• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which Bag should I get?

ChanningP

I'm in the market for a new bag. I currently have the innova standard bag, but have more discs that it can handle. I was looking at the innova competition or the Fade tourney bags. The innova competition is $10 more but that's not an issue if it's a better bag. Just curious as to what everyone's input is on my dilemma. Other bags suggestions are welcome also.

P.S. I will also be getting the infamous phenix quad shock straps :D

Revolution

Rev bags are the best. They cost more then any other bag that I know of but last FOREVER! I have had mine for over 5 years and its still going. I would see if you could find a wooden frame for it if you can, I that the plastic frame they put in there now has broken and that has hppened to 3 of them. The wood frames came in the old bags but some people dont like them so you might be able to find one.

Personally, I like a bag with more pockets so I can organize things better. So if it was me I would pick the Fade bag because it has more pockets and room for two disc in the putter pocket. Both are decent bags it just boils down to what fits your needs better. Both hold alot of plastic in the main compartment, ready for quads, and have two drink holders. Other than pocket space, those were the things that were a better fit for me. Compare them feature by feature and try to see them both in person if you can then choose what works best for you.

i like the innova competition bag better myself. the fade bags look like a crayola box threw up on them. plus they are longer and just more bulky. i currently have 23 discs (3 mids, 5 putters, rest drivers) in my comp bag with the divider removed. its all up to you, i would recommend going somewhere that sells them and trying out both bags, or if you know someone with either one ask to try it out for a few minutes and see how you like the feel.

If you wore out your last bag, get a Revo. They are expensive, but that's because they are well designed to be rugged, long-lasting and light. the internal frmae is a stroke of genius. The only drawback is that they aren't designed to carry a monstrous number of discs, unless you get the backpack. But who wants to spend $150 for a bag?

the revolution backpack would be my choice if money was not an issue. however, i have been using my innova compition for 2 years now and i couldnt be happier. could use a pocket for all my snacks tho. i agree with solomon.trenton. the fade bags are ugly.

the choice if i had the money would be the innova competition bag.

As long as you are getting a competition or the discarrier from innova quality wont be an issue like it has been before with other innova bags. the competition and discarriers are made by innova's sister company Hero and the quality is much higher than the deluxe, standard, and starter bags made by innova itself. in fact if you happen to have a competition bag (Hero/Innova) and a deluxe bag (Innova) side by side you can definitely tell the difference in materials and construction.

As long as you are getting a competition or the discarrier from innova quality wont be an issue like it has been before with other innova bags. the competition and discarriers are made by innova's sister company Hero and the quality is much higher than the deluxe, standard, and starter bags made by innova itself. in fact if you happen to have a competition bag (Hero/Innova) and a deluxe bag (Innova) side by side you can definitely tell the difference in materials and construction.

i own both a comp and a deluxe and there is a major difference in craftsmanship.

I have one of the Revolution backpacks and yes it cost an arm and a leg, but it is so worth it. Especially if you are a tournament player, this bag makes a big difference. The weight is distributed higher up on your back and makes it much less of a strain to carry around for a full day of disc golf. I am able to carry more discs then my competitors and more extras (water, towels, snacks, even extra clothes in case it was colder in the morning or rainy, etc.) and yet carrying my bag around feels lighter then any bag with quadshocks. I know it isn't for everyone, but if my revo bag ever wears out (it sure doesn't look like it will happen anytime fast) i will definitely be getting another one. Well worth the $$$.

You will probably like the Innova Competition. I've had one for a few weeks now and don't know how I lived without it. Like Solomon said, take a good look at the ones you like in person and I think that will make up your mind.

You will probably like the Innova Competition. I've had one for a few weeks now and don't know how I lived without it. Like Solomon said, take a good look at the ones you like in person and I think that will make up your mind.

I agree. I have had my Competition bag for 6 months and I love it.

Thanks for the help guys, I decided to go with the Fade bag. A little cheaper than the competition and it seemed a little bigger with some bigger pockets. The color was a flaw but i picked one of the less bright ones. Hopefully it works out!

I just got a Gorilla Boy Silverback and couldn't be happier -- lots of room and a great design. Very light -- seems lighter to carry around than friends' Revos. I'd highly recommend it. Using Quadshocks on it, and after one round, I'm happy. :) I'm really looking forward to using it enough to see how it holds up long-term.

The Fade customer service backing their product is absolutely fabulous! They went above and beyond the call with me. Not saying the others are not good also, but my experience with Fade was TOPS.

I have a fade bag and it seems like it's made very well. I've heard all sorts of complaints about the innova bags from guys that I play with and my first one broke. I was also very pleased with the price of the fade bags.
Also, on a side note. I don't have the back straps and use the single strap it came with, so far it has been great and I have yet to spend another 40 bucks on the quad straps.

small bags for lots of money. i dont know why you would spend more than the innova comp bag when they are almost the same thing. like 60 bucks or 150? hmmmm:confused:

I have a Gorilla Boy bag and it is put together far better than comparably sized Innova bags. It also has an amazing strength to weight ratio so you can carry it on one strap without that lopsided numb shoulder feeling. They are a decent amount of money but they are terrific bags and I suspect I won't ever be needing to replace it. Lastly, it is an American hand made bag put together by one guy running his own business.

Just doing my best for the economy!

Check out the Gorilla Boy bags. They seem to me to be the best disc bags on the market now.

Yeah, I was about to recommend either the Gorilla or the Silverback depending on how much storage he wants.

ETA: opps... looks like he went with the Fade bag - they seem to be popular amongst the masses on this site.

Latest posts