• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which one would you rather have: power or putting?

Power for me.

I get better at putting when I practice. But power seems to be something that's both difficult to learn and difficult to teach.

^^^this. anyone can learn to putt, just requires a little self-discipline. not everyone can learn to throw a long ways- requires some talent that i don't have. so i'll take genie supplied power and rely on myself to putt well.

SirRaph said:
Power for me.

I get better at putting when I practice. But power seems to be something that's both difficult to learn and difficult to teach.

^^^this. anyone can learn to putt, just requires a little self-discipline. not everyone can learn to throw a long ways- requires some talent that i don't have. so i'll take genie supplied power and rely on myself to putt well.

I'm with Biscoe and SirRaph on this. You don't need a genie's wish to gain what you can develop on your own.

I have a basket in the back yard - but live on a postage stamp 150x150. I would go for the driving as I can practice 100 or less all the time.

:thmbup:

I don't have power for big drives,but my upshots and putts give me the win.I practice 10 out of 10 at 25'and move to 50' until I'm happy. Works for me.

I too would like to see a poll tacked on to this. just to have a visual representation.

oh and I choose putting. I can already out drive most everyone I know but it's all for naught when I can't make any putts. maybe I just need to practice.

I would love to have either... But I find mortal level power gets me to the baskets on most courses I play, so putting for me.

I'd take putting too. I'm pretty close on holes within the 375 and lower range so sinking the putt really matters for me.
it's all about the second shot.