• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where are you going in 2024?

Another possible trip: for 2024 Worlds a group of us may stay at a buddy's house near Lynchburg VA. We have all known each other since elementary school so this should be fun.

I need to do some research on spectating Worlds, but I have already started planning a week long bagging trip in the area. 😁

Last edited:
It's that time of year again. Let's hear where you're heading in 2024. Any and all trips. Long trips, day trips, whatever. Let's hear it. This is always one of my favorite threads to peruse each year.

Personally, I'm thinking about heading down to Louisville KY in April to get away from the freezing nonsense up my way at that time of year. Looks to be some pretty solid courses down that way. Plus I've played less than 20 courses in IN and KY combined. May try to check out Holler in the Hills, even though I know it's a shell of it's former glory. I'd also be able to hit the top rated one in IN on that trip too, Prides Creek Park.

Then in May or June I'm thinking Portland OR and the surrounding area. Again, lots of good looking options out that way. I'd be able to add a couple states in OR and WA and just play some golf in a pretty awesome and new to me place. Should be able to hit course #1000 on this trip too.

Anyway, where are YOU going in 2024?
If you are going to try Holler in the Hills, stop by Wolf Knob DGC. Wolf Knob opened in 2022 and was designed by John Houck. It is off the north boundary of Mammoth Cave National Park.

If you are going to try Holler in the Hills, stop by Wolf Knob DGC. Wolf Knob opened in 2022 and was designed by John Houck. It is off the north boundary of Mammoth Cave National Park.

Thanks! That one was not on my radar, and will work well with keeping the trip fun for my spouse as well. Extra bonus that it is just over three hours from home.

I really liked Wolf Knob when I played it in August. Fun woods course with some good elevation change.

No concrete plans. Honestly, if I wrap up Orange and Riverside counties, I'll be happy. Should get a couple in Philadelphia in January and I have a short trip to MSP in the back of my mind as well.

in 2024, I will be doing as many day trips as I can as long as my manager stays working for me. He gave me notice he will be leaving in 2024, just not when.

So I will do as many day trips as I can till he leaves.

I have covered nearly 300 courses this year and nearly 30K miles driven. I will have a total at the end of the year and may make a post about it here when I do my yearly recap on facebook.

I'd also be able to hit the top rated one in IN on that trip too, Prides Creek Park.

Anyway, where are YOU going in 2024?
I think you are going to like Prides Creek. I was lucky to play there at AmWorlds 2022. The extra added OB ate me alive, but the course was so well manicured and lovely to look at. Plus, I haven't played at a course with so many water features before or since! What it lacks in tree cover the course compensates with water cover. Bring along some discs that you won't mind losing.

As for 2024, I intend to be in the Lake Erie area for that upcoming total solar eclipse on April 8. I'll play as many courses as I can that way and back. Later on in one of the summer months, I hope to take a full week off from work to explore the DelMarVa peninsula. Beyond that, it's anybody's guess.

Pride's Creek has just enough going on to make it a fun course. Open enough to encourage drivers, but enough trees (or at least well-placed trees) to make you really hit your lines, without any single hole being truly "well-wooded." Enough elevation to make things interesting, without any hills you'd hate to drag a cart up or or down. Plus a few holes where the lake comes into play.

It's a pretty course with grassy hills, mature trees, and scenic lake views.

Definitely good discing, but IMHO a little overrated at 4.5. I can see it making Indiana's top 10, but not #1 in the state.

Just this fool's opinion.

Last edited:
Pride's Creek has just enough going on to make it a fun course. Open enough to encourage drivers, but enough trees (or at least well-placed trees) to make you really hit your lines, without any single hole being truly "well-wooded." Enough elevation to make things interesting, without any hills you'd hate to drag a cart up or or down. Plus a few holes where the lake comes into play.

But it is a pretty couse with grassy hills, mature trees, and nice lake views.

Definitely good discing, but IMHO a bit overrated at 4.5. I can see it making Indiana's top 10, but not #1 in the state.

Just this fool's opinion.

This is kinda what I was thinking. It's not really my ideal looking course by any means, but It's about damn time I hit the top rated course in IN. I'm more excited about most of the other courses I have penciled in for that trip tbh. I'll just be happy to get out of the awful central WI weather in April so anything will work.

This is kinda what I was thinking. It's not really my ideal looking course by any means, but It's about damn time I hit the top rated course in IN. I'm more excited about most of the other courses I have penciled in for that trip tbh. I'll just be happy to get out of the awful central WI weather in April so anything will work.
I hear you. In Apr '22, I took a long weekend to hit as many of Indiana's Top 10 as I could comfortably fit because ....well, that's what we do, right? 😃

IIRC I played Hazel Landing, Ceraland, Deer Run, Brown County Country Club, Pride's, Creek, Patoka Lake, Seviren Lang (plus some some pitch-n-putt elementary school niner that was just convenient to bag), then played Charlie Vettiner and Hidden Ridge, before heading home.

