• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where is David Wiggins Jr.?

He's playing a doubles tournament near me in a few weeks. He's partnering with a young rising star in our area, Sylus Williams.

Watched the first round of Wiggins and looks like he still is up to his old tricks. Trying to over power putter and mids on holes he probably should go driver on. Glad to see him again though.

Watched the first round of Wiggins and looks like he still is up to his old tricks. Trying to over power putter and mids on holes he probably should go driver on. Glad to see him again though.

I did notice he was throwing his KC Pro Roc when other players were throwing overstable Fairway or even Highspeed drivers. And on the really long turnovers, he was throwing a PD... Rarely was he in a better position by clubbing down to those it seemed.

However, every time he threw that blue P2 putter, it was a GORGEOUS shot, parked under the bucket. His putting looked solid still as well.

From the tourneys I've watched and the times I've seen him in person, it was actually his inaccuracy off the tee that prevented him from the highest echelon. While blessed with ELITE max distance potential, it didn't seem to translate to elite shot-shaping and placement. He is a ton of fun to watch however and his putting is roc solid as well. Would be cool to see him back on the tour again.
I'd blame that on the fact that he barely made it past the age of 20 as a regular tournament golfer. He was already fantastic shot shaper/golfer, in addition to having all the power in the world, when he was really hitting it hard as a high level advanced player at the age of like 16-17. He just didn't stick around in the sport long enough to really build consistency to the level that the guys at the top of the sport have. Be neat to see what'd happen if he spent a few years on tour, focusing on disc golf first.

Didn't he win a Putting World Championship?

He swept the field events in 2013.

Yeah he's got a little too much faith in the roc on low ceiling shots and it bit him a couple of times on the coverage I saw.

My only claim to fame in disc golf is taking him to 3 playoff holes (and losing) in weekly leagues at Johnson Street a few years back.

Ha. I totally left him in the dust at a B-tier in 2007 (he was 12).

I'd blame that on the fact that he barely made it past the age of 20 as a regular tournament golfer. He was already fantastic shot shaper/golfer, in addition to having all the power in the world, when he was really hitting it hard as a high level advanced player at the age of like 16-17. He just didn't stick around in the sport long enough to really build consistency to the level that the guys at the top of the sport have. Be neat to see what'd happen if he spent a few years on tour, focusing on disc golf first.

For real. The talent is definitely there. I'm amazed that Koling is the only one of the six 00s am world champions from NC who has really been able to get a foothold in professional golf.

I think one reason for top Am's from the 00's aren't out there is it was a labor of love. Players had no real reason to believe they'd make a living. Not a good living, just subsistence was questionable.

Every time I see this thread title, I get the theme song stuck in my head from "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?"

I feel like my brain is trolling itself.

It was fun to watch D-Wiggy in the TDTM coverage.

Latest posts