• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which DGCR member has played the most courses?

harr0140 is creeping up to 1000. Won't be long now.

The last year plus has been almost a standstill for me . . . it kills me to not play as many courses as I once did. I was supposed to take a trip to california last year but simply had no money to do it. Im finally doing it this winter but have to limit my courses a touch so that I can plan for my 1000th to be special and possibly host a tourney for it.

The funny thing is . . . my actual 1000th course could be anywhere from 975 to 1025 properties played on depending on what you consider a course. I am going with Avery's concept of what constitutes a course for the number 1000 . . . but after that . . . Ill probably add in all those courses that aren't considered courses under his idea of what constitutes a course . . . until the next big milestone 2000 which is so many years away!

I've played with Deke Guff.. It was on my private course, he seems like a pretty straight shooter and from our conversation, he sure knows enough about the courses I've played.

I am going with Avery's concept of what constitutes a course for the number 1000 . . . but after that . . . Ill probably add in all those courses that aren't considered courses under his idea of what constitutes a course . . .

how does Avery define a course?

^^^He does not believe practice courses with three baskets or so, should be counted; for one thing.

*Harr and I were in a "head to head" Wisconsin courses played race for a year or so, a few years back.... I noticed Mike (Harr), had a bunch of said practice courses marked on his list. Therefore, I made it a point to play those. :) I count them in my own "course count world"; as they offset the 50+ true courses that cannot be marked off here, for one reason or another.*

... as they offset the 50+ true courses that cannot be marked off here, for one reason or another.
Takes a lot of effort for someone Paul's height to keep his ear to the ground to find out about all those unlisted private courses that fly under DGCR's radar.

I was actually kind of joking about his course count being inflated. I was more poking fun at his selection of Kentwood and Cornwallis road as "favorite courses" in NC. These are local pitch and putt courses. Not terrible but it just shocked me to see anyone list them as favorites. Particularly someone that has played so many quality courses.

Someone gave me a heads up I'm getting talked about on the forum, so I figured I better check it out. After reading all the posts, I was wondering if I should say something or let the mystery linger. I do appreciate all the attention although I am a little embarrassed by it.

But yes, I have played all those courses, and I am now currently at 1600. When I'm not working at my 9-5 job, I'm usually traveling, and many of my trips revolve around disc golf.

I have met a few DGCR members on my travels, including playing a round with the Valkryie Kid in Nova Scotia, and playing with Shuie and DavidSauls on their private courses. And one of the first players I ever met when I first started was Biscoe at Gillies Creek Park in Richmond, Virginia.

I did attempt to keep up my disc golf blog but with all my traveling and playing, I kinda let it fall by the wayside. I do have a Facebook page (www.facebook.com/discgolfjones) and also an Instagram account (https://www.instagram.com/discgolfjones), where I post pictures of various courses throughout my travels.

As far as favoriting the Kentwood and Cornwallis Road courses in North Carolina, those were 2 of the earliest courses I played and added them as favorites for sentimental reasons. You never forget your humble beginnings.

I had the pleasure of throwing a round with Deke Guff at Idlewild. He's a super guy who's played his share of golf. It's not very often that you play with someone who enjoyed the same courses you did in Colorado, Florida, AND Ontario.

Thanks for chiming in, Deke. One day you'll have to re-visit Stoney Hill; it's greatly changed and vastly improved since last time.

Someone gave me a heads up I'm getting talked about on the forum, so I figured I better check it out. After reading all the posts, I was wondering if I should say something or let the mystery linger. I do appreciate all the attention although I am a little embarrassed by it.

But yes, I have played all those courses, and I am now currently at 1600. When I'm not working at my 9-5 job, I'm usually traveling, and many of my trips revolve around disc golf.

I have met a few DGCR members on my travels, including playing a round with the Valkryie Kid in Nova Scotia, and playing with Shuie and DavidSauls on their private courses. And one of the first players I ever met when I first started was Biscoe at Gillies Creek Park in Richmond, Virginia.

