• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Where to Buy Discs?

Why is it so hard to find discs? I bought a 164g lucid felon a couple of months ago on Ebay, and I love it. I want to buy a spare, but I cannot find one anywhere. Why is it so hard to find discs in the weight and plastic that I want?? Does anyone have any good website recommendations other than:

Ebay
Disc Golf Store
Disc Golf Center

Marshall Street is nice and weighs each disc, plus frequent small discounts with no shipping after $50
Infinite Discs is also good and shows a picture of each disc, and there's a 5-10% discount you can find somewhere on DGCR

Why is it so hard to find discs? I bought a 164g lucid felon a couple of months ago on Ebay, and I love it. I want to buy a spare, but I cannot find one anywhere. Why is it so hard to find discs in the weight and plastic that I want?? Does anyone have any good website recommendations other than:

Ebay
Disc Golf Store
Disc Golf Center

My guess as to why you can't find another 164g lucid felon is that that weight is a total anomaly. I've looked at DGC, Infinite, dynamicdiscs.net, Disc Nation, etc., and I can't find a single example of a Lucid Felon under 166g. I'm pretty sure that is because Dynamic Discs doesn't mold Lucid Felons lighter than that on purpose. I'm sure there are probably more light ones out there, but they are probably quite rare, so good luck actually finding one for sale. There are a number of (unofficial) Facebook groups devoted to Dynamic Discs, and you might try asking around there whether anyone has one that would like to sell it to you. You could also post a wanted thread in the Marketplace here at DGCR. Those are probably your best bets honestly.

Ebay
Disc Golf Store
Disc Golf Center

http://www.marshallstreetdiscgolf.com/product/ST-63087/Lucid-Felon/ : 1@164, 4@165

http://www.clearwaterdiscgolfstore.com/lucid-felon : Lists 164 as an option, but not sure how many available. I would call here first to ask just to make sure

For a very overstable disc like a Felon or Firebird, there is just not very much demand for discs that are lighter than 170. But at least you have some options. Now go buy some discs and buy backups.

Or alternately you could just accept the fact that you aren't going to find another 164g Felon and buy a couple 166g Felons as backups (because honestly 2 grams isn't going to make a difference).

Edit: I stand corrected, Marshal street has one. I rarely check Marshal street because I find their selection generally more limited (and their prices and shipping a little higher) than some of the other sites like DGC and Infinite, but lots of people on here love them.

Marshal St. also weighs their discs, so they are telling you the ACTUAL weight, not the sticker or embossed weight. That 164g Felon could actually be marked 165g.

Marshall St. is pretty awesome bcz of their variety. Prices arent bad, especially if you put together an order big enough to save on shipping.

Also, keep an eye out for xout / misprint runs. They often have under-weight discs in misprint runs that you'll never find in production runs. I have a 160g World and Saint that are awesomesauce.

Marshall ST. Is really good and has individual colors and weights listed. They will also answer questions too.

And if you buy $50 shipping is free.

Marshall Street is nice and weighs each disc, plus frequent small discounts with no shipping after $50
Infinite Discs is also good and shows a picture of each disc, and there's a 5-10% discount you can find somewhere on DGCR

^^^^This is what I would have posted had I not been beaten to it.

I used a different retailer for most of my earlier purchases, but much prefer Infinite Discs now. The things that make them my preference is you see the exact disc you are getting in the picture (which, if you prefer tie-dye as I do, really helps), they have a wider selection than most other sites, and the reviews posted about nearly every disc are usually very helpful

I used a different retailer for most of my earlier purchases, but much prefer Infinite Discs now. The things that make them my preference is you see the exact disc you are getting in the picture (which, if you prefer tie-dye as I do, really helps), they have a wider selection than most other sites, and the reviews posted about nearly every disc are usually very helpful

I like Infinite Discs, as well. I buy online from them and from Disc Golf Center.

For retail stores, find the nearest Play It Again Sports (PIAS) locations and give them a shot. Some are better than others.

Discgolfcenter is a good one as you can see weights and colors and prices are good. I've also ordered from Discnation and gotten some great deals. However, most of my online purchases have happened here or on feebay.

I also like going to Play It Again Sports because you can actually get the discs in your hand and see what they feel like. They are more expensive though, in my experience, and it's overwhelming seeing all the discs there if you haven't done your research beforehand. Download Joe's Universal Flight Chart app (or something that can easily access whichever flight rating system you prefer) before you go in case you see a disc you like that you've never heard of. Last time I went to PIAS, I picked up a Thief (had never heard of it but it had a tournament logo on it and was selling for ten bucks) and I really liked how it felt but it had no flight numbers on it and I'm enough of a newbie that I can't tell what the disc numbers would be simply by looking at it. I looked it up on the app, imagined I had a spot in my bag for a disc with those numbers :rolleyes:, and ended up bagging it. It's one of my most-trusted discs now

My guess as to why you can't find another 164g lucid felon is that that weight is a total anomaly. I've looked at DGC, Infinite, dynamicdiscs.net, Disc Nation, etc., and I can't find a single example of a Lucid Felon under 166g. I'm pretty sure that is because Dynamic Discs doesn't mold Lucid Felons lighter than that on purpose. I'm sure there are probably more light ones out there, but they are probably quite rare, so good luck actually finding one

Agree completely. Although rare and potentially possible to find a light weight. It's an OS wind fighter, with utility.

Made to be max weight, ie not a beginner disc...

Also I check Play It Agains for bargains such as the 7.5+ Star Wraith I found for 5 bucks or the Grip B13 or B14 bag I found for 50 or the 2009 Worlds stamped SOLS I found at a different Play It Again for 5 bucks. I would also look for 8/10 or so 168ish Felons if you want an easy to find wind fighter.

My absolute favorite place to buy discs is from the back of Lowell Shields' van. He's a local mostly retired Innova pro, and in addition to casually teaching me a ton of what I know about DG (history and technique), he sold me several of my first discs (including a SDS Destroyer which I was pretty sure was broken, crystal z buzzz ss and wasp.) I dont make it out to Terrace Creek where he hangs out as much since I dont work over there anymore, but its still great to see him when I do. He's always got weird awesome stuff in that van, and if he doesnt have what you're looking for he may have it in his garage a few minutes away.

Beyond that, Celestial and KW have been very cool. Both have pics of every disc. Some of my best looking plastic has come from KW, at low prices with super quick shipping. Marshall St. gets a lot of my business any time Im ordering from multiple mfgs. or xouts because their stock is so good. I also appreciate their color+weight markings, and they are reliable.

My absolute favorite place to buy discs is from the back of Lowell Shields' van.

:clap::hfive::thmbup:

Haha, yeah Lowell is a class act. He got me started at Northpark back in the day. I remember always seeing him bang 30 footer after 30 footer with his stack of Rattlers using that chicken wing putt that he throws. It's so deadly. I also remember asking him if I could buy some Rattlers and he basically said, "no, you really don't want to."

Lol, ya, I bought a bunch of rattlers after watching him do that... glad it works for him. :) I resisted common sense for too long before getting in to aviars.

Lowell getting it done + talking up the rattler :
https://youtu.be/52YuBAkujeM

Latest posts