• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which arm do you carry your bag on?

Which shoulder do you carry your bag on?

• Same shoulder as throwing arm

Votes: 31 16.9%
  • Opposite shoulder as throwing arm

Votes: 41 22.4%
  • Both shoulders (backpack)

Votes: 95 51.9%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 16 8.7%

• Total voters
Quads on a Silverback. I usually carry it on both shoulders, but if it's not too far a walk, then sometimes it just gets slung over my throwing shoulder.

Okay I am just wondering which arm you carry your bag on while you walk between holes, I carry it on my left shoulder to keep my right arm from getting tired also it takes the weight off of my right leg which is my bad leg.

So which shoulder do you carry your bag on and why?

I carry mine on my left shoulder as well for the same reasons as you. Except my issues aren't with a bad leg but a bad shoulder instead. My throwing shoulder is a mess due to past BMX related injuries, so I keep my bag away from it.

Sometimes it's my right, sometimes it's my left. No real rhyme or reason for it at all -- just whichever I grab it with.

Same as my throwing arm although I may try carrying on my opposite arm.

If my next throw is gonna be RHFH, I carry my Simian on my right shoulder. That way my arm is getting a warm up for a massive throw. Now, on the other hand (shoulder).. If my next shot will be RHBH, I'll carry it on my left shoulder to give my right shoulder a break. I NEVER use both shoulders. If I'm considering a thumber/tomahawk/grenade type shot, I'll ask my friend to carry my bag. That way I can really focus and get pumped up. Hope this helps..

Okay I am just wondering which arm you carry your bag on while you walk between holes, I carry it on my left shoulder to keep my right arm from getting tired also it takes the weight off of my right leg which is my bad leg.

So which shoulder do you carry your bag on and why?

Before you even think about what shoulder to put it on, think about what hand you are using to pick up the bag.

The bag should always be picked up with your non-throwing hand. Then put it on your non-throwing shoulder.

If you get serious about playing competitively, you will protect your throwing hand at all times.

depends on things like where I put the bag down, what disc i threw, what my next shot is, forehand or backhand, etc. probably 60/40 on my right though

I should realy carry it with both shoulders, but more often than not I only have the backpack over my left... bad habit I think.

Used to carry mine on my right, because that's my backpack shoulder. However, I wasn't THROWING things with my right arm then. Since then, I trained myself to carry my disc bag on my left.

I do all of these. I have back straps, but depending on what I am doing I will wear as a back pack, put it on my left arm or right.

Latest posts