was this installed and is the map on udisc i didnt see one on here listed

haha the x is going to break up the drive and i thought about playin makoshika again since i love the experience

Yeah, there's a map on Udisc for it. It was there when we were but my dumbass didn't notice it 😡

You'll love the X. The most unique course I've ever played. Such a cool experience. I'm guessing you'll play Blue mountain and Farragut too?

Yeah, there's a map on Udisc for it. It was there when we were but my dumbass didn't notice it 😡

You'll love the X. The most unique course I've ever played. Such a cool experience. I'm guessing you'll play Blue mountain and Farragut too?

absolutely

i dont expect farragut to be amazing but respectable

hit up some crappy courses around spokane and maybe venture down into oregon to check that state off however ill need to go back to wa and or to explore it proper

do some mtb in the panhandle

hit up blue mountain on the way there or on the way back

other courses are just bonus

anything i should hit up or avoid

i dont expect farragut to be amazing but respectable

^ Sounds about right. I enjoyed the Farragut courses that we played (A.W.O.L., Wreckreator, and Little Black Bear). Sandpoint is located between Caliber and Farragut and well worth a spin.

hit up some crappy courses around spokane . . .

Corbin Park is a fun woodsy short course on the way to Spokane, and Rocky Ridge is an enjoyable backyard (literally) course. The Four Mound courses are well worth playing if available (need to check with the owners).

Camp Sekani Jamboree sounded fun but I did not get a chance to play it. Might be mountain biking there, too.

Sounds like a great trip, have fun.

anything i should hit up or avoid

Couldn't tell ya. I've never planned anything out thoroughly enough that far yet. Monocacy seemed to sum it up pretty good though. Now I'm curious though. I'll have to look later.

^ Sounds about right. I enjoyed the Farragut courses that we played (A.W.O.L., Wreckreator, and Little Black Bear). Sandpoint is located between Caliber and Farragut and well worth a spin.

Corbin Park is a fun woodsy short course on the way to Spokane, and Rocky Ridge is an enjoyable backyard (literally) course. The Four Mound courses are well worth playing if available (need to check with the owners).

Camp Sekani Jamboree sounded fun but I did not get a chance to play it. Might be mountain biking there, too.

Sounds like a great trip, have fun.

thank you and wish listed and ill see you around october

Thanks, biscoe! Montross BBQ joint is apparently closed at present. Added Dr. Ho's Humble Pie (great name), NN Burger, and Two Fish Bistro to the itinerary. Also hoping to hit HammerDown Barbecue in Aldie. Have you ever tried ZZQ Texas Craft BBQ in Richmond?

I have not been to ZZQ personally but everyone I know who has says it is great.

Even more on the way? Do tell, if you can. Any likely to be playable this year? :D

I spent yesterday at a site outside of Christiansburg that will house 2 courses with top 10 in VA potential. The first of them will definitely be playable some time this year if all the red tape (they are part of a complex with a lot of aspects to it) goes as planned, hopefully some time late Spring. Goal is to have the design done within a month. I compare the land to Hawk Hollow dropped on a mountain valley.

I'm going to try and make it down to the Ozarks for a weekend trip in the next couple of months. It will be a bit of a drive for 2 days of discing but I'm hoping it will be worth it.

Moving to MKE in the spring/early summer for work so will be actually able to bag every Wisconsin course this year ;)

I live in central WI and can guide you on some of them, Standing Rocks, Yulga, Eagle Pines, North Woods, Big Eau Pleine etc. I also have a private course you can play, its a target course and a bit rough yet since I just started on it last year but your welcome to try it.

I live in central WI and can guide you on some of them, Standing Rocks, Yulga, Eagle Pines, North Woods, Big Eau Pleine etc. I also have a private course you can play, its a target course and a bit rough yet since I just started on it last year but your welcome to try it.

Definitely man. I've bagged most of the courses in the Stevens Point area except for Standing Rocks and I still have yet to play BEP, Northwoods or Eagle Pines so will definitely be hitting you and wolfhaley up when I make it out that way this summer.

The temps have not been above freezing (for any length of time that matters, anyway) for about 2-1/2 months. Normally, not a huge issue for me because I used to travel for work. Once I was out & about, I would play a round in whatever weather. Now that I don't get out for work, I haven't played since December. This has been the longest I've gone without playing a single round in about 10 years.
So, it's time to take a week off (next week!!) & I am getting the hell out of Dodge. Gonna find me some warm weather.
Last year it was Phoenix. Year before that Cincinnati (it was warmer than Mich.) A few years before that, it was Bowling Green, KY (and there was snow on the ground when I arrived. Not cool).
This year, I'm still up in the air, but I am leaning towards heading to Charlotte, NC, and hitting a few top rated courses betwixt here (Grand Rapids) and there.

Looking like a Kansas City trip in March to get out of this frozen state for a few days. BBQ and disc golf should do the trick. Cant wait to play Water Works again and check out some new courses in the area.

Possible Kentucky trip in June. Idlewild in nice weather should be awesome, was pretty damn great in November. :) Distilleries and disc golf always welcome.

In March I'm going up the I-4 corridor, starting in the Orlando area and working my way to Daytona. Planned stops include BFP, Barnett, DeBary and Tuscawilla. On the way back to Ft Lauderdale I'll hit a couple of courses.

If MLB gets their heads out of their a$$e$ I'd like to go to Cincinnati and play Idlewild and Mt. Airy.

I'm doing a couple of days in the Nashville area (Cedar Hill and Seven Springs) and a week in the Lehigh Valley (Kelly, AGA Preserve) this year as well.

Hoping my son gets a junior worlds invite, if so my year looks like this through July

January : Central California
February : Northern California
March : Arizona
April : Southern California
May : Catalina Island
June: Southern California beaches
July: Peoria Illinois