• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where do you get rusty?

BrotherDave

Crushing on Zoe and Hating on Keegan
Diamond level trusted reviewer
After taking 3 months for my arm to heal I was mildly surprised how quick I picked up the game again and get back to form. I lost about 25-50 feet off my RHBH but I'm slowly getting it back. Putting, well that is pretty consistently inconsistent as it always is. Forehand? Ugh. Rust city. So, what part of your game is most rust prone?

why did you have to take off three months? fh and putting were the hardest for me when i took off 8 months....

and i want you to know that it took me about 2-3 extra minutes to write this bc i was getting distracted by your avatar....f'n a.d.h.d

For me it is my accuracy. It seems since I started playing disc golf during the winter/(when in school) I end up not playing. This past year I didn't play from August till May (started back again a week before my first tourney this year lol). While my distance and snap took a while to get back even after the big break I could throw my rocs straight as an arrow. I had to take my TeeRex's out of my bag but luckily they are back now.

why did you have to take off three months? fh and putting were the hardest for me when i took off 8 months....

and i want you to know that it took me about 2-3 extra minutes to write this bc i was getting distracted by your avatar....f'n a.d.h.d

I came down with some tendinitis/pinched nerve something or other. Queue masturbation jokes...Now.

my fh game was always rusty, so I cut it out.

If I want to go right, I'll take a beast or sidewinder out.

I have cut 2-3 strokes off my game by doing this.

but in general, my driving accuracy drops off most when I don't play.

My mental game is the worst part of not playing for a while.

I'll think that I can do certain things, but I can only do those things if i've been throwing a lot. For instance, i'll take out a destroyer for a distance drive and it will just hyzer all day because my snap is bad. Or i'll throw a buzzz forehand and forget that I have no accuracy forehand unless i've been practicing with it, because my arm is still so use to ultimate discs. So i'll pull out the buzz and hit the first tree I see.

cmon we wouldnt do that...riggghhhhtt??:D
you do know how you get tendinitis right?...
lemme guess, your right hand....tish tish, and he wonders why....

hey you set yourself up, what can i say;)

Somewhere, there is a clown crying because of your comment.

When I took 7 months off, my putting and driving distance didn't suffer, but my accuracy and approach finesse did. Things like knowing how hard to throw when doing 150-300 feet out approaches, I would get to a 300 foot hole and throw either 250 or 350. Whoops.

Putting.....but then again right now I'm in a slump with it. Used to be at 25' or in I was deadly...about 90% or higher. Now I'm like at 70%. Just need to get out and practice more!

I had a back injury earlier this year and had to take 6 weeks off. When I started again, my putting was terrible, though it came back quickly with lots of practice. My approach game seemed about the same, but my drives lost a little distance and accuracy. That took a little longer to get back, but after a couple weeks I felt like I was playing at the level I was before I got hurt.

I was out of circulation for six months last year with pneumonia and when I played my first round after that I was weak as a kitten. Played VERY slow (mid-week) but did pretty good - a lot better than I expected. Overall I find that I get rusty when I don't play for a week, but after a round or two I'm back in form.

i swear i play pretty well after a layoff - you basically lose your bad habits you get from playing so often. not like i was tearing it up before layoffs but havent seen a huge drop.

When I took 7 months off, my putting and driving distance didn't suffer, but my accuracy and approach finesse did. Things like knowing how hard to throw when doing 150-300 feet out approaches, I would get to a 300 foot hole and throw either 250 or 350. Whoops.

Driving accuracy and control. I lose my feel and my form for my drives gets rusty. Not neccessarily a lot of D, but my control goes out the window.

Well, I just picked it up this summer, but we'll see what part of me is rusty because I'm returning to school... don't think I'm going to have much time to play. maybe a few weekends here and there, god... engineering will be the death of my disc golf, lol

I was out of circulation for six months last year with pneumonia and when I played my first round after that I was weak as a kitten. Played VERY slow (mid-week) but did pretty good - a lot better than I expected. Overall I find that I get rusty when I don't play for a week, but after a round or two I'm back in form.

haha, weak as a kitten, I lol'd :)

the only way i would ever take any time off is if The Man locked me up, even then i would play in my head all day and probably come out with the strongest mental game and ability to visualize. Imagine how good you would be at putting if you had one putter in prison and the only thing you had to do all day was putt at a spot on the wall. I was at a mini one night when i had just started playing, this guy shows up that everyone knew, he had just gotten out of prison, had been there two years. He hits the ace on his second hole, takes down 1250$ and is never seen again. ha ha