• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where's the Joan-ez?

Jomez does support FPO btw. Exactly the same quality as their MPO coverage. What a world...

Jomez does support FPO btw. Exactly the same quality as their MPO coverage. What a world...

I think the OP was looking specifically for content produced BY women, not just about women. As an aside, I agree with the perspective tampera had. Watching inferior content just because it was produced by a woman is actually just patronizing. I also agree with what a lot of others also said. Sometimes we should just let people watch what they want to watch for whatever reasons they have, and try to not read politics into their intent.

I think the OP was looking specifically for content produced BY women, not just about women.

ahh ok, thx. Peeps like the Disc Golf Guy, Jomez and others have really done well to promote the FPO division.

Women ARE on unequal footing and it is a result of prejudice.

I wish people didn't feel the solution to sexism/racism was MORE sexism/racism in the opposite direction. It never unifies anyone and only serves to highlight divisions.
What the OP is doing isn't even remotely sexism in the opposite direction. I laugh every time I see this absurdity voiced. OP has found an area of prior discrimination in his own viewing habits, and is attempting to expand to new areas. Choosing to look at more diverse content in the hope of picking up something worth supporting isn't some weird form of reverse sexism - exposing yourself to more diverse options doesn't remotely discriminate against anyone.

Do they have to have typical female anatomy from birth for you to seek to support them? Or, is it alright if they surgically switched anatomies somewhere down the line? What if they have a mixture of the two types of reproductive sets; will you only seek to support them at a 50% rate of a full woman? What if they have all male parts, but identify as female; do they get a slight bonus?

Count me with the poster who said content should be judged on it's own merits, not the what's between someone's legs.
OP didn't say they would support ****ty content. You're implying something that wasn't stated.

I can't get past the title of this thread. Does it need to be a latin american AV female named Joan? It assumes there are female AV people with the skills and interest to do this type of work. Both disc golf and AV are male dominated areas. I would also support female produced disc golf content if it exists, and this thread may be about 10-15 years ahead of its time. As the demand calls for it, we may see what the OP is asking for.

Women ARE on unequal footing and it is a result of prejudice.

I wish people didn't feel the solution to sexism/racism was MORE sexism/racism in the opposite direction. It never unifies anyone and only serves to highlight divisions.

Agree. we should get rid of the oppressive age and gender protected divisions like Masters and FPO and just have Open only.

Latest posts