• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Which tern is your tern?

Hmm. That may explain things. I have a protostar tern that is light blue and very stiff but while it's pretty light (165g) it is the most stable term I've ever thrown. Maybe it's the stiffer plastic?

My favorite one was my first which was a 175 Blue champ. Stiff as hell and beefy. Flew closer to a slightly beaten in destroyer with tons of glide with very lil turn. I could throw that thing 2ft off the ground and it would still go 400ft. I tried metal flakes, glows and a bunch of other champs and haven't found another on as stable. If anyone has any beefy ones, lmk. I'm willing to trade.

Man, I hear ya about those stiff champ max weight beefy blues. Tasty candy indeed. Only problem is when I don't trust her and try to finesse her, she'll go OB left on me all day.

max weight blues are the beefy ones eh?

I'll have track one down and see.. My max weight glows were only a tick more stable than other normal champ terns.

Champ 168 beat to 7.5-8/10...new Champ 167 for backup.

Grey star tern with the world's stamp. Just won longest drive at a tournament with it this weekend actually

149g and 150g Factory 2nd Starlite Terns are my max distance, no wind/tail wind drivers of choice.

162g and 163g Champion Terns (a normal production run) will handle a little headwind and generally fly straighter than the Starlites for me. Not quite the same distance, but very nice for straight line distance with moderate fade at the end.

I love my 168 star Tern for max distance. It will just fly dead straight for me at 400'. Then I have my Champ Tern 164 for max distance but when I need it to fade at then end.

I have a Star, Champ and G*. Had an EchoStar and lost it on a blind crest with water on the other side.

So far, I am liking this G* the best. This thing bombs. For some reason the shallow rim doesn't bother me as much either with the G*. The champ can get slick, to me, especially with the shallow rim.

I have a double,stamped tourney glow,tern that needs to leave my glow bag. I'd trade for just about any glow driver that's slower, Valkyrie, wraith, etc. just don't love the tern. Any takers?

The Worlds Star Terns have been my go to distance driver. One that has been in my bag since the release (Turnover/Roller) and a newer one for max distance.

So if I'm reading this thread correctly, Terns are praised for what the Groove has been ostracized for?

My favorite one was my first which was a 175 Blue champ. Stiff as hell and beefy. Flew closer to a slightly beaten in destroyer with tons of glide with very lil turn. I could throw that thing 2ft off the ground and it would still go 400ft. I tried metal flakes, glows and a bunch of other champs and haven't found another on as stable. If anyone has any beefy ones, lmk. I'm willing to trade.

How tall are you?

Latest posts