• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which DGCR member has played the most courses?

Damn, I was hoping we'd have the disc golf version of the Stig.

Some say...
When his shots hit trees, it's totally silent.
And that his drives create tsunamis on water carries...

all we know is, he's called Deke_Guff.

Some say...

An adult Bigfoot told it's children stories about Deke Guff, but the little feet were not buying it.

Last edited:
Some say...

I heard tell there was a course in Death Valley. Lush green meadows, tall cedar trees, clear flowing waters. That is, until Deke_Guff played it.

Folks round there say Deke_Guff gave Chuck Norris 18 strokes. Chuck left crying after the 1st hole.

Have we a controversy here?
I hadn't really thought about the validity of his listed courses... truly happened upon it.

The link to the blog shows Deke is the real deal. It appears he stopped blogging in 2015, but didn't stop bagging new courses. I have a goal to play 1000 courses and look forward to the day when some poster at DGCR doubts the validity of my course count.

To those of you looking to reach 1000, you may want to document your courses played in some way. You can share through posts here at DGCR like MartinDewgarita or on social media like Ben Calhoun(innovadude) and Larry Clifford Kirk or write a blog like Deke_Guff. You could write reviews of every course like Valkyrie Kid or use the DGCR Scorebook or upload course photos. Think of some way to document other than just marking the course as played.

Somewhere around course 150 in 2010, I started taking photos of all the courses I played and the people I played with so I can show that I actually did travel to all those courses. I also upload many of my course photos to DGCR.

Still very impressed by Tim's record! 1572 played! Wow! :clap:

Not everyone's in it for DGCR Glory. But it's surprising to find someone who's played that many, that quietly---most of the time, people have mentioned it somewhere, if not here, or people they've met have talked about them.

Or maybe not. Maybe there are 40 more people in the Thousand Course Club, just for their own pleasure, of whom we've never heard.

Just one more person who's a full order of magnitude ahead of me---and then some.

I must have missed the transition point between people pointing out irregularities of his courses played patterns on one thread and everyone praising him at the end if this one. What changed?

But it's surprising to find someone who's played that many, that quietly---most of the time, people have mentioned it somewhere, if not here, or people they've met have talked about them.

Well, he did have that blog... he just wasn't advertising his accomplishment. As you said, "Not everyone's in it for DGCR Glory."

It seems a few folks on here had met him, but just didn't realize he was even on DGCR.

We also have to realize that DGCR isn't the "be all, end all" for the sport.

I kinda respect his doing this while flying under the radar.

You realize that if more of you would buy DGCR travel tags, tag swaps could help provide decent record. I'm just sayin...

Last edited:
I must have missed the transition point between people pointing out irregularities of his courses played patterns on one thread and everyone praising him at the end if this one. What changed?

You might be confusing the 2013 discussions about TehWood, with the 2017 revival of this thread and the discussion of DekeGuff. I don't think there's been a lot of questioning of the latter's pattern---only surprise that his name had not surfaced before.

I heard tell there was a course in Death Valley. Lush green meadows, tall cedar trees, clear flowing waters. That is, until Deke_Guff played it.

Folks round there say Deke_Guff gave Chuck Norris 18 strokes. Chuck left crying after the 1st hole.

He is ... the most Interesting Man in Disc Golf.

I would like to know how many courses guys like McBeth, Wysocki, Lizotte, Schusterick, Locastro, etc. have played. Nobody on DGCR has listed more courses played at a younger age than me (542 at age 30) but all of those guys are younger than me and I imagine they have all played quite a lot.

Anyway, I am planning a big trip to Washington/Oregon this summer which will easily bump my course total over 600 and move my number of states played from 41 to 49 with only Alaska remaining.

I was looking through Deke's blog and it said he started at Gillies Creek Park in Richmond which was where i got started as well. Turns out I know the guy- haven't seen him in years but used to play with him a fair amount.

I would find it hard to believe that someone is updating course played on here on a continual basis to continue a lie . . . Tehwood did all of his course accumulation on the site in a few weeks to claim over 2000 . . . that was clearly a fake.

Probably documentation that we can read.

I honestly saw no irregularity in his pattern. He had a heavy concentration nearest to where he lives. He may have moved a few times over the years.

I'm in kind of a Deke desert around here. I feel deprived to be honest.

Latest posts