• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where is Simon going.? The definitive poll.

Simon Lizotte destination sponsor

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Everyone, well some people seem fired up on the TSA connection.

If they produced art for the Tilt why not produce the art for MVP sponsored SL discs? I could see that. Why do people think suddenly TSA and MVP will play nice together as far as a mixed bag? I think that's ludicrous, unless there's a merger/acquisition coming but even then I get the impression that MVP/Axiom has a clause where they limit the amount of streamline in pros bags... otherwise their sponsored pros are not throwing gyro which is defeating the point.

EVERYTHING is negotiable. Innova lost Paul essentially because Discraft was willing to give him his own disc line. Sure MVP landed James, and the Holy Shot put them both in the spotlight, but how well have the terra and zenith sold?

I get it, if they're spending the money they want gyro to be the primary focus. However Simon moves the needle A TON, so it'd be silly of them to not entertain any possible scenario that locks a deal in. I think Simon is smart enough to structure a deal that will set him up long after he's done playing. It'll be unique in some way, not just a boat load of cash.

Well it is very close to his house, and I think he has stated his favorite (or top of list) course.

Well that helps. I was just thinking that if he was approached 3 months ago and he won that tournament which was the MVP open it would be a Fitting Place. Junction point of old versus new, highs and lows.

EVERYTHING is negotiable. Innova lost Paul essentially because Discraft was willing to give him his own disc line. Sure MVP landed James, and the Holy Shot put them both in the spotlight, but how well have the terra and zenith sold?

I get it, if they're spending the money they want gyro to be the primary focus. However Simon moves the needle A TON, so it'd be silly of them to not entertain any possible scenario that locks a deal in. I think Simon is smart enough to structure a deal that will set him up long after he's done playing. It'll be unique in some way, not just a boat load of cash.

I'm with you on a lot of this I think he's going to get his own disc line and some kind of an incentive that helps him towards the future. I also think that he's a good company man and he knows what side his bread is buttered on. I just really don't see any kind of cross company collaboration or sponsorship besides just artwork. I'm guessing that whomever it is that approached him approached him with the offer, which was good enough for him to consider on its own... without many alterations and minimal negotiation on his part.

Whatever it was it had to be something pretty sweet to even make him consider it. If the main incentive was a line of disks there is only one company that's really met with manufacturing needs in the last 3 years and could support the demand for assignment line of discs.

I don't know how solid some of these second party manufacturing deals are. look at what Innova did to discmania when supplies are low and times are tough those are the first people to get hurt is the third party Manufacturing I just don't see the type of long-term Security in a smaller company.

You are right though Simon does move the needle pretty far but whatever it is I don't think it's an idea that he cooked up I think it was the one that he was offered

Thought Space produced the artwork for the tilt, zero input on the design.

He said in a recent video that TSA helped him with the design of the disc. Now maybe he meant the design of the artwork and not the disc itself....

I have no idea where Simon is going. He said he wanted something fresh, so that should eliminate legacy manufacturers, especially Innova (since those would be the most stale/already dunnit). I picked MVP since their overmold is reported to be a slightly different animal than the standard disc… that would be the freshest take. I've thrown a dozen or so MVP/Axiom and they're solid. I do wonder about Simon's finesse game. MVP has nothing closely shaped like a P1x. Of course a beat-in Proxy or even Envy is very tasty… just not a P1x.

I think "fresh" just means a different company, not a new company.
I think both Discraft and Innova are in play.
I'm like you...I have no idea! :D

Throwing good vibes Simon's way, I picked up an Eclipse Envy today.

He said in a recent video that TSA helped him with the design of the disc. Now maybe he meant the design of the artwork and not the disc itself....

Thought Space is known for their artwork. Doubt they had anything to do with the design of a Discmania mold.

I'm going with MVP..... wanted to think it might be Discraft, but I think he's going to end up with a different type of contract than Paul and Ricky.... and I'm sure Discraft wouldn't want to ruffle any of Paul's feather.

My second option is some out of the blue new company with some big money backing

lol the YouTube link I posted has Simon saying that TSA did the artwork for the Tilt.

Obviously none of you watched it.

His brother's disc.

I'm pretty sure he said in the same video, that he only brought a handful of discs with him.

Very well could be. He could have left that one out as well on purpose and it got caught on camera as an oversight. He may be trolling a bit. Who knows. All in good fun.

I did notice in his last round with Discmania video around the 7:07 mark ( I am too lazy to post it) that he is "excited for the next couple of days". I imagine there will be an announcement soon.