I did attempt to keep up my disc golf blog but with all my traveling and playing, I kinda let it fall by the wayside. I do have a Facebook page (www.facebook.com/discgolfjones) and also an Instagram account (https://www.instagram.com/discgolfjones), where I post pictures of various courses throughout my travels.

As far as favoriting the Kentwood and Cornwallis Road courses in North Carolina, those were 2 of the earliest courses I played and added them as favorites for sentimental reasons. You never forget your humble beginnings.
Congrats on your first post in 9 years! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ha! 9 years on DGCR with nary a post.
I don't expect him to start now.
Got that one wrong... :eek:

Looking forward to your next post in 2027 when you've reached 3000 played. :hfive:
Keep plugging brother! :thmbup:

Last edited:

Don't worry Deke, some of us had your back!! The thing is that most of the DGCR trolls on here never leave their home area and can't comprehend that someone could love disc golf enough to spend all there extra time and money towards certain disc golf goals.

I will use myself as one example, I myself not only try to travel and play disc as much as possible all the while trying to maintain my private course. Plus, i think the trolls don't understand what an obsession is really about, unless you count being a hater an obsession.

I don't see a lot of trolls or haters in this thread.....at least the 2018 version of it.

Don't worry Deke, some of us had your back!! The thing is that most of the DGCR trolls on here never leave their home area and can't comprehend that someone could love disc golf enough to spend all there extra time and money towards certain disc golf goals.

I will use myself as one example, I myself not only try to travel and play disc as much as possible all the while trying to maintain my private course. Plus, i think the trolls don't understand what an obsession is really about, unless you count being a hater an obsession.

Wow that's a lot of assumptions you just made. So let me continue, I must assume that I am the troll you're referring to since it was me that commented on Deke's selections of Kentwood and Cornwallis Road in his favorites. So now to correct your assumptions, I leave my home area whenever I can strictly for disc golf. I spend all my free time and money on travelling to play. Yes it is unfortunate that in the 7 years I've been playing regularly I have only got to 150 course in 10 states but that is what my budget and vacation days could handle. Now that I broke up with my fiance' because she does not like me to play all weekend and every day after work, I have more time for disc.

I, like you, travel as much as possible for disc and while I don't have a private course of my own, there are 5 private courses owned by friends in Louisburg that I rarely miss a work day for. Yes you are right I totally don't understand obsession just ask my former fiance'.

As I explained, I was not hating on Deke just offering some good natured ribbing. As Deke explained those 2 course were early on in his quest so he selected them for nostalgic reasons. I am all good with that explanation. It just struct me as funny since those 2 courses aren't even the best in Raleigh/Durham let alone the state.

I don't see a lot of trolls or haters in this thread.....at least the 2018 version of it.

Think he was calling me a troll since I commented on Kentwood and Cornwallis road being in Deke's favorites.

As you know Dave, I never leave Raleigh for disc. Except when I visited Stoney Hill over Thanksgiving this year.

Think he was calling me a troll since I commented on Kentwood and Cornwallis road being in Deke's favorites.

As you know Dave, I never leave Raleigh for disc. Except when I visited Stoney Hill over Thanksgiving this year.

I think your comment fell more in line with mine---surprise. I was surprised to see someone who had played so many courses under the radar....not doubting, just surprised. You were surprised to see someone who had played so many courses list those two as favorites....but he gave a good reason. (I have no idea what I've listed as favorites, but I probably included Earlewood, for similar reasons).

Shuie didn't call you a troll. YOU thought he called you a troll and then got all defensive about it. I didn't think he was talking about you as your comment was appropriate. I thought he was referring to the prevalence of doubters and skeptics here on DGCR. Which is exactly why I recommended documenting achievements.

(BTW, I thought your user name was Tripper because you went on a lot of road trips :D)

Latest posts