• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where does all the am money go in tournments

Status
Not open for further replies.
I AM doing something. I have been spreading the word, and letting people who don't know; know. Not everybody knows how tournaments operate. Not everybody knows how much discs cost, or have a frame of reference of what AM payouts can be like, or what costs should be, or how much the tournament director is making. He doesn't exactly advertise it.

If you only attend one person's events, then that's all you know. Why attack me? Can't you just agree, and say, "Yeah, what he's doing is wrong."?

Except what you are "letting people know" is unsubstantiated, for one. You are anonymously criticizing a TD without identifying him in the name of "letting people who don't know know". That's really effective. :rolleyes:

Two things would help your argument...one, identify your target. Two, identify yourself. At the very least it lends some credibility to your statements.

But I go back to a question I asked 20 minutes ago. Do you have inside knowledge of what this mystery TD is doing or are you making a ton of assumptions? Specifically, how do you know his costs? How about some concrete examples of where he's over pricing product. The MSRP for $25 when the wholesale is $6 example is already erroneous enough to make me doubt your other judgements.

Ethics, Scruples, etc. Guess we differ on opinion in that regard.

DAMN IT!!!! Making a profit isn't unethical!!!! :wall::wall::wall:

If he lies about it then yes he's being dishonest, but frankly he's under no obligation to explain anything to anyone. If he followed the PDGA guidelines and reporting and didn't break any laws then what's the damn problem?

I'm going to let this one cool down for a bit, personal attacks and insults are not needed here and will lead to infractions. There's some good conversation in this thread, and some good information about how tournaments really work so I'd like to be able to open it back up and have it stay on topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts