• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which found disc surprised you and went in your bag?

I found a nice, beat 11X Champ TeeBird on a course maybe 5 years ago. After about a year of contacting the owner and playing: Tag, you're it, I did everything that I could to return the disc. I even arranged a few road trips to his home course, about an hour away, to no avail. So I've been using it as my dead straight, woodsy disc.

I was living on Lightning discs back in '02, and at Dabney I found 2 uninked Discraft Pro D's, an XS and XL. They improved my game markedly. I have Elite Zs of both now, though I don't throw them as much. The original XL is in my "Own Private Horror Show" of discs I've thrown. The original XS escaped, years later, back into Dabney.:eek:

While searching the weeds for my disc, I didn't find it, but found a Mamba, black of course! I threw it on the next shot and threw it pretty well. I haven't bagged any Speed 11 discs before, until now. I'm throwing it pretty well and it is just about my "go to" driver now!!

Found a Star TL with no ink, and using it began my love affair with the TL. I'm using a slightly lighter weight TL now, but that original one is still ready as a backup.

Found a Buzzz and threw it a couple of times before calling its owner and returning it. The owner was very grateful to get it back, and I could understand why: it threw pretty well. It took a while, but I have my own Ti Buzzz now that I just can't get out of my bag.

found a really ugly beat to hell champion something, could not find any name or marking ,someone told me it was a orc,, the only disc I have ever been able to overhand with. Sadly I lost it about a year later. Have never found its equal.

idk what mold it is, but it's a orange blizzard factor second driver. i friggin love throwing it and wish i knew what it was

Every disc I've found that I couldn't return to its owner, for whatever reason, has been a piece of s. I try to kick them down to newbies, usually with little success. Not sure even Goodwill would take 'em.

Echo star destroyer of recent run. I HATED it at first because it was almost star tern understable and beat in quickly. It wasn't a destroyer!

But I started to work with its understability (hyzer to turnover on backhand and hyzerflip straight shot distance with sidearm) and it ended up being a workhorse this season at all courses wooded to wide open.

Never really had a use for a midrange (so I thought) until I found a Latitude Core in a culvert pipe of all places. Now I carry 5 mids - Core, Claymore, Fuse, Mace, and a Pain. Cannot believe the glide on the Core and Fuse. Will never leave home without them.

gstar Daedalus. Found no name/#. Love at first throw.

Was throwing all Innova. Found an ESP FLX Buzzz. The owner had moved, and said keep it. It is my go-to mid. Only discraft I throw (I throw vibram, MVP).

Star Mako was this disc for me. I now have 6, two of which are protos. Great straight mid that doesn't like to turn over.

Small Bead Aviars.

Found one on an empty course, no name/no number.

I put it in my bag to hopefully find the owner since it was a course I played often.

I eventually started throwing it after never finding the owner.

Still throw it, like 10 years later.

These are such popular molds that now it's hard to say they surprised me, but I found them surprising at the time.
Champ Sidewinder.... found one when I'd only been playing for a short time... was the only driver I could throw straight for quite a while. That was my go to driver for a few years.

I also found an ESP Surge that filled my OS driver slot for quite some time.

I had the fortunate and misfortune of finding a pristine tie-dyed champion Orc, for which the owner could not be found, and which flies very sweetly for me. So I throw it a lot.

But my plea for the next person who loses a disc that fits my game is, Please don't lose a tie-dyed disc.

Or, considering the fact that the tie-dye contributed to his losing it, Please ink your tie-dyes, and leave your 9/10 condition, brightly colored discs unmarked. Thanks.
lulz :clap:

Found an old KC Roc once. Switched from the Buzz to the Roc shortly after. It was a 165gr, a bit too light but still nice. Ended up passing it on to a new player. And I'm still throwing Roc's.

Latest posts