Ithaca NY area, probably continue the annual trips to Eastern TN, Prodigy factory trip to Georgia, probably Raleigh area for Selinske, Idlewild maybe?, pipe dream of Alaska State Fair.

Also couple trips up to Paw Paw and several to Lake Marshall but those are semi-local.
If you're going to Idlewild let me know. I'll meet you there.

For anyone that might be in the southeastern part of IN, may I recommend you get in touch with Josh and Cheryl at Cedar Grove while you're in the area? Unique private course is all I can say. Not lengthy, but fun and challenging to score really well. He keeps tweaking the design to create risk/rewards if you hit -his- intended lines. However, note that, if you insist on length or hyzers only, this isn't the course for you.

Meanwhile, I'm not sure where I'll be traveling for 2024. Probably overnight trips in OH-KY-IN, and maybe along routes to see our kids (in central NY, in Ontario, and especially in NM: the grandkids are there!). 2025 will include the National Senior Games in DeMoines!

It'll be a smaller year with the little one around (likely only 10 or so courses again like this year), but a personal priority is to get out to visit some friends in Burlington in 2024, so the Smuggler's Notch courses could be the highlights of 2024 for me.

A couple local pals and I are also starting to do one or two smaller weekend trips a year, and the first one will include The Canyons since they haven't played it yet, but I'll get to play Northwoods Blue for the first time since 2012 and Northwoods Black for the first time. If we do another weekend, KC, a second Cincinnati run, or more Chicago/Peoria could be possible for me.

More locally, I'll also be trying to play the new Eagles Crossing course as well, though I'm not paying $60+ to play both. I don't factor cost into my course ratings, but my mild take for 2024 is that Wild Times won't feel anywhere worth the cost to play.

Wrapping up all of the Wisconsin courses.. hopefully. And the UP.. although it's pretty hard to do that when courses constantly keep popping up out of the blue. I'd love to get a trip in to Flip City as well as the nice ones down in Missouri. Maybe next December I'll go back home to Texas and bag some courses more courses in the city I grew up in and got my start playing the game.

It's crazy seeing how many courses are in the Houston area now. I really wish I would've played the Jim Mazoula Bayou (RIP) course which I'm sure I would've lost a ton of discs playing back then as well as all the Tom Bass Park courses. I think there was like 3 of them at one point and now I believe it's down to only one at that park.

It's crazy seeing how many courses are in the Houston area now. I really wish I would've played the Jim Mazoula Bayou (RIP) course which I'm sure I would've lost a ton of discs playing back then as well as all the Tom Bass Park courses. I think there was like 3 of them at one point and now I believe it's down to only one at that park.
Yea, I live 4 hours away and can't keep up. I have enough new courses down there to make a day of it again.

Tom Bass is now a single course, not using any of the OG courses holes. It's boring to tell the truth and the tee pads had to be temporary so they are just wood and turf.

Brooks is pretty nice, I enjoyed the regular course, have no had a chance to play the Gold course yet, I believe they will eventually get it in the ground instead of just for tournaments.

The one they used for Texas States a few years ago got pulled too, the city sold the property back to another company that opened up the golf course again. To bad, that was a decent course with the best hole 18 I have ever played.

Yea, I live 4 hours away and can't keep up. I have enough new courses down there to make a day of it again.

Tom Bass is now a single course, not using any of the OG courses holes. It's boring to tell the truth and the tee pads had to be temporary so they are just wood and turf.

Brooks is pretty nice, I enjoyed the regular course, have no had a chance to play the Gold course yet, I believe they will eventually get it in the ground instead of just for tournaments.

The one they used for Texas States a few years ago got pulled too, the city sold the property back to another company that opened up the golf course again. To bad, that was a decent course with the best hole 18 I have ever played.

Are you talking about Evergreen Flyways in Baytown? If so, then yea I'm pretty bummed I never got to play that one. I had a good group of friends from Baytown who I haven't seen in years but there's always Jenkins Park which I heard is a solid 3/3.5.

The OG Jack Brooks course is the one I got my start playing and I really can't wait to come back and play it again. I absolutely hated the newer second wooded course they added but now that I'm somewhat decent and have had plenty of wooded practice living in Wisconsin, I'm sure I'll love it.

I remember my friends debating if we all should drive across town to TC Jester but we decided against it and ultimately went and betted on greyhounds then went to Jack Brooks right next door lol.

Been doing a DG - minor league baseball trip to Cedar Rapids the last several years. Love to go again, but thinking a return to Preserve and more Twin Cities DG might be the ticket, Can get my MiLB fix in St. Paul, or the Northwoods summer league.