• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

where do you miss your putts?

Where do you miss the majority of your putts?

• Total voters
In tournaments I miss everything outside five feet low due to pucker factor. One of the great mysteries of DG is how to overcome putting pucker factor during a tournament. Pucker factor is fun to say and write in forums. I can's stop thinking about pucker factor. Pucker factor... Pucker factor... Pucker factor...Pucker factor...Pucker factor...Pucker factor...

Consistently missing is worse than missing consistently. If you miss left over and over, you can usually correct it with one thing ( moving your back foot to square up better ). If your missing all over the place, then get your drives close.

the secret to making putts is consistency.......... be consistant in your stance, your grip, your breathing, and only use one type of putter for practice AND game. If you play with an Aviar, buy 3-4 more for the practice basket.

I've had my own basket for 12+ years and for the first 5 years, i had 3 Aviars, 3 Magnets, and two 76 Softies for practice. The only thing i got out of practice was a sore back from picking discs up off the GROUND.

I like the answer, "Ha, I don't miss putts." I wish that were true most of the time. Usually by the last 9 of 36 holes in a day I either will start hitting the front of the basket or like today I start hitting the top where the chains hang down from. I like the ones that go in best though.

Me too!!! I putt with a 175 TeeBird when the wind is super strong. Glad to know I am not alone. I am honored that I have something in common with the great DGCRer Donovan!

OMG! I am glad to know someone else does that too, but bro you got to layoff the "great" stuff, it gives me the HeebeeJeebees! :eek:

You can call me bro though! ;)

In tournaments I miss everything outside five feet low due to pucker factor. One of the great mysteries of DG is how to overcome putting pucker factor during a tournament. Pucker factor is fun to say and write in forums. I can's stop thinking about pucker factor. Pucker factor... Pucker factor... Pucker factor...Pucker factor...Pucker factor...Pucker factor...

Just don't switch the two leading letters of that phrase!

:)

The ones that stick in my mind are short. I like the idea of using a chart to record and verify that.

I miss my putts on the disc golf course. Nowhere else. I'm very exclusive that way :D

Seems like I kind of miss short at times and hit the front. Now I am missing more off to the left as I try to put more power behind my throws.

Depending on the distance of the putt. Normally I'm short or I hit the basket (low). It's all a matter of how much risk/reward I can take. Safe bet is to lay-up and be short. It drives me nuts when you go for it and overshoot the basket by 50 feet. Add a stroke or two?

I play a putting game called Pozzy Putting. Throughout a round I'll putt 50 times at the very least, and since I started playing regularly again I've found that I can usually tell if the putt is going in and, if not, where it's gonna miss as soon as it leaves my hands.

This is pretty cool. My friends and I play "around the world" like in basketball. The first shot is rather easy, and every shot gets a little farther/harder than the last. You can only use 2 discs, and if you miss both shots, you have to start all over. It really makes you focus, because it really sucks to have to start again from the beginning, or even worse to have to replay the first shot. lol :doh:

As of yesterday I missed putts anyway possible. I didn't look but was there an all of the above option for the missed putts. By far the worst putting day of my life. I had trouble hitting basket from 10' away. I'm not going to say I'm a good putter but I'm decent and it was just a horrible terrible day for me. Good thing it was only a tourney I had my worst day putting in and not some casual round haha